SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 07, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined Mar 2012
6 Posts
Discussion
Joysway offshore rc boat

I have got the Offshore racer and we race as a group and of course we manage to flip them, but they stay upside down. I have seen videos of the boats self righting, can anyone advise me how to do this without giving way too much speed?
thegoose1234 is offline Find More Posts by thegoose1234
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2012, 03:51 PM
GILL
United States, NJ, Hopatcong
Joined Aug 2005
2,598 Posts
You will need an air chamber on top of the boat and weight on the bottom center line. The weight can cost some speed. The old Grupner ECO Speed and the Robbe ECO Star both used air chambers and the motor weight to self right most of the time.
GILL RC is offline Find More Posts by GILL RC
Old Mar 07, 2012, 05:50 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,575 Posts
Read down to "flood chamber".

http://www.fastelectrics.net/monohulls.php
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Mar 08, 2012, 02:16 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
5,029 Posts
Hi Goose,

Here's a small 'how to' on a floodchamber:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...oodchamber+how

Mind you, your boats are relative small and should be set-up to selfright without the aid of a flooddchamber (for which is barely room in those hulls), by shifting the weight to the left (moving the battery away from the center line, or even adding lead weight).

With a little tinkering the boat should list to the left when at rest, and run level at speed due to the proptorque.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is offline Find More Posts by pompebled
Old Mar 08, 2012, 06:47 PM
Joined Mar 2012
6 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the reply and I will try your suggestions. Goose
Old Apr 01, 2012, 05:25 PM
Joined Mar 2012
6 Posts
Off shore racers

OMG, i fitted my Joysway offshore racer with a metal three proonged prop and a new battery. So the other boats we were racing only saw the rear of boat stand up on its lenght and then take off and leave them so far behind. I did have an issue handling the boat as it is the most amazing fast boat that I have tried to handle, but so what! To take one of our eight boats to another level was very funny and lots of what have you done 'is this inside the club rules'... so what it was so funny and we do not realy have rules apart form hulls size!

So if you live in the south of England near Godalming and you would like a laugh and race your boat email me. You can see some aof our daft races on you tube whithornfarm!

David
thegoose1234@hotmail.com