HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2012, 03:57 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
Question about an old Nikko Columbia electric R/C plane

Hi. Forgive me if this is not the proper forum for this question. I have an old Nikko Columbia R/C battery powered foam plane kit. My grandfather bought it back in the 80's (I think) for us to fly together, but due to illness, we never had the opportunity. It is still in the opened original box and has never been assembled. It is this same model
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikko-Americ...c#ht_500wt_969
I am a complete beginner and thought about trying to fly this plane, but I think I want to start with something a little newer. My question is...is there any type of value to an old plane like this (parts, motor, etc), or is it more of an obsolete relic? Thank you so much for your input.
jeneric82 is offline Find More Posts by jeneric82
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:01 PM
Senile Member
Moab, Utah, USA
Joined Apr 2003
6,141 Posts
Obsolete relic pretty much describes it.

Larry
Lnagel is offline Find More Posts by Lnagel
Old Mar 07, 2012, 07:58 PM
Build it, don't buy it
Calgary, AB, Canada
Joined Apr 2008
2,201 Posts
Hi jeneric, Welcome to RCG.

With the history, I assume the plane has sentimental value?
In which case, it should indeed fly someday, but you may want to spend some time in the hobby and gain some experience before doing so, that way its first flight may not be a very short one and its last.

Cheers,
Carey.
foamnpacktape is offline Find More Posts by foamnpacktape
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:25 AM
United States, NM, Los Lunas
Joined Jan 2012
65 Posts
We have one of these!!!!!! I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find parts for this? He said he got it as a gift back in the 1980's and flown and crashed it a couple of times. It is a Columbia RC radio control plane made by Nikko. We need a few propellers and a nose cone and spinner for it but other than that it looks fine. Here is a link on Ebay of what it is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-MIB-NIK...item460aa2692d
mrmki81 is offline Find More Posts by mrmki81