HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by flyingflipper, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 03:39 PM
Joined Sep 2004
646 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Sold
Gaui 330X-S - Built, Upgraded, Ready to Fly!

I bought this from Cliff at Atlanta Hobby about 6 weeks ago. This is the latest model with scorpion motors and proprietary Gaui esc's. Flies great; very agile and quick. Flew it about a dozen times. I am a conservative flier; no crashes.

If you are looking for a quad that's been built, upgraded and ready to fly, this is for you!

I made a few mod's for the better:
Beefed up the "suspension" with springs from ball point pens. Much stronger - no spring failure.
Installed stronger tinnerman fasteners for the wheels and strut - no more wheels or strut assemblies falling off.
Installed Dean's "mini plugs" to connect the esc to the motor. The stock setup is weak at best. This is a "must do" for this model.
Replaced cheap hex and pan fasteners with quality Team Losi fasteners.
Glued the tires to the rims.

Best of all, I added a 1 1/4" led cluster to the ping pong ball. It is really bright! I haven't measured the battery draw. Using a 3s 2100 mAh battery, I flew it for about 10 minutes with the light on no problem. The right side of the plastic tubing is thicker because I ran the led wire along the tube and then covered it in white heat shrink.

So, why am I selling it? I need a bigger platform. Although I tested it with an 18 ounce payload, I'm pushing the envelope of it's capacity. I just received a Flame Wheel last week so now it's time to list it for sale. I would like to have both but my budget won't allow it!

This rig is ready to go. I've included a Spektrum AR6110 receiver as well. Anything wrong with it? No, but if you are looking for a picture perfect out of the box 330S-X, this is not it. The blades are a little scuffed as is the Gaui cover, the ping pong ball and tubing setup needs to be improved and it's what I consider "over glued" but that is my preference. Hey, it's assembled, modified nicely and ready to roll!

I don't have a seller rating but I've been a member of RC Groups for over 8 years. I do have a 100% rating for over 500 transactions on ebay.

I would like to get $300 bucks for it and that will include shipping, insurance and a perfectly bubble wrapped quad.
flyingflipper is offline Find More Posts by flyingflipper
Last edited by flyingflipper; Mar 10, 2012 at 09:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2012, 03:59 PM
good
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
waooo

that's nice.
mc cool is offline Find More Posts by mc cool
Old Mar 06, 2012, 05:09 PM
Too Many Hobbies
United States, OH, Massillon
Joined Jan 2012
181 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
Pm sent
Dreaming is offline Find More Posts by Dreaming
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:47 PM
Too Many Hobbies
United States, OH, Massillon
Joined Jan 2012
181 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
PayPal ready
Dreaming is offline Find More Posts by Dreaming
Old Mar 08, 2012, 02:22 PM
Joined Sep 2004
646 Posts
Question asked about the skid - it is from a Double Horse Volitation 9053 helicopter. It has not been modified to fit the Gaui.
Last edited by flyingflipper; Mar 09, 2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:46 PM
Joined Sep 2004
646 Posts
Got a few requests asking to see it fly. So here are 2 short videos taken in my office. The first is with the overhead lights off and one with them on. It was the middle of the afternoon so there was still some outside light coming in the window. Still, you can see how bright the LED cluster is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr-8h...ature=youtu.be

http://youtu.be/AIDaQzke8L0
Closed Thread