HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2012, 05:27 PM
USA, PA, Coatesville
Joined Sep 2009
1 Posts
Help!
Replacing Lithium battery in Stylus Radio

Hello all. I have two Airtronics Stylus radios and they need to have the Lithium battery replaced (for memory), and would like to know if I can do this myself or do I have to send them into Airtronics (at 40 dollars per radio). Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
brumill is offline Find More Posts by brumill
Last edited by brumill; Mar 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2012, 10:41 PM
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
Same but for a jr propo xf421ex tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by brumill View Post
hello all. I have two airtronics stylus radios and they need to have the lithium battery replaced (for memory), and would like to know if i can do this myself or do i have to send them into airtronics (at 40 dollars per radio). Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
hi, is my same issue with a jr propo ex421ex. I opened it and found 1 cr 2032 lithium 3 v with "electrowelded" terminals on it and soldered to the board. My plan is to unsolder the terminals from the board and use 1` battery holder for that kind of battery soldered to the board, but my concern is if i need a backup 3v power supply somehow hooked up to where the battery was, and for obvious reasons of course, without the tx battery...
ES201 is offline Find More Posts by ES201
Old Apr 03, 2012, 10:46 PM
Quincy IL
Joined Jul 2006
528 Posts
Yes you need to connect a backup coin cell battery before you remove the depleted one.

There have been several threads here on the details for different model TX.
Hugh P is offline Find More Posts by Hugh P
Old Apr 04, 2012, 02:42 AM
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh P View Post
Yes you need to connect a backup coin cell battery before you remove the depleted one.

There have been several threads here on the details for different model TX.
Thank you i'll work on that..
ES201 is offline Find More Posts by ES201
Old May 07, 2012, 08:12 AM
memphis TN
Joined Sep 2003
68 Posts
Can anyone cite the thread for the Stylus? The search function doesn't pick anything up. Thanks in advance for your help.
old navy is offline Find More Posts by old navy