HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: With the impending release of the Tempest, what Dynam Warbird would you like next?
Bristol Beaufighter 50 15.43%
Bf 110 50 15.43%
Curtiss P-40 41 12.65%
P-38 Lightning 49 15.12%
Mitsubishi Zero 37 11.42%
de Havilland Mosquito 44 13.58%
Grumman F7F Tigercat 53 16.36%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:09 PM
United States, FL, Lakeland
Joined Oct 2009
280 Posts
Tech note States Set screw... The picture shows "collet" and the statement to "Tighten the prop nut to fix the prop collet to the shaft" Two different set ups...one a set screw to fix adapter to shaft, ,one a collet...to attach adapter to shaft
Aeroplanecolt is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplanecolt
Last edited by Aeroplanecolt; Jun 13, 2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:11 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2012
593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplanecolt View Post
Tech note States Set screw... The picture shows "collet" and the statement to "Tighten the prop nut to fix the prop collet to the shaft" Two different s..et ups...one a set screw to fix adapter to shaft, ,one a collet...to attach adapter to shaft
Uhg!!!!!!
Scamp73 is offline Find More Posts by Scamp73
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:30 AM
United States, GA, Albany
Joined Jun 2012
23 Posts
perfect p51

man im lovin this littlte p51 but i did have to order another prop. got a couple of 2 blade 12.6 from nitroplanes gonna try a spinner off a dynam sbach it uses a 2 blade 13.7 the spinner seems smaller in diameter but more pointed should be ok tho i did put some extra weight in the front end gonna take it back out when i get bigger batteries. just mainly wanderin how reliable the stock transmitter is and hows the range?afraid to push mine too far bein in the city near highways all the time also how big a battery can the stock esc handle was thinkin about tryin a 40 c 2600 or a 30 c 3000 mah 11.1 3 cell
frankmoser72 is offline Find More Posts by frankmoser72
Last edited by frankmoser72; Jun 14, 2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 04:35 AM
Joined Jun 2012
23 Posts
gittin er right n makin er tight

well i got mine grass ready now little wood little rubber n little gorilla glue heh heh i went ahead n took the side plates off the landing gear n raked it forward till the wheels stick out in front of the wing had to trim a little foam from the cavity where the gear goes in but at least no more nose overs on takeoffs and landing i raked it forward by using wood and rubber with some gorilla glue to shim it up on the back side without the plates on the sides n being raked forward it can handle some pretty tough terrain and you can let it take off gradually n smooth with little up elevator inputs with the trim slider or if you prefer just use the stick i have decided having the battery all the way forward and i mean all the way till it touches the front is good enough weight in the front end or at least in low wind anyway well guess thats all i have to say about it good luck n happy skies
Old Jun 17, 2012, 09:28 AM
Ahhgh! Not ANOTHER new plane!
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2001
2,767 Posts
Wow! Two paragraphs without a period! A record! Lol.
Robert Stinson is offline Find More Posts by Robert Stinson
Old Jun 17, 2012, 09:51 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined May 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olwarbirds View Post
Nice thread guys ...Now that im back glad to see that Dynam has stepped it up. I was very impressed with their initial offerings. I had a couple of the A-10's nice edf's for the money. I have no doubts their me262 is goin to be very nice and priced right. I can see im going to have a new hangar full of dynam warbirds .... DJ
Hi folks,

yes, as a newbie to all this ...I have recently stumbled across Dynam planes, gotta say I love them! the price they come in at are very reasonable!

I now get all mine from www.hobbyzone.com.au Local hobby shop (Moorabbin) and dealer for Dynam. Also if you try to contact Dynam directly they will refer you to them.

They said they have the Me262 already ordered but not yet shiped. But the BF109 and FW190 will be in their container arriving by end of month.

Here is a few Vids from them of dynam planes, and their customers flying also.
Hobbyzone.com.au - Dynam C-47 RC plane (3 min 16 sec)

Hobbyzone.com.au - Dynam Cesssna 550 Citation/Turbojet (3 min 3 sec)

They demonstrate and fly nearly all of the dynam planes each Saturday, check out my post on the Fly days that i go to now each Saturday.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5447&page=1221

Nice Fly Days there, quite exciting! and very helpful for beginners like myself
iratherbeflying is offline Find More Posts by iratherbeflying
Old Jun 17, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Jun 2012
23 Posts
I'm not the greatest writer but here goes.I have owned a few planes (choppers too) and done had parkzone $$ eflight$$$ spectrum contollers$$$$ airfeild$$(which i also like) skyartec$$$ mystery$$ and a few others but the dynams i have had were always my favorites.Now that could be because my 1st plane was a dynam cessna little 36 inch trainer which with absolutely no training or simulator or even knowing anyone that was into the sport still held up through the countless pounding it took to learn from scratch.Of course i ordered a lot of new parts but always inexpensive and easy to find even if from another company.We need companies like dynam in the usa but sadly they would probably cost 250+ then and be no better than they are now.I say they set up shop in mexico and sell em for 50-60 bucks then i could have 2 of each one lol!
Old Jun 17, 2012, 05:54 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,692 Posts
Well said fm72 I love my Dynam planes,too and I am up to four of them now. They do have their quirks but they are minor IMO. As far as making these planes like this in the USA, I don't see that happening anytime soon. But it just goes along with anything else electronic these days. Maybe one day things will equalize, but not overnight.

Kman
kman24 is offline Find More Posts by kman24
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:52 AM
Just throw it up!
Joined Jul 2011
1,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iratherbeflying View Post
Hi folks,

yes, as a newbie to all this ...I have recently stumbled across Dynam planes, gotta say I love them! the price they come in at are very reasonable!

I now get all mine from www.hobbyzone.com.au Local hobby shop (Moorabbin) and dealer for Dynam. Also if you try to contact Dynam directly they will refer you to them.

They said they have the Me262 already ordered but not yet shiped. But the BF109 and FW190 will be in their container arriving by end of month.

Here is a few Vids from them of dynam planes, and their customers flying also.
http://youtu.be/GbMGmk3gRdk
http://youtu.be/kGH-lZCkKJA

They demonstrate and fly nearly all of the dynam planes each Saturday, check out my post on the Fly days that i go to now each Saturday.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5447&page=1221

Nice Fly Days there, quite exciting! and very helpful for beginners like myself
Wow you have made my day. I have been waiting for a firm with reasonable prices to open in Melbourne.

I own the Dynam Spitfire and Texan and I can now get most of the parts. Awesome!

I will be on their doorstep as soon as they have the 109 in stock. So excited and the best thing is that I can drive there and pick it up.

Their prices look reasonable by Aussie standards too.
Merlin Power is offline Find More Posts by Merlin Power
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:42 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin Power View Post
Wow you have made my day. I have been waiting for a firm with reasonable prices to open in Melbourne.

I own the Dynam Spitfire and Texan and I can now get most of the parts. Awesome!

I will be on their doorstep as soon as they have the 109 in stock. So excited and the best thing is that I can drive there and pick it up.

The Dynam 109 is in stock at NitroPlanes
http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy8951-bf109-arf.html
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Jun 25, 2012, 06:57 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Feb 2009
107 Posts
Quote:

Yep, i couldnt agree better Merlin, drive by, pick up and go back and build/ fix.. i hate waiting!!

These mob seems to really be doing the right thing, with full parts support. Like come on, they even got in stock all Dynam's Motor Shaft, when u bend them! this was something i found to be real cool.

Definitely a Big thumbs up. they also have alot of the Dynam planes for demo, they said they fly each Saturday. check out their site for more info on that. I have still yet to go, work has kept me grounded lately!

I also got my eyes on the new Dynam BF109 / FW190... not sure which to get... (maybe both) ..... hmmmm.... gotta be real good to the wife ...
ian84 is offline Find More Posts by ian84
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:15 AM
Joined May 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Yeah I had the same issue trying to source a prop shaft for my At6 Texan. In the end I ended up just putting a new motor in which was not really ideal as the motor was fine.

I am looking forward to seeing what their Corsair will be like. I am still hanging for their 109 to come out and to make it's way down under.
FYI, i just found out they stock all shaft adaptor by DYNAM!! They have all motors also and mounts..etc.. all hardware.

They said they are still uploading all parts, so best to call them for what u need specificly untill then...
iratherbeflying is offline Find More Posts by iratherbeflying
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:46 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,628 Posts
I have the FW-190 and the lights have nothing but a wire with no connector coming from each wing with no instructions on how they are to be connected. How are you guys hooking these up?

Thanks
Alan
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe View Post
I have the FW-190 and the lights have nothing but a wire with no connector coming from each wing with no instructions on how they are to be connected. How are you guys hooking these up?

Thanks
Alan
Odd. They should have a JR connector and Y cable. I'd take it back to your LHS and ask them. If necessary get JR plugs and a Y cable as required. I don't have this model so not sure what might be going on.

That's great news about HobbyZone shop in Melbourne. Parts on hand mean a lot for deciding on what models you should get. Thx for that.
Griphin is online now Find More Posts by Griphin
Old Jun 26, 2012, 05:25 AM
Just throw it up!
Joined Jul 2011
1,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iratherbeflying View Post
FYI, i just found out they stock all shaft adaptor by DYNAM!! They have all motors also and mounts..etc.. all hardware.

They said they are still uploading all parts, so best to call them for what u need specificly untill then...
Haha oh well I now know. A bit too late for the Texan as I have the new motor in it, but regardless it is great to have someone local with Dynam parts. Makes buying Dynam planes in Australia less annoying when something stuffs up (or I crash!).
Merlin Power is offline Find More Posts by Merlin Power