379 Posts
Discussion
Mixing

Radio
Futaba 8FGA Super

4 servo's in the wing
2 outer for the aileron
2 inner for the flaps...

lead me to right direction on mixing these. i want more the just standard flaps an ailerons. like to have the flaps work with the ailerons, or the ailerons work with the flaps

Thx Jo
schusterjo is offline Find More Posts by schusterjo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2012, 09:50 PM
Keller, TX
Joined Aug 2005
299 Posts
Having flaps work with ailerons can be useful, having ailerons work with flaps is not a good idea.
RCFVR is offline Find More Posts by RCFVR
Old Mar 06, 2012, 06:56 AM
United States, IN, Lebanon
Joined Oct 2011
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFVR View Post
Having flaps work with ailerons can be useful, having ailerons work with flaps is not a good idea.
Ya, am aware that it can create a full wing stall... if i was to use it i would just to slow plane down....

Need some help here
Old Mar 08, 2012, 11:59 AM View Post
SenakeRow
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. Show it to me anyway.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:22 AM
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Jun 2002
2,966 Posts
having flaps work as ailerons (full strip ailerons) is not normally needed. half span flaps only contribute about 30% more roll rate. inboard just doesn't matter as much as outboard. you can make that up elsewhere.

just make sure if/when you use crow (airbrakes) that the outboard ailerons always deploy UPWARDS. this creates washout which will keep you from tip stalling.
if you deploy them inverted, or reverse the mix (either way makes the outboard ailerons deploy DOWNARDS) then you'll be a flying tipstall waiting to happen.
Toysrme is offline Find More Posts by Toysrme
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:36 AM
United States, IN, Lebanon
Joined Oct 2011
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme View Post
having flaps work as ailerons (full strip ailerons) is not normally needed. half span flaps only contribute about 30% more roll rate. inboard just doesn't matter as much as outboard. you can make that up elsewhere.

just make sure if/when you use crow (airbrakes) that the outboard ailerons always deploy UPWARDS. this creates washout which will keep you from tip stalling.
if you deploy them inverted, or reverse the mix (either way makes the outboard ailerons deploy DOWNARDS) then you'll be a flying tipstall waiting to happen.
good information... thanks