HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:59 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,582 Posts
I just got mine through SoaringUSA, took me about 3 months from I contacted them to it showed up at my door step.

Brian, an EAJ
bhchan is offline Find More Posts by bhchan
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:38 AM
I don't like your altitude
Joined Sep 2011
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercarter View Post
I emailed LET twice last June for availability of this bird; no reply.

I found a retail outlet here in Oz that handles LET models; emailed asking availability 6 weeks ago; last communication said they were looking into it a month ago.

Stone the crows! How come all the designs that catch my eye are either from a bygone era, long out of production, or otherwise virtually unobtanium. Curse of an island economy and the tyranny of distance. I blame the Radian fliers for lowering the bar . . . the carbon-composite junkies for raising it too high . . . the government . . . the Collingwood football club . . . and the drongo that backed into my ute last Friday night. And another thing . . .
Nice one-have a tinny and throw another prawn on..........
Stuart
Ps is that TT?
Stupot46 is offline Find More Posts by Stupot46
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:34 AM
Lapsus calami
Joined Aug 2009
81 Posts
Sir Percy Ware-Armitage at your service. But don't worry about your wheel nuts old boy, I had my man Courtney inspect them as a precaution.
Undercarter is offline Find More Posts by Undercarter
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:18 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2012
17 Posts
subscribed...
sloper10 is offline Find More Posts by sloper10
Old Sep 27, 2013, 10:59 PM
United States, FL, Lehigh Acres
Joined Aug 2011
847 Posts
I know this is a very old thread but I will be getting with soaring usa monday and talking price and time to receive one of these beauties. Im going for the electric and will be using a neu motor and gearbox, not shure which one I need to see how much space there is.
xrx1113 is offline Find More Posts by xrx1113
Old Sep 28, 2013, 01:25 AM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,582 Posts
I got one from Bob a while back. Still have not find the right numbers for the correct motor. Probably 3S.

Brian, an EAJ
Old Sep 29, 2013, 10:59 AM
A witty saying proves nothing.
Joined Jan 2007
3,569 Posts
I have a MVVS 5.6/960 in mine if that helps:

http://www.espritmodel.com/mvvs-46-5...ess-motor.aspx

The access isn't great but there is a reasonable amount of space. I also have been using 5000mAh 3S Nanotech batteries, because I had them, and the airplane balances without additional weight - other than the heavy motor and battery.

I finally came up with a decent way to keep the wings attached. I use two 10" to 12" long strips of 1" wide fibreglass strapping tape ahead of and behind the hatch across both wings and the fuse, and 1" clear hockey stick tape tape along the wing/fuselage joint. I put heavy packing tape on the wing in the areas the tape goes, to stop the covering from being pulled up when I remove the other tape. So far that seems to keep the wings on quite well.

Kevin
kcaldwel is offline Find More Posts by kcaldwel
Old Sep 30, 2013, 12:54 AM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,582 Posts
I am not sure if this is always the same for the firewall. The only I have has a 3-bolts(120°) mounting pattern on the built-in fire wall. So unless you can find a 3-bolts motor or gearbox, it is pretty much useless. I made an adaptive plate to go from a 4 bolt to a 3 bolts mounting holes. I have a NEU motor but the the thick firewall and the plate, only about 3/8" of the shaft came through.

Brian, an EAJ