HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: With the impending release of the Tempest, what Dynam Warbird would you like next?
Bristol Beaufighter 50 15.87%
Bf 110 49 15.56%
Curtiss P-40 39 12.38%
P-38 Lightning 46 14.60%
Mitsubishi Zero 37 11.75%
de Havilland Mosquito 43 13.65%
Grumman F7F Tigercat 51 16.19%
Voters: 315. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:35 PM
United States, CT, Brooklyn
Joined Oct 2009
270 Posts
Who is "they" that have Dynam Prop adapters???
Aeroplanecolt is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplanecolt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2012, 09:37 AM
Just throw it up!
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2011
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplanecolt View Post
Who is "they" that have Dynam Prop adapters???
www.hobbyzone.com.au.

It does not show up on their website. You will have to call them to double check they are in stock.
Merlin Power is offline Find More Posts by Merlin Power
Old Jul 01, 2012, 09:45 AM
Just throw it up!
Joined Jul 2011
1,396 Posts
Ok we all know that Dynam is releasing/has recently released a Bf109, FW190, Corsair and Me262, which is very exciting and a credit to Dynam who is listening to what us customers are saying.

My question is what planes do you want Dynam to realease next?

I personally would love to see a Hawker Typhoon/Tempest and a P38 (in 1200mm size so it still fits in the car).
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:01 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,552 Posts
A P-38 would be nice especially since Dynam has quite a history making twin engine models. But, I think they need to make a Zero next

Kman
kman24 is offline Find More Posts by kman24
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:16 AM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,518 Posts
I like P-38's but IMO they are not the most fun planes to fly and by looking at the the FMS threads and JPower threads the interest in P-38's is miniscule compared to other fighters. I have the Jpower BTW and it is a great flyer almost trainer like. Good for lazy patterns IMO.

I think Dynam would be smart to produce something less represented like the a Typhoon or even a Zero like Kman said. For me personally, the thing that would make my broke butt hit the "buy now" tab immediately would be a Ki-61 Hien. Beautiful lines, great color schemes and good flying airframes that are not offered anywhere in foam. Another group that would have me salivating would be a JU-88, Heinkel 111, Do-17 or a Bf-110 for twins but these may not sell as well to everyone else. I just like the German WWII warbirds.

Alan
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Jul 01, 2012, 12:10 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2012
562 Posts
I would like to see them stock parts for the planes they have out now 1st....

As far as new planes I would love to see a Mosquito in the 1200-1400mm range and a Hawker Tempest/Typhoon or a SeaFury.
Scamp73 is offline Find More Posts by Scamp73
Last edited by Scamp73; Jul 01, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 04:58 AM
Just throw it up!
Joined Jul 2011
1,396 Posts
A Zero would be a cool addition to the hanger too. I like that idea. The more I think about it, the more I think that a Typhoon/Tempest would be something a bit less common in the 1200mm size with retracts. That would be awesome. They were such mean looking planes.

I also like the idea of a BF110 that also would be quite unique.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:16 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Feb 2009
107 Posts
Heads up on Dynam FW190 and BF109 which is due in at Hobbyzone (Moorabbin, Australia).

I called them today, they said the container is being delivered today at approx 2pm. YAY!

http://hobbyzone.com.au/index.php?ro...product_id=347

http://hobbyzone.com.au/index.php?ro...product_id=335

Any of yous in the States or elsewhere got one? any tips? COG ? critical mods ?
ian84 is offline Find More Posts by ian84
Old Jul 05, 2012, 02:04 PM
Joined Jan 2012
562 Posts
Has anyone tried an E-Flite power 15 in any of these birds yet?
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:52 PM
Just throw it up!
Joined Jul 2011
1,396 Posts
I went down to the Hobbyzone shop (the Australian Distributor similar to NitroPlanes in the US) yesterday to have a look at the new Dynam 109 and 190 in the flesh.

There was a note on the door saying that they had gone out flying and with a map showing where they fly. So we went down there to have a look. Wow. It was great. They had just about every Dynam plane there, and they were flying them all so you could see how they performed. I was impressed.

Also, there were very friendly. Happy to chat and answer questions. They were taking some videos too, so hopefully there will be videos of the 109 and 190 on their website soon.

I was really impressed with the 109. It was very windy, but it tackled the wind well, and seemed to fly great. Also, it looks very scale in the air. Here is a few pics.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined Jan 2012
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin Power View Post
I went down to the Hobbyzone shop (the Australian Distributor similar to NitroPlanes in the US) yesterday to have a look at the new Dynam 109 and 190 in the flesh.

There was a note on the door saying that they had gone out flying and with a map showing where they fly. So we went down there to have a look. Wow. It was great. They had just about every Dynam plane there, and they were flying them all so you could see how they performed. I was impressed.

Also, there were very friendly. Happy to chat and answer questions. They were taking some videos too, so hopefully there will be videos of the 109 and 190 on their website soon.

I was really impressed with the 109. It was very windy, but it tackled the wind well, and seemed to fly great. Also, it looks very scale in the air. Here is a few pics.
You Lucky dog merlin. Too bad there wasn't a new 262 to check out as well.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 08:22 PM
Just throw it up!
Joined Jul 2011
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp73 View Post
You Lucky dog merlin. Too bad there wasn't a new 262 to check out as well.
Yeah I was hoping that the 262 would be there too, but they are still waiting for it to be shipped over. Glad I went though as it was so nice to see all the different planes flying.

I also saw your post about the Power 15 as well. In my opinion, there is no need. The Dynam motors are probably one of the best things about these planes. Change out the ESC for a 50-60amp, run them on a 4cell battery and they perform very well.

Also, over on the Dynam Spitfire thread, one of the guys has done the above and put a Durafly 4 bladed prop and spinner on, and it was better again. So it is definitely not the motors holding these planes back.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 09:05 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,518 Posts
Not sure I agree on the 500KV stocker on the 109 and the 190. Its tad slow for my tastes on 4S but extremely efficient. I'm thinking with the low KV perhaps these motors would sing on 5S with a larger ESC of course.

Alan
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:28 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,139 Posts
That wasn't mine Merlin is referring to but I've done the same mod. Pretty easy 60amp esc but pulls 37amp
Griphin is online now Find More Posts by Griphin
Old Jul 15, 2012, 02:32 AM
Gentlemen, start your engines.
Australia
Joined Jun 2011
1,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe View Post
I like P-38's but IMO they are not the most fun planes to fly and by looking at the the FMS threads and JPower threads the interest in P-38's is miniscule compared to other fighters. I have the Jpower BTW and it is a great flyer almost trainer like. Good for lazy patterns IMO.

I think Dynam would be smart to produce something less represented like the a Typhoon or even a Zero like Kman said. For me personally, the thing that would make my broke butt hit the "buy now" tab immediately would be a Ki-61 Hien. Beautiful lines, great color schemes and good flying airframes that are not offered anywhere in foam. Another group that would have me salivating would be a JU-88, Heinkel 111, Do-17 or a Bf-110 for twins but these may not sell as well to everyone else. I just like the German WWII warbirds.

Alan
JU-88, Heinkel 111, Do-17 or a Bf-110, Oh Yes, please!
skymaxy is offline Find More Posts by skymaxy