HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 20, 2005, 07:15 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,548 Posts
>>"Anyone tried the Zagi Speed Timed and balanced reverse rotation pusher motor ? http://www.zagi.com/index.php?main_...=43&cPath=6&ses Draws only 2 1/2 amps more.<<"

Not sure how you managed to pull only 2-1/2 amps on the Zagi Speed 400, Reverse Wound, pusher motor. I pulled around 12-14 amps, when using a 7 cell GP1100 pack. Managed to burn up this motor, after numerous flights (90+), and just installed a second Zagi pusher. Recomendations for B/L are most valid, the way to go if you want performance and duration. Checked the amps on the new motor, when using a 1500HC Kokam 3S1P Lipo, and I came up with 16.5. In all cases, I have been using the stock prop, more recently mounted via a MPJet prop adaptor.

For those who like to denigrate the T-Hawk and point out all the "mods" that "have to be made" in order to fly the plane, please note in stock form this plane flies very well. Those of use who wish to modify the plane are doing so in the interest of pushing the performance level well beyond the original design. The fact that the plane remains very flyable, when so modified, speaks volumes as to the validity of the original design. Also, it is interesting to see the number of experienced fliers who choose to fly the T-Hawk, modify it, etc. This is very much a "second" plane as it is a trainer, with much better potential for souping up. I expect to upgrade to brushless on my T-Hawk later this season. First, however, I have to burn up that Zagi motor!!

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2005, 08:13 PM
Gil
20 mi. N of Baltimore, MD.
Joined Feb 2004
377 Posts
Doug Sipprell

For the record, the 2 1/2 amps was the ADDITIONAL draw as identified in the listed site.

So some one downgraded the stock T-Hawk ! Well, it's a great ship I would say...again. Others are entitled to their opinion.

Mods are always learning experiences for me, and not all are intended to push performance. Whatever turns you on, I guess.

What I do resent is someone refering to the T-Hawk (type) as just toys.
Gil is offline Find More Posts by Gil
Old Mar 22, 2005, 07:11 PM
Gil
20 mi. N of Baltimore, MD.
Joined Feb 2004
377 Posts
FoamCrusher

I've "lost it" ! What is PU glue, please ? (Duh)
Gil is offline Find More Posts by Gil
Old Mar 22, 2005, 08:22 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,548 Posts
>>"I've "lost it" ! What is PU glue..."<<

I think he is referring to as Polyurethane glue, such as Gorilla Glue. It has a characteristic odor, maybe that is why people say PU!!

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Mar 23, 2005, 12:05 AM
If it floats....sail it!
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2002
4,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell
>>"I've "lost it" ! What is PU glue..."<<

I think he is referring to as Polyurethane glue, such as Gorilla Glue. It has a characteristic odor, maybe that is why people say PU!!

RD
Correct. It is also available under the name TiteBond and several others. It foams and cures faster in the presence of water, so it takes a little practice to get the glue/water ratio correct so it bonds but doesn't foam all over the place.

Only a quick wipe down of the parts with water or a drop or two per thimble sized amount of glue is enough to kick it off. In high humidity areas you may not even need water. It is light weight and super strong.

FC
FoamCrusher is offline Find More Posts by FoamCrusher