HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2012, 11:27 PM
E-Flite Apprentice FTW
Joined Mar 2012
48 Posts
Help!
JXD 342 Battery Upgrade suggestions

Hello all,

I recently purchased the JXD 342 "Rescue" Heli in blue. Great little chopper for flying inside, havent been able to take it outside yet due to wind in my area.

However, after about a week of flights I have noticed a drastic reduction in batterly life. Not just by a few seconds but more like a couple of minutes. This thing is now flyable for about a minute and 30 seconds before it dies and becomes uncontrollable. I have looked on many sites and have found possible candidates for a battery upgrade but I am just not sure WHICH batery will work in this particular aircraft. I dont want to buy one and burn out a motor or electrical component on the first charge/flight. Here are the specs for the stock battery: 600mAh 3.7V. It has "Fullymax" written on it along with what appears to be model number/serial number. I've attached some pics of the battery & connector also.

Here are the batteries that I was looking at to try and decide:

http://www.nitroplanes.com/sky.html

I'm just not sure what to watch for, I know for longer life and more power I want more mAh, but what about voltage and 15C, 20C, 30C, etc??

Thanks to anyone who can provide some advice.

Tutexx
Tutexx is offline Find More Posts by Tutexx
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:21 PM
E-Flite Apprentice FTW
Joined Mar 2012
48 Posts
Guess i'll reply to myself and anyone else out there who might be wondering this same question. Well i did some research and went with this battery

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-7V-800mah-...item415fbae295

it has the same connector and voltage but comes out +200mAh. Hopefully this boost in power will help flight time and power. Flights are good outside in no wind but i'm hoping this added power will help fly outside in a slight breeze. the new battery is also slightly longer than the stock battery, so we'll see how that goes.

will follow up when battery is installed, charged, and used.
Tutexx is offline Find More Posts by Tutexx