SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by pepper12, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2012, 10:58 AM
No Hangar Queens!
Maryland
Joined May 2009
1,705 Posts
I have a GB Eagle 2 that I have electrified. Its great. You will not regret it. Less work cleaning and reliable like nobody's business. Great restoration there.
Willsonman is offline Find More Posts by Willsonman
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:41 PM
Joined Feb 2008
65 Posts
Power?

Curious as to the "power train" you used: Motor - esc - battery.
I am new to this - especially the technical part and would appreciate any advise you might give.
Thanks
pepper12 is offline Find More Posts by pepper12
Old Mar 07, 2012, 10:34 PM
No Hangar Queens!
Maryland
Joined May 2009
1,705 Posts
Using a Monster Power .46 size motor:
http://www.hobbypartz.com/monsterpow...ess-motor.html
Currently out of stock but I would also recommend the Tacon Bigffot motor as well for this. They are both great motors. and worth the wait for stock to arrive IMO. I have an 85A ESC with 5A SBEC. I had it already so I thought I would put it to use. I have a 4000mAh 4 cell lipo running a 12x8 prop.
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9136
Battery is up front where the fuel tank normally is but the battery has to be connected under the wing. I use the ESC switch to turn things on and off after the wing is bolted down. This actually makes the CG a bit forward but thats how I prefer to fly. Havign the Battery in the main cab area has the CG a hair aft of the recommended CG. Probably ok but I've not tried yet. See my blog for pics of it.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 02:51 PM
Joined Feb 2008
65 Posts
Whoa!!

Thanks for the info...
I have been looking at some of your builds...I have trouble putting the battery in!!! Not to mention my workshop if the top of the washer/dryer! To say "nice" planes is a big understatement!
pepper12 is offline Find More Posts by pepper12
Old Mar 08, 2012, 08:46 PM
No Hangar Queens!
Maryland
Joined May 2009
1,705 Posts
Hey man make due with what you have. Thank you for the compliment.