HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Roswalt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 09:42 PM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Trader Rating: 93
Sold
TX LPU: Builder's Special - Custom F-22 Raptor Airframe w/extras

This is a little bit of a unique offering - I began working on this several months ago... I intended it to be my final F-22 Raptor build, and set out to make it as awesome as possible. I hit one too many roadblocks and my time is being taken up by real world operations and I just can't have this project lying around on the floor if I end up having to leave earlier than I expect to. I'm selling this as an incomplete project with a lot of potential at a low price for a local buyer.

I had a rocketship power system selected (Lander 68mm Alloy 1000 watt) and was configuring the jet for 4S 3000mah packs. I removed the partition between the RX bay and the battery bay (A common mod to fit larger packs) There is no power unit in place currently, but modifications were made to allow for a larger ESC (Dremel work on the fan access area for the wires, mostly)

There are a new set of electric servoless retracts, DSR-C's included. The mains are mounted already and nearly complete, however one side is not responding. It's been cycled only a few times for testing, so I can't say what's wrong with it, but the other two are in perfect shape. Take note that the mains are glued in without mounts, so replacement won't be easy, but they had to be done that way in order to get the right wide stance for ground handling. Might be great for fixed gear or removed for hand launching if you don't feel like fiddling with it. I also painted the struts white to match the real thing. Extra gear parts are included, which include mounts, 3-way y-cable, steering linkages for the nose gear, etc. Also, the entire stock landing gear set is included.

Another item included here is a very scale custom cockpit set. I dremeled it down to size and it looks very cool in my test fit, pictured below (Don't worry nothing is glued down, it is just a test fit)- Just about ready to be glued into place. This is the coolest cockpit set I've ever seen! It is modeled after the real raptor and even the gauges are in the right places. HUD is integrated too, how cool is that?!

Past those items, this is a stock LX Single 70mm F-22 airframe. I never made it past working on the fuselage, and like I said - Too many things going on in the world right now to finish this one. Additional parts for completion (servos, fans, motors, pilot, ESC, etc) are available for purchase too if you need anything. Required to complete is a 70mm EDF, 2 or 3 servos, ESC and battery.

Asking $100 OBO, for local pickup in Northeast San Antonio. Thanks for looking and please feel free to ask any questions you'd like, except the shipping question - My answer is no as always - Sorry!
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt
Last edited by Roswalt; Mar 06, 2012 at 06:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:19 AM
Joined Dec 2011
85 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
PM Sent good sir.
tnt1106 is offline Find More Posts by tnt1106
Old Mar 06, 2012, 01:01 PM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Trader Rating: 93
PM replied - This is sold. Thanks!
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt
Last edited by Roswalt; Mar 06, 2012 at 06:23 PM.
Closed Thread