HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by wamsy55, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:37 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
My pleasure also you must try the Prometheus is one of the best 3D Planes on RF you will be stoked !

Prometheus_EA

Prometheus Smokie 3D_AV
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:07 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,119 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger on RF 6 (mucked around with other sims for ages) - can anyone recommend some good 3d models for this (3dhs, etc etc)? Would much appreciate it. Yes, I'll download those above (and have the crack yak models)
Rick
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:50 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick662u View Post
Finally pulled the trigger on RF 6 (mucked around with other sims for ages) - can anyone recommend some good 3d models for this (3dhs, etc etc)? Would much appreciate it. Yes, I'll download those above (and have the crack yak models)
Rick
Tominator Has posted some good models. I use the Yak and Sbach as far as the stock airplanes go.
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:12 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,119 Posts
Thanks Wamsy. Really looking forward to getting into RF. The demo, although tamed down rates etc, is pretty decent already. The visuals are certainly up there. Plus I can fly quite a lot of the Twisted Hobbies planes, so I know I'll be at home right away!
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:15 PM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick662u View Post
Thanks Wamsy. Really looking forward to getting into RF. The demo, although tamed down rates etc, is pretty decent already. The visuals are certainly up there. Plus I can fly quite a lot of the Twisted Hobbies planes, so I know I'll be at home right away!
Which ones i have only seen the Crack Yak ?
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:28 AM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,119 Posts
I thought there were others? Perhaps I'm mistaken? I thought there were more... I've only recently looked at the KE swap pages... probably jumped the gun then if you don't have any. Shame, but I know there are 3dhs and some foamies... I was actually hoping for a Telink or two, but perhaps wishful thinking just yet. Still, I was watching some YT vids of radiocontrolledaviation flying a few sweetly tuned models.... trying to track those down... Rick
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:41 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Its Slick in his vids the good news is he shared his variant with me and i was blown away i told him to put it on the swaps its that good !
The bad news is you need to buy this http://www.realflight.com/exppack7.html

Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:47 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,119 Posts
Thanks for that info. Yes, I"ve PMd him on YT. Does he allow third party sharing? IE: can I get that model from you? It certainly looks excellent.I'm hoping to hear back from him. I'll see if I can find that expansion pack.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:32 PM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Its not possibly to upload and share expansion pack models but i can point you in the right direction for his variants for the Yak and Slick.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:19 AM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,119 Posts
OK, RF6.5 going great. Enjoying it.
Question for you who enjoy rolling circles etc, what is the consensus on left v right rollers? I'm a lefty, but I have noticed a slight preference for right rolling in RF. To me, left rollers seem to kick out the tail... may just be me getting used to the new controller, etc, but perhaps touque effects? I do not notice any problem in real life on my Telinks etc.

Some guy designed this dreamland landscape.. mighty impressive.

Rick
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:30 AM
YellowJacketsRC
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Flatulence). It is temporarily hidden while YellowJacketsRC edits it.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:27 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,119 Posts
Sounds pretty horrid Dead. Are you saying flight sims might lead to children being abandoned? Haha- probably true... is this an Austrialian or NZ story perhaps?

Anyway, I was really asking if it's best to learn rollers to the left or right. I notice a lot of guys flying right rollers,.... wondered if they were onto something when they started learning. It's hard to change now. Althugh I am practising righties also.

I think I'll skip swimming in the sea this summer, especially with my children :-)
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:46 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
7,081 Posts
It is a NZ story I heard on NPR the other day. Really amazing story. Funny in a kind of horrific sort of way. It is purported to be a well known story where she is from....

As far as rollers, I don't really know the answer to your question. I find it easier to do rolling circles using left aileron and going clockwise. But I can do the using right aileron and going counter clockwise as well. I can also do them rolling left and going in counter clockwise direction and vise versa but that is a lot more difficult. Not sure why it is easier to roll left and turn right for me.....
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:56 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,482 Posts
Learn rollers to whichever direction you please. What ever is most comfortable to you is the best. Right has always been the direction I prefer.
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:57 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,425 Posts
Same here. Roll left and turn right is working really well for me. I can go the other way but it's not as smooth and I dumb thumb it more. Me and Wamsy talked about this once. I think he learned his the opposite way.

Edit: See? Now he chimes in...
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.