Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:08 PM
For us He died, in me He lives
United States, MI, Saint Clair Shores
Joined Dec 2008
5,119 Posts
Help!
Older Futaba heli radio question...need to mix for elevons

Hello folks,
Being unable to spring for the newer 2.4 tech out there atm, I am still using old school 72 mhz gear. The trusty Conquest finally kicked the bucket and now I have a newer, (yet still old) FP-T9VHP, PCM 1024H that a dear fb gave to me.

My question is this, does anyone know how I might mix channels to do elevons?
I downloaded a manual but it ended up being for the PCM-1024A, not the 1024H that I have.
Under edit, according to the manual, I need ot have par set at "wing type" (to pick elevon), not "basic" under "mix-mode"
Mine is either "Heli" or "basic", not "Wing type" or "basic".

I am completely new to pc radio's and don't have a clue how it works and with wife & I working full time and 4 and a 1 yr old and a household to take care of, well, there definately is not any free time right now for R&D with the radio atm.

I am hoping that someone out there know's whether or not channels can be mixed on this heli radio in order to mix aileron (chnl1) and elev (chnl2) to get elevons. And if so, can explain how to do it.

And yes, in the mean time I am saving my pennies to get a 9X if I am ever around during the few minutes or so a month they have a couple in stock.

Any help or advice anyone could give will be greatly appreciated.

Thx a bunch and God Bless!
jimmy
Jimmy JFlyer is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy JFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2012, 07:47 AM
Athens
Joined Aug 2008
98 Posts
I have found this manual http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/9vhp-manual-a.pdf for your transmitter and it seems that there is no "wing type" selection.
However, there are four programmable mixes and you may try a "dirty" trick to get elevons working. Set dual rates D/R for both aileron and elevator to 50%. Then get programmable mixes 1 and 2 ON (they are by default INH). Now set SW "always on" and trm ON for both mixes. Set mas AIL and slv ELV for mix 1. For mix 2 set mas AIL and slv ELV. Setting properly the % of R/U and L/D for both mixes ,you may get aileron and elevator servos working as elevons.
bladeskiller is offline Find More Posts by bladeskiller
Old Mar 06, 2012, 08:11 AM
For us He died, in me He lives
United States, MI, Saint Clair Shores
Joined Dec 2008
5,119 Posts
Wow Bladeskiller. Thx so much for all that help.

As I am totally new to fully programmable tx's, this is a bit daunting for me but I will give it a try. Thx so much for spelling it out for me too. Otherwise, there would be no way.

This really helps.
Thx again!
Jimmy JFlyer is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy JFlyer