SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by wamsy55, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 03:41 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
you'll have no idea what orientation the plane will end up.
Been there
3Dplank is online now Find More Posts by 3Dplank
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2012, 05:24 PM
Goggle Jockey
United States, SC, Spartanburg
Joined Mar 2004
142 Posts
Quote:
the "one trick" at nall was meant to be a horizontal blender into a hover... but, situation had it that I screwed it up, plane rotated on the KE axis which wasn't planned and it turned into something else. Josh Price and others were saying that what it ended up is called the crankshaft, so who am I to change this... so that's the name given to doing it on the KE axis, and was what BoneDoc called it in the video. BoneDoc's video goes over the "mistake" that I flew pretty well I think, shows getting the plane into the KE spin axis...

...start them high, the problem with the maneuver is that until you really get to know your plane and the input into this maneuver specifically in a very repeatable fashion, you'll have no idea what orientation the plane will end up.
Sitting there watching it, had it not hit the ground, no one would have ever known you screwed up. It was awesome to watch and I'm glad you won. BUT, knowing your intentions, it would have been spectacular to see it end with a hover.
SouthernFPV is offline Find More Posts by SouthernFPV
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:15 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,287 Posts
Quote:
the "one trick" at nall was meant to be a horizontal blender into a hover... but, situation had it that I screwed it up, plane rotated on the KE axis which wasn't planned and it turned into something else. Josh Price and others were saying that what it ended up is called the crankshaft, so who am I to change this... so that's the name given to doing it on the KE axis, and was what BoneDoc called it in the video. BoneDoc's video goes over the "mistake" that I flew pretty well I think, shows getting the plane into the KE spin axis...

...start them high, the problem with the maneuver is that until you really get to know your plane and the input into this maneuver specifically in a very repeatable fashion, you'll have no idea what orientation the plane will end up.
Nice to see you back on posting after the holiday break Arron.
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:34 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,665 Posts
How do you do horizontal KE spins?
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:41 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
Nice to see you back on posting after the holiday break Arron.
holiday break?... the holiday break was for the dudes at the warehouse, which isn't this peanut
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:41 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
check out the last video by bonedoc
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:48 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,665 Posts
Which ones that?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:07 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,287 Posts
Quote:
Which ones that?
This one
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:10 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,665 Posts
Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:10 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Climb get altitude,kick rudder....kick ailerons for the spin,apply full down elevator and compensate aileron accordingly......and bam......the beloved KE spins is there making that sound that only a KE spin can
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:17 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:

Thanx Arron.So let me get this right.the stick movements are the same as doing a normal blender?except your obviously flying in a horizontal line.
will have to give it a go on the sim then one of my foamies,cus I'm sure to mess it up a few times before I'll try it on my balsa planes.
Just a q,does one need a more "heavy" plane to get the momentum going?in other words something like an EF MXS ect,or will the lighter 3d planes do it aswell?like an Addy?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:30 AM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,477 Posts
More momentum will definitely make it more violent. Small foam airplanes may have some trouble, as they do not have the mass to do it.
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:44 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Thanx Wamsy.guess it will have to be some sim time and get used to the different directions it will end up before getting the balls to try it on my balsa's
Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:57 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,912 Posts
Never flown an Addy but I doubt it would be able to do it. Any of the EF EXP series will do it VERY well. The MXS will be INSANE!
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:05 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
Never flown an Addy but I doubt it would be able to do it. Any of the EF EXP series will do it VERY well. The MXS will be INSANE!
The addy will most probably be too light.but will give it a go with various planes on the sim and see