HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:42 AM
United States, AL
Joined Apr 2007
822 Posts
The ability to download/view logged data and change settings with a iphone is something I would happily pay money for.
biskit is offline Find More Posts by biskit
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:15 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingconsulting View Post
Well I got it working with virtualbox, windows vista (best cd I had around) on my Mac. Works great.

I'm trying to remember what I did because I was doing a lot of things. One you have to make sure that the usb device is loading in the VM and not the Mac. I also updated vista to all the latest service packs etc.

Robert
The hardest thing to remember is to set the VM to use Castle USB device in the VM... you just make a filter and you are done... you can also toggle devices like USB drive on and off from the VM...
Clintstone is offline Find More Posts by Clintstone
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:08 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
805 Posts
I "think" what did it was uninstalling then made sure the usb was hooked up then reinstalled software. Sure nice to be able to use on my main computer.

I've dealt with computers for a long time and it's pretty amazing I can run windows on a Mac. Linux too. They have all come a long ways.

Robert
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:17 AM
Jets fly goooood!
Italy, Lazio, Ariccia
Joined May 2004
569 Posts
I own few Castle Creation ESC ranging from 110HV, 120HV, 160HV and some small amps as well.
I have only Apple in my home, no computer running Windows and I would love to see their software working on Apple operating system.
I am not talking about using parallel Desktop or any similar software, I am talking about a dedicated software.
Nowadays everybody selling electronics include in their CD the software expressly made for both Windows and Mac, shouldn't be time for Castle to step up and do same?

Gianluca
felix72 is offline Find More Posts by felix72
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:41 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,145 Posts
cant wait till they get their castlelink mac happy in the mean time i use it on my mac running parallels and windoz 8. works ok. Just programmed up a special esc last night with it and the esc sittin in my lap with a battery attached to it.now when I solder it to the motor and mount it,it is ready for flight. saweet!
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Sep 01, 2013, 01:46 PM
Joined Aug 2013
4 Posts
Bringing this thread back from the dead..
any news on when castle link will be mac friendly?
craigdieselmac is offline Find More Posts by craigdieselmac
Old Sep 01, 2013, 02:58 PM
Jets fly goooood!
Italy, Lazio, Ariccia
Joined May 2004
569 Posts
Well,

I believe is something that can be described as their policy at the moment, not to support the computer based on OS system, and I don't see any wiliness to do so in the future so improvement of the situation so far.

Gianluca
felix72 is offline Find More Posts by felix72