HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:22 AM
USA, FL, Bradenton
Joined Oct 2007
39 Posts
Discussion
Any Turn-key long range FPV systems out there ready to fly?

Wonder if anyone is building any turn-key ready to fly long range FPV systems installed in plane flying wing etc RTF.
Im looking for something but don't have the time to build right now with work etc.
So wonder if there is anything out there on the market.
videorov is offline Find More Posts by videorov
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:48 AM
Just dog tired.
USA, NY, Buffalo
Joined Dec 2010
459 Posts
Currently, no. Not outside the High-end commercial UAV market anyway. (Northrup Grumman, et al) I know that RMRC is planning on putting out some ready to fly FPV systems, although they aren't available yet. But you can check back with them at readymaderc.com. They also have some very nice pre-packaged FPV equipment systems available that you can put on your vehicle of choice that make getting into the hobby much easier.

Honestly, unless you are planning on using your FPV rig commercially, your best bet is to spend some time familiarizing yourself with the systems by reading here and then putting your own together. Most of this stuff is pretty "fiddly" and fickle, even the "proven" equipment. It's still very much "Hobby grade" that we are working with here, not commercial grade by any stretch. So if you aren't comfortable with a soldering iron, you might want to find a different hobby.

FPV isn't for just anyone to pick up and go with. It requires a certain level of technical expertise and/or dedication that regular RC doesn't require. That said, if you are willing to work at it like the rest of us, then welcome to the fold!
Wearyman is offline Find More Posts by Wearyman
Old Mar 06, 2012, 01:57 PM
USA, FL, Bradenton
Joined Oct 2007
39 Posts
Turnkey

Thanks for the info. I will checkout the RMRC stuff and see if I can put one on my
sky surfer pusher plane. Its about the same as EasyStar.
I just want to fly it around my 10 acres for now to learn and maybe branch out farther down the road on a friends 750 acres.
Thanks again I will check out the sites you listed.
Its been to windy to fly here on the west coast of Florida lately
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:09 AM
United States, NV, Rachel
Joined Dec 2008
1,174 Posts
Videorov - http://www.UrbanDrones.com also offers ready to fly FPV systems. The website right now only shows the 1.2ghz system, but in the next couple of days it will be updated to offer turn key FPV Systems and airplanes as well.
Right now RTF FPV systems are in. And airplanes just have to be requested via the contact page.
alexedit is offline Find More Posts by alexedit
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:41 AM
Honey Badger
United States, FL
Joined Oct 2005
1,814 Posts
What about Team Black Sheep? RTF LOOOOONNNNGGGGGG Range Zeph that is a proven setup.
Blue Chip is offline Find More Posts by Blue Chip
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:42 AM
USA, FL, Bradenton
Joined Oct 2007
39 Posts
TurnKey

Thanks for the info will check the page out and keep watching it for updates
for the new systems.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:14 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by videorov View Post
Wonder if anyone is building any turn-key ready to fly long range FPV systems installed in plane flying wing etc RTF.
Im looking for something but don't have the time to build right now with work etc.
So wonder if there is anything out there on the market.
Unless you want it asap, pay someone to build one for you.

If i were closer to you i would do it for you, you could just give me a deposit upfront of about 25% of what we thought it would cost them pay the rest on delivery.

If you want me to post something over to you from Australia, just show me the components you would like and i'll do it for you, i love building and tinkering with stuff.
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Jan 2010
813 Posts
Video let me know how it goes, as I'm from Melbourne, Florida, and just getting into it as well.

Right now I emailed readymaderc , and asked when their $539.00 package is going to be available in 5.8ghz Fat Sharks

I'm building a " Maxi Swift " 56" wing for my first FPV flights here shortley as well
fltekdiver is offline Find More Posts by fltekdiver