HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:04 AM
Joined Mar 2012
7 Posts
Discussion
Centering Trims help?

I am new to the Aurora 9 transmitter and have just set up my 2nd model. After the first flight, I had to adjust the elevator trim to the full down position and also needed a few clicks of right aileron.

Now the model flies well and the trimming is mostly complete. I have been looking in the manual and online, and can't find out how to make the current trim position be the new center positions.

Coming from JR radios, this was very simple to reset the trim positions. However, I can't figure it out on the Aurora. I want to avoid using the sub trims to "find" the current positions of the control surfaces while backing out the trims. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
shaymus is offline Find More Posts by shaymus
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2012, 01:17 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaymus View Post
I am new to the Aurora 9 transmitter and have just set up my 2nd model. After the first flight, I had to adjust the elevator trim to the full down position and also needed a few clicks of right aileron. Now the model flies well and the trimming is mostly complete. I have been looking in the manual and online, and can't find out how to make the current trim position be the new center positions. Coming from JR radios, this was very simple to reset the trim positions. However, I can't figure it out on the Aurora. I want to avoid using the sub trims to "find" the current positions of the control surfaces while backing out the trims. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
That feature not available many TX at all.

"had to adjust the elevator trim to the full down position "
Suggest best to reset the linkages so the model is set up mechanically correct, with
trim returned to neutral. This way you do not run out of trim some where down the track,
nor overdrive servo. (Case top overdriven burnt out servo .
[perhaps this intention is indicated by "I want to avoid using the sub trims to "find"
the current positions of the control surfaces while backing out the trims." ?]
E.P.A - A.T.V - Dual Rates differences, cautions and arming ESC.
""Sub Trims:
. Use sparingly to center servos once only, when arm cannot be centered using splines on shaft, during setup.
. If both EPA and D/R settings are at 125% and the trim is at 100% full deflection in either
direction, you may exceed the tolerance of the receiver.
Some receivers are set to accept a specific pulse range and when many computerised TX are set up as mentioned,
you will exceed that range.
It is not that the receiver is defective or that the TX is defective, it is just that in this
unlikely situation they will be incompatible.
. Later use of sub trims will also impact on the user mixes of most TX.[(NB: see note under glossary).
"
see also sub section
"Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - Causes and Cures " below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Mar 07, 2012 at 01:23 PM.