SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by wamsy55, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 12:46 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
The smooth Flying video was great! I really like the "aggressive while passive" comment.

Could you do a video on the maneuver you do when you say "I'm going to do a turn around right here, but don't do that". I would love to learn that turn around...
that was a poptop that didn't have a lot of energy....
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2012, 01:59 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
my guess is aileron input.. Edge's can wind up a KE spin with no aileron input, where as many planes depending on how you enter the KE spin will need ailerons to help them stay in... try adding some (1/3rd to a 1/2) aileron input the same direction as your rudder (left aileron, left rudder)... will prolly find it will stay in a little longer, from there you can adjust to see what your airframe and method of entry is looking for.

(I say the method of entry, as if I enter from my snap entries I'll need more aileron then if I wound up the roll in a nose down line before entring the KE spin)
I was having a lot of troubles with my KE spins not long ago and found that Ailerons were the biggest thing keeping me from entering them. I kept playing with Aileron input until i found each planes sweet spot. weird thing is that almost all my planes required opposite aileron than the rudder i was using. Left rudder, full down elevator, and 1/4 to 1/3 right aileron. this held true for the 48, 58, and 71. the 74 needs almost no aileron.
lammbn is online now Find More Posts by lammbn
Old Mar 06, 2012, 02:03 PM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
I second the knife edge spin request...
DaaBears is online now Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Mar 06, 2012, 02:50 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
7,056 Posts
Wow...is being very helpful. Thanks!
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Mar 06, 2012, 02:55 PM
Almost got it.......
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Apr 2011
27 Posts
Just found this thread. Awesome! Well presented and produced, particularly the "smooth flying" segment. Reminds me of how excited I was when I first viewed the Bonedoc videos, which I still go to on a regular basis. Need all the help I can get!

Keep it up Wamsey
neil53 is offline Find More Posts by neil53
Old Mar 06, 2012, 03:09 PM
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2009
289 Posts
Great job! BoneDoc's vids are invaluable, but I think the more tutorials, with different people explaining different things in different ways is always a great thing. So in that regards, its great to see some more tutorials coming.
blueapplepaste is offline Find More Posts by blueapplepaste
Old Mar 06, 2012, 03:44 PM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
I enter a KE spin either from a vertical clime and then nose over and then down ele - add full rudder without power and a little aileron until I get the shape of the KE spin then add thrust.....However I have learned how to enter this from a KE loop which is something I have been working on

However having an EF 48 edge I guess is cheating as this thing is sublime at KE spins
Space Bat is offline Find More Posts by Space Bat
Old Mar 06, 2012, 05:08 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,480 Posts
Quote:
The smooth Flying video was great! I really like the "aggressive while passive" comment.

Could you do a video on the maneuver you do when you say "I'm going to do a turn around right here, but don't do that". I would love to learn that turn around...
Its exactly as theKM said, its just a low energy poptop.

Quote:
On the Weeble Wobble maneuver it looks like you are doing a rolling harrier on a down line with a S pattern thrown in.

I have seen something called a Weeble Wobble that is more of a straight down line with somewhat more violent rolling harrier. Are these both versions of the same thing? If so can you do a vid showing the other style?
KM answered that perfect, they are very close. Its just how you want to present it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
Wamsy - can you post a KE spin? I can get one model to do it easily (EF 48 Edge EXP), but other models seem to have a harder time.
My only major gripe about the Sim I am using the the physics during a Tumble. This means that the planes do not like to KE spin, and you have to set them up to do so. But when you set them up to do a KE spin it really makes other areas suffer. I can and will try though.

All airplanes are different. Some take a lot of rudder input and some almost do KE spins without it. Not to mention the aileron inputs are always different. I fly mostly 3DHS Slicks, and they tend to need less rudder than most airplanes. So play around with it and you should find the sweet spot. Technically the KE spin inputs can look very different depending on airplane.

Also the way I enter KE Spins are normally through a hammerhead, some guys start the airplane in a tumble first. The more practice the easier it will be to get the instant KE spin, and less tumbling before the spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach3 View Post
Subscribed, awesome video Wamsy
Just curious what if you have tried RF6, as want I currently have ? But After seeing your vids in Phoenix it makes me want it too.
What plane are you flying in your vids & does it come stock with Phoenix 3 ?

Keep it up
IMO:

I have very little time on RF6, from that time though I can say its a very good sim. Now to compare both sims I would say this.

RF6 has very good 3D airplane physics, I find the smaller 3D stuff to fly poorly though. For Helis it is ok. You have a much bigger selection in airplanes also.

Phoenix also has good 3d airplane physics, but I find the smaller stuff to fly to be better. It dominates when it comes to helis.

If you have RF6 and are really only interested in 3D then there is no reason to get Phoenix.

My airplane I use in my videos is on Phoenix, and I have made a variant of it thats downloadable so others can use it. I think it flies pretty darn good.

-------------------

Glad to see people are enjoying this thread.
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Mar 06, 2012, 05:57 PM
United States, OH, Jefferson
Joined Jul 2010
84 Posts
Finally!!! I'm getting the weeble wobble! THANKS Wamsy!!!
booboo71 is offline Find More Posts by booboo71
Old Mar 06, 2012, 06:19 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,334 Posts
Nice work Wamsy! Great resource for the community!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:11 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
Nice work Wamsy! Great resource for the community!
Thanks!

__________________________________________________ _________________

Also if anyone has any ideas for videos like the one I did about smoothing out your flying let me know. I have a couple ideas, but I am always open for new ones.
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:13 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
Thanks!

Also if anyone has any ideas for videos like the one I did about smoothing out your flying let me know. I have a couple ideas, but I am always open for new ones.
Still waiting for the plank420
3Dplank is offline Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:11 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
Thanks!

great work, wamsy.

I'd love to see one on snaps .
Irg is online now Find More Posts by Irg
Old Mar 07, 2012, 07:53 AM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Can you develop a reccomended order in which you learn maneuvers? I know everybody takes their own route, but it would be helpful to list what comes first in your opinion.
DaaBears is online now Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Mar 07, 2012, 07:57 AM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,341 Posts
Outstanding Wamsy a great benefit for the 3D community.
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR