HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 06, 2012, 03:45 PM
Joined Feb 2012
36 Posts
Discussion
Help I can't find any info on this engine anywhere can anyone help?

Can anyone identify this engine it has great compression and the needle is perfect.
Attachment 4688626

Attachment 4688627

Attachment 4688628
wet banshee is offline Find More Posts by wet banshee
Last edited by wet banshee; May 20, 2012 at 05:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2012, 04:38 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,361 Posts
It is a early version of the Norvel .049 or .06 engines. The Russian Cryllic letters on the side are "AME". The inked in writing usually means 1.010cc or .06 cubic inch displacement. These engines were typically called "Pre-Revlite" types of engines.
More on their history here http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/...allengines.htm
A new importer sells the engines and parts here for them too www.nvengines.com/

Quote:
NORVEL is a manufacturer of premium sport and competition model engines. NORVEL engines use Revlite™ ceramic cylinder/piston technology to produce more power, smoother running, and a longer operating life --- at up to 25% lower overall weights and 25% better fuel efficiency than ABC-type engines.

NORVEL has produced outstanding .049 and .061 motors since 1994 and started the revival of 1/2A R/C modeling across America. NORVEL 1/2A engines are the best respected small engines in the world.

Around 2000, NORVEL released several models (.15 and .25) of a line of larger displacement engines with Revlite™ technology that boast "best-in-class" power-to-weight ratios and amazingly friendly performance. We just recently released the AX-40, the first engine produced in our completely updated ISO 9001 certified manufacturing facility.
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by earlwb; Mar 06, 2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 04:45 PM
Joined Feb 2012
36 Posts
Thanks a bunch brother that helps alot, I don't have any use for it so I'll be putting it on the classifieds so someone can get some use out of it. Thanks again!
wet banshee is offline Find More Posts by wet banshee
Old Mar 07, 2012, 08:02 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
13,062 Posts
RC versions were used on the Litemachines too. I still have a couple kicking around in the garage somewhere.Good running little motors.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Mar 09, 2012, 08:52 PM
Two left thumbs
Muncie, IN
Joined Sep 2006
4,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
It is a early version of the Norvel .049 or .06 engines. The Russian Cryllic letters on the side are "AME". ]
I think that's a Cyrillic "D" instead of an "E," which would look like this: И, or maybe like this: З. A Russian "D" is Д, and that's what's on the engine. Just a quibble, since the identity is right on!
GeoffinIN is offline Find More Posts by GeoffinIN
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:42 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,361 Posts
You could very well be correct. But the MH-Aerotools website for the Norvel engine stated that it translated to "AME". So since my understanding of the Russian language is very little, I assumed they were correct.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:11 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,361 Posts
GeoffinIN, I ran across this pic and even the Russians translated it as a AME
Maybe the cryllic letters are sort of stylized like some of our English alphabet using Italics or a different font set.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter