HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 05, 2012, 05:19 PM
Joined Jun 2011
153 Posts
Discussion
Losi Micro Brushless SCT

So i picked this guy up earlier today, saw that the lipo looks very similar to what eflite is using on their UMX line of planes. I have tons of those batteries and a charger. My question is, is there any reason that taking a connector from Rc-connectors.com for the beast and soldering it on to sct? that way i could use the 2s batteries i have im not very keen on electrical stuff, so i dont know what kind of problems could happen here.
apothecarion is offline Find More Posts by apothecarion
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2012, 05:41 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,783 Posts
Are the beast packs big enough with high enough C rating for this? I wouldn't go smaller than 200mah and 30c to be safe if you can.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Mar 05, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined Jun 2011
153 Posts
the one losi sells as the upgrade battery is crap, 180 mah 10c

the packs I have are 180 mah+ and have 20-25c
apothecarion is offline Find More Posts by apothecarion
Old Mar 06, 2012, 01:05 PM
Joined May 2011
88 Posts
I did that with my micro desert truck, and it works wonderfully. The only real issue is that the body wants to sit kinda sideways. That said, it was doing that with the other battery, and the micro dt is smaller(more cramped) than the micro sct.

You shouldn't have any problems as long as you keep the wires going to the correct connections, and that's color coded for you.
Aerosheik is offline Find More Posts by Aerosheik
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:39 AM
Where rubber meets the ROCK
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
ive got a 500 mah 2s eflite lipo shoved under my DT along with a traxxas 2.4ghz reciever and the speedcontrol. had to convert it to JST with solder but it works great
sixshooterstang is offline Find More Posts by sixshooterstang
Old Apr 07, 2012, 08:14 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,212 Posts
I picked mine up today, I bought a hyperion 2 cell 240mah. I am making an adaptor from a hyperion connector to micro losi connector, this way I don't have to cut the wires. My son will be using the stock battery until he learns how to control it lol!
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly