HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by wamsy55, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 23, 2012, 03:46 PM
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
Thanks for the vids and tips Wamsy. How bout some more discussion on radio setups (expo, switches, etc) .
airtimeallen is offline Find More Posts by airtimeallen
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2012, 02:05 AM
Thumbflyer
Manning, AB, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,271 Posts
Here are some of my poor attempts at power on tail slides or descending torque rolls, not sure what one would call them with the Extra 260 in FSOneV2. Sorry if Fraps made it a bit choppy and better quality by adjusting player settings.

FSOneV2 (3 min 33 sec)
IEATSRT is online now Find More Posts by IEATSRT
Last edited by IEATSRT; May 24, 2012 at 02:10 AM.
Old May 24, 2012, 02:59 PM
Thumbflyer
Manning, AB, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,271 Posts
Wamsy,
On the weeble wobble do you run your ailerons on low rates a bit? There coming along pretty good for me now but with your variant it is tough to keep up with ailerons on high rates. 85% and I have it working pretty good.
IEATSRT is online now Find More Posts by IEATSRT
Old May 24, 2012, 03:01 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATSRT View Post
Wamsy,
On the weeble wobble do you run your ailerons on low rates a bit? There coming along pretty good for me now but with your variant it is tough to keep up with ailerons on high rates. 85% and I have it working pretty good.
I normally fly in high rates all the time. Thats just what I am used to. If your having trouble dial the throw a touch and you should be good.
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old May 24, 2012, 03:07 PM
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
I normally fly in high rates all the time. Thats just what I am used to. If your having trouble dial the throw a touch and you should be good.
What throw and expo are you using?
Thanks,
Greg
airtimeallen is offline Find More Posts by airtimeallen
Old May 25, 2012, 01:35 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATSRT View Post
Wamsy,
I do weeble wobbles in high rates also but when i was first learning the manoeuvre i started with lower rates helped me a lot to understand the timing of the inputs once your confident on lower rates bump the rates back up!
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old May 25, 2012, 02:36 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,392 Posts
All good tips on the weeble wobble, it's the one move I can't even get close to achieving!
Mr Kamikaze is online now Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old May 25, 2012, 06:18 AM
It's just a plane.
USA, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Aug 2010
2,104 Posts
You guys have any tips, other that lots and lots of sim time for, remembering how the control surfaces work when flying in different attitudes. For example in knife edge flight with the plane moving from the pilot's right to the left if you can see the canopy then you need to use right rudder. If you can see the wheels then you need left rudder. I remember this by saying "wheels left, rudder left" meaning if I can see the wheels and they are moving to my left then I need to use left rudder. Anyone have any other tips?
ZackJones is offline Find More Posts by ZackJones
Old May 25, 2012, 07:30 AM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,252 Posts
I imagine pushing to either the nose or tail.

Canopy facing you, push rudder stick to the tail.

LG facing you, push rudder stick to the nose.

however, this doesn't work when the plane is coming toawrds you or moving away.

Same thing while inverted harriering...for the rudder, I tell myself that I need to push the tail of my plane with the left stick....unfortunately, this doesn't work well when the plane is coming at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackJones View Post
You guys have any tips, other that lots and lots of sim time for, remembering how the control surfaces work when flying in different attitudes. For example in knife edge flight with the plane moving from the pilot's right to the left if you can see the canopy then you need to use right rudder. If you can see the wheels then you need left rudder. I remember this by saying "wheels left, rudder left" meaning if I can see the wheels and they are moving to my left then I need to use left rudder. Anyone have any other tips?
djmoose is online now Find More Posts by djmoose
Old May 25, 2012, 08:36 AM
OSMBuddha
KC Mo
Joined Mar 2007
784 Posts
Imo, practice is the only way to help with orientation and stick inputs. If you have to actually think about it when you're dod, then bad things are gonna happen. That's why when I first try/learn a move with a real plane, I do it atleast 1-2 mistakes high......
nagayama13 is offline Find More Posts by nagayama13
Old May 25, 2012, 08:39 AM
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Jan 2011
666 Posts
Quote:
Trying to remember all that takes the instinct and reflexes out of it for me. I fly as if im in the cockpit and orientation doesnt seem to be a problem. thinking too much leads to lack of focus which is never good....try to put yourself in the plane and things will get more natural...doesnt come instantly tho, but its pretty fast
GetSome! is offline Find More Posts by GetSome!
Old May 25, 2012, 12:26 PM
United States, MD, Lexington Park
Joined Jun 2002
438 Posts
Ok so how would one go about doing the "Round About"?

Joe Nall 2012 - One Trick Contest Winner Arron Bates.avi (2 min 28 sec)
Reaper802 is offline Find More Posts by Reaper802
Old May 25, 2012, 12:53 PM
3D Wanna Be
Oahu, Hawaii
Joined Jul 2009
3,296 Posts
I believe it's a horizontal blender with a big nut sack
sk8rob is online now Find More Posts by sk8rob
Old May 25, 2012, 01:19 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,504 Posts
Quote:
I learned it as - Roll right, rudder left. Roll left, rudder right. (assuming the roll is only 90deg), but that doesnt help when you do multiple rolls and end up 270deg from your original orientation.
Hornetnz is offline Find More Posts by Hornetnz
Old May 25, 2012, 01:27 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rob View Post
I believe it's a horizontal blender with a big nut sack
djmoose is online now Find More Posts by djmoose