SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:39 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Discussion
Calling All Devo 6, 6s, 8, and 8s Owners! [Feature Request] Timer Mapped to Throttle

I have a Devo 6 and the one feature I would really like to have implemented is a timer mapped to throttle input. E.g. the timer will start when throttle input is received and stop when no thottle input is received.

I emailed this request to Walkera, but at this point I believe I am on their official "ignore" list. I would like to ask that others who'd like this feature added please email Walkera.

heli@walkera.com
info@walkera.com

Please post any replies you receive.

Here is the email I sent. Feel free to modify, copy/paste, etc.

------------From bytemuncher to Walkera--------------

Dear All,

Many of us Devo owners (Devo 6, 8, 8s) are surprised the timer cannot be started and stopped according to throttle input. This is a very basic feature and one that we would expect to find on such advanced transmitters, especially in this price range.

Could the Walkera development team please update the Devo software to enable the timer to be started and stopped according to throttle input?

This means the timer will start when there is throttle input, and it will stop when there is no throttle input.

Thank you,
xxxxx
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2012, 11:16 PM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Sucks we dont have any devs on here. If we had any of the android rom devs flying these things wed have custom roms for the Devo that would do anything we want =(
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Old Mar 05, 2012, 11:24 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
I have a Devo 6 and the one feature I would really like to have implemented is a timer mapped to throttle input. E.g. the timer will start when throttle input is received and stop when no thottle input is received.

I emailed this request to Walkera, but at this point I believe I am on their official "ignore" list. I would like to ask that others who'd like this feature added please email Walkera.

heli@walkera.com
info@walkera.com

Please post any replies you receive.

Here is the email I sent. Feel free to modify, copy/paste, etc.

------------From bytemuncher to Walkera--------------

Dear All,

Many of us Devo owners (Devo 6, 8, 8s) are surprised the timer cannot be started and stopped according to throttle input. This is a very basic feature and one that we would expect to find on such advanced transmitters, especially in this price range.

Could the Walkera development team please update the Devo software to enable the timer to be started and stopped according to throttle input?

This means the timer will start when there is throttle input, and it will stop when there is no throttle input.

Thank you,
xxxxx
I think you took the wrong tack telling walkera what you would like - its not likely to work - now if you had of said other manufacturers were using that feature and they were likely to loose out to the competition then they may take notice

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Mar 06, 2012, 12:00 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawmadeCF View Post
Sucks we dont have any devs on here. If we had any of the android rom devs flying these things wed have custom roms for the Devo that would do anything we want =(
That would be really cool, root our devos and install custom roms.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 12:01 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
I think you took the wrong tack telling walkera what you would like - its not likely to work - now if you had of said other manufacturers were using that feature and they were likely to loose out to the competition then they may take notice

Regards David
I agree, great suggestion. Future emailers take note!
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined May 2011
657 Posts
If somebody is interested in a hacked DEVO 8 library with increased visibility of values:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=26
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:17 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
I'm offering a bounty of 30 USD to anyone who can get this feature implemented in the 10mw and 100mw firmwares for the 6s and 8s. Hopefully others will contribute as well.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined May 2011
657 Posts
Quote:
I'm offering a bounty of 30 USD to anyone who can get this feature implemented in the 10mw and 100mw firmwares for the 6s and 8s. Hopefully others will contribute as well.
Your $30 goes to Walkera since they implemented this feature in fw v0.7!
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Mar 12, 2012, 01:59 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawmadeCF View Post
Android rom dev's would have a leg up on it but it's not the same, android runs on Linux and uses Java, this is just a basic ARM chip without any of the advanced libraries android uses, I don't even know what the OS is based on with these firmwares. But I do know there is no protection built in, so it's only a matter of reverse engineering the current firmwares to figure it out, but I am not a hardware programmer, once someone can come up with how to interact with all the hardware I would be more then happy to help code parts a custom firmware .
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old Mar 12, 2012, 07:53 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
W-w-whaaat?! No way. If true, need to see it to believe it, then that's awesome. Oh, yeah, Walkera will get my $30, just a question of how. Let's see, qr ladybird, devo 10, next micro cp, hmm...
Old Mar 12, 2012, 07:55 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
...so it's only a matter of reverse engineering the current firmwares to figure it out
sounds easier said than done. Hope I'm wrong though, could mean cool stuff in store for the devo's.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 07:58 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
hmm, sounds easier said than done. Hope I'm wrong though, could mean cool stuff in store for the devo's.
IT's quite able to be done, it's just a matter of getting together all the people with the right skills, in the long run it could make the Devo one of the BEST 2.4Ghz radios out there, imagine if the Turnigy 9X had color touch screen what all would be going on with that firmware
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:38 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
IT's quite able to be done, it's just a matter of getting together all the people with the right skills, in the long run it could make the Devo one of the BEST 2.4Ghz radios out there, imagine if the Turnigy 9X had color touch screen what all would be going on with that firmware
I am sure it can be done - the feature is there on the 12 - probably the only reason its not on the 8 and 6 is because walkera decided just to implement the feature on the high end radio

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:34 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
Well, I confirmed the timer can now be mapped to throttle on my devo 6 (w/ 6s firmware).

However, now the fixed ID menu is gone???

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2278

New bounty, 30 USD to get my fixed ID menu back (okay, that one is a joke)
Old Mar 13, 2012, 02:38 PM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
so walkera released a windows 7 update tool (1.41) but it does it work with 64bit? i get an error when i launch the app.
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub