SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 06, 2012, 02:56 AM
I don't like your altitude
Joined Sep 2011
3,323 Posts
Discussion
Q&A thread

Thought I would start this to accommodate one off questions that can be asked here rather than going off topic in existing threads.
My query -has anybody had dealings with www.nurfluegel-modelltechnik-de ?They have some nice looking kits,wondered if anyone had built any of them.
Stuart
Stupot46 is offline Find More Posts by Stupot46
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2012, 03:11 AM
F1B is ok.
Monheim am Rhein Germany
Joined Jul 2008
483 Posts
This link works better: http://www.nurfluegel-modelltechnik.de/

Heinz
hastf1b is offline Find More Posts by hastf1b
Old Mar 06, 2012, 06:50 AM
Joined Sep 2011
3,323 Posts
Thanks Heinz,I just took the link as printed on the site.
Stuart
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:08 AM
less is more
United States, CA, Marina
Joined Sep 2006
2,851 Posts
I have not built any of their stuff, but from the looks of these guys, they couldn't be too far off of the mark.

Kent
Knoll53 is offline Find More Posts by Knoll53
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2012, 01:40 PM
Needs brain lubrication
Aachen, very western Germany
Joined Dec 2004
1,391 Posts
I don't have first hand experience with the kits, but in Germany it seems there are lots of happy customers.
I've seen flight reports and build threads and it looked all well made and properly designed.

Raimund Sonst, the guy behind http://www.nurfluegel-modelltechnik.de/ does arrange the annual Nurflugel Meeting in Germany that draws enthusiasts from all over the country.
So he is well known to the german Nurflugel community.

biber
biber is offline Find More Posts by biber
Old Mar 06, 2012, 02:42 PM
Joined Sep 2011
3,323 Posts
Thanks Biber,that's just what I wanted to hear.
Regards Stuart
Old Mar 06, 2012, 04:57 PM
Germany
Joined Nov 2005
339 Posts
Hi Stuart,

I built and flew an Orion 7 frm Raimund. The quality is fine, the bird was flying good. It was my first Horten. I was glad with this plane and learnt a lott how to built this kind of planes. This experience was the reason to develop my own method to build wings.

Regards

Lothar
Tijgerhaai is offline Find More Posts by Tijgerhaai
Old Mar 06, 2012, 05:19 PM
Joined Sep 2011
3,323 Posts
Now that is a top class recommendation!Thanks Lothar,I may well try the Orion myself.
Regards,Stuart.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined Sep 2011
3,323 Posts
I have decided on,and purchased a kit from Raimund.I've gone for his 1.2m HoVII,for a variety of reasons,not least the price,which includes jigs,canopy and nacelles and instructions.
At this size it should provide me with an"entry level"introduction to building a Horten type wing.I also have a lot of the hardware to hand ie retracts,suitable motors and servos.It will also serve as a future test bed for designing and trial of the multi wheel fixed u/c with clam shell doors of a 4 edf HoXVIII.
I'll start a build thread in a couple of weeks or so,in the meantime any comments or suggestions would be welcome.
Stuart
Last edited by Stupot46; Mar 09, 2012 at 05:42 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 03:55 PM
Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Nettetal
Joined Jun 2003
92 Posts
Hi Stuart,

I started the Hortens with Raimunds Colibri10, quality and flying the Colibri10 was good.

best regards Wolfgang

http://www.rcmovie.de/video/e89288c6...-und-Drittflug
quaxi is offline Find More Posts by quaxi
Last edited by quaxi; Mar 11, 2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 04:47 PM
Joined Sep 2011
3,323 Posts
Thanks Quaxi.Once I get this one built the plan plan is to build a 'true' Horten wing,which one I'm not yet sure.There are some excellent European plans/kits,not to mention the superb design and build work going on here.
Regards,Stuart
Old Mar 11, 2012, 05:14 PM
less is more
United States, CA, Marina
Joined Sep 2006
2,851 Posts
Stuart,

I hope you really take to building and flying a Horten and "leap frog" all of us and build a Horten IV at 1/4 scale next. That's 5m of flying fun.

After a day of aero-towing my modest 2.84 m Horten Xc, I'm here to tell you that that is too small for aero-tow and thermal flying. That plane simply disappeared several times.

Looking forward to your build log.

Kent
Knoll53 is offline Find More Posts by Knoll53
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 12, 2012, 07:41 AM
Joined Sep 2011
3,323 Posts
5m! That sounds scary-the absolute longest structure I can accommodate is 2m! if it's ok I'll leave the big stuff to guys who know what they are doing.
As to disappearing wings it shouldn't be impossible to equip a receiver with a 'return to launch area' mode? You already have gps capability,an autopilot would do the rest.Is that fantasy?
Regards Stuart

Edit-rth systems
Last edited by Stupot46; Mar 13, 2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 09:39 AM
Herk
Virginia USA
Joined Jun 2007
1,647 Posts
I have a friend on the forums who is working with what he calls FPV - first person view - giving the pilot a view from the aircraft. Might be fun to play with.
HerkS is online now Find More Posts by HerkS
Old Mar 17, 2012, 01:09 PM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,781 Posts
The return to home is almost here in plug and play. There is a DIY drone project that is working selling. Six hundred or so. The hardware is in place. It might be a matter of settings or might need the firmware tweaked. Tho I bet some one has done it. What I really want is an auto pilot on the roll and pitch axis so I can land in windy days. Flying is fine it's the return to ground that gets me. I fly two ounce planes. I think I know how to doit but the thirty dollars for the computer chips holds me back cuz then I'd need an SMd oven and for that id need a relay to control the templates on the pos toaster oven I got. But at least I got the thermistors.
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull