HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 05, 2012, 02:39 PM
Cant fly enough
USA, CA, Berkeley
Joined Dec 2003
1,812 Posts
Help!
Electric Spoilers from Espritmodel

I recently started to install some electric spoilers (http://www.espritmodel.com/airplanes...-spoilers.aspx) I purchased from Espritmodel in my 2.75M Topmodel Fox.

A little of my double sided tape holding the spoiler cover overlapped on one spoiler and it fried as soon as I tried to cycle it. Clearly there is no overload protection like on the E-Flite RC retracts.

I got the other spoiler properly installed but after a few cycles it would not fully close. I could not see any way to adjust them mechanically and you cannot center them with the radio. I sent an e-mail to Espritmodel asking for help. They responded “Unfortunately we use only mechanical spoilers, but it’s simple device should be easy to fix.” They also warned me it was delicate. Dah! So much for the “Outstanding Service Support” which they offer.

So does anyone have experience in how to adjust these?
Greg Beshouri is offline Find More Posts by Greg Beshouri
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2012, 01:04 AM
Melbourne,Victoria,Australia
Joined Apr 2010
1,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Beshouri View Post
I recently started to install some electric spoilers (http://www.espritmodel.com/airplanes...-spoilers.aspx) I purchased from Espritmodel in my 2.75M Topmodel Fox.

A little of my double sided tape holding the spoiler cover overlapped on one spoiler and it fried as soon as I tried to cycle it. Clearly there is no overload protection like on the E-Flite RC retracts.

I got the other spoiler properly installed but after a few cycles it would not fully close. I could not see any way to adjust them mechanically and you cannot center them with the radio. I sent an e-mail to Espritmodel asking for help. They responded “Unfortunately we use only mechanical spoilers, but it’s simple device should be easy to fix.” They also warned me it was delicate. Dah! So much for the “Outstanding Service Support” which they offer.

So does anyone have experience in how to adjust these?
These electric spoilers can only be adjusted by using end point adjustment (EPA) or subtrim.It sounds like you have received a defective pair,l would contact the supplier again,and ask for a refund or exchange for a new pair.
Damian Couzoff is offline Find More Posts by Damian Couzoff
RCG Plus Member