HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: With the impending release of the Tempest, what Dynam Warbird would you like next?
Bristol Beaufighter 50 15.63%
Bf 110 49 15.31%
Curtiss P-40 40 12.50%
P-38 Lightning 48 15.00%
Mitsubishi Zero 37 11.56%
de Havilland Mosquito 44 13.75%
Grumman F7F Tigercat 52 16.25%
Voters: 320. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:42 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
Now they have a F4U Corsair coming out...

http://rcgroups.com/forums/showthrea...5#post21867862

Kman

Looks nice and all, but how many F4U makers do we really need?
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:04 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
Looks nice and all, but how many F4U makers do we really need?
Apparently not enough Corsair is almost as popular as the Mustang in terms of American WWII fighter planes. I just seen that Tower Hobbies has a new Corsair under their own brand name out now, too. Who's next?

Kman
kman24 is offline Find More Posts by kman24
Old Jun 12, 2012, 01:58 PM
Newton and I are good friends
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Agreed lots of corsairs out there already, but this one does look good and im glad to see Dynam doin it too. Price should be right, like the rest of their offerings. I work in a hobby shop so swapping out parts is not a big deal to me, been doin it for yrs .... DJ
olwarbirds is offline Find More Posts by olwarbirds
Old Jun 12, 2012, 02:02 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplanecolt View Post
Love the Dynam ,P-51 But I broke the Prop and bent the prop adapter which I reworked in a vice. But its not true and the spinner wobbles.. But airplane flys...I have searched for a new prop adapter which is 4mm motor shaft ,collet ,40mm long and 6mm prop end,Nut on the end..No Dynam dealer list this part as available....I have been to Tower and h,lobby and no can find...Nitro and Bannana show no listing for the part...
I am looking for the same piece. Please post if you find anything and I will do the same thing. Somebody posted that Great Planes carries one but I have not been able to find one that looks like it will work.
Scamp73 is offline Find More Posts by Scamp73
Old Jun 12, 2012, 03:59 PM
Just throw it up!
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2011
1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp73 View Post
I am looking for the same piece. Please post if you find anything and I will do the same thing. Somebody posted that Great Planes carries one but I have not been able to find one that looks like it will work.
Yeah I had the same issue trying to source a prop shaft for my At6 Texan. In the end I ended up just putting a new motor in which was not really ideal as the motor was fine.

I am looking forward to seeing what their Corsair will be like. I am still hanging for their 109 to come out and to make it's way down under.
Merlin Power is online now Find More Posts by Merlin Power
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:05 PM
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin Power View Post
Yeah I had the same issue trying to source a prop shaft for my At6 Texan. In the end I ended up just putting a new motor in which was not really ideal as the motor was fine.

I am looking forward to seeing what their Corsair will be like. I am still hanging for their 109 to come out and to make it's way down under.
Ya, not ideal but I can see why you changed the motor. This is a pain in the neck trying to find this darn part. We have 2 Spits that we need the collet for.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:03 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp73 View Post
I think I got this Great Planes prop adapter from my LHS when I went searching for a new collet as I've been playing with different props and spinners for my Spitty. I think I've got three different spinners for it now. I'm using a 4mm grub screw one in a 4 blade aluminum spinner ATM from HK.
I'll look tonight when I get home. If I forget someone PM to remind me.
Griphin is offline Find More Posts by Griphin
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:19 AM
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphin View Post
I think I got this Great Planes prop adapter from my LHS when I went searching for a new collet as I've been playing with different props and spinners for my Spitty. I think I've got three different spinners for it now. I'm using a 4mm grub screw one in a 4 blade aluminum spinner ATM from HK.
I'll look tonight when I get home. If I forget someone PM to remind me.
Please let me know if you can find out which one you got. I have already ordered a couple from various sites that did not work.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 08:48 PM
United States, FL, Lakeland
Joined Oct 2009
277 Posts
Well I may have a answer to our prop adapter problem..??
I purchased a Great planes GPMQ4965 prop adapter 4.0mm motor shaft collet 1/4x28 output shaft..The tech info at Tower Hobbys stated that this adapter was 40mm long.not true.
So I called as the adapter is only 33mm long and the prop nut only went on one thread.
Sales person stated that there is a packing error and the info is incorrect..I wanted to return the adapters but was told to keep them at no cost...But they are of no use on the DYNAM P-51.....So now what.??There is enough material in the plastic prop hub to open the prop hole from 6mm to 8mm.
I drilled out a Brass pipe plug all the way thru and taped the hole 1/4x28 internal thread.
I turned the brass plug down to 8mm outside Dia x 10mm long and left the hex head on.
I hope that this brass "prop Nut" will go on to the 1/4x28 prop shaft from the front and extend the length of the adapter and hold the prop on...
I can not test this work as the P-51 A/C is in FL and I am in Ct. But plan to fly a pz p-47
with this set up,when it stops raining in the N.E.
Aeroplanecolt is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplanecolt
Old Jun 13, 2012, 08:59 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,226 Posts
We've been talking about props, adapters and spinners a bit in the Dynam 1.2m Spitfire thread. There are a few possibilities for it.
Griphin is offline Find More Posts by Griphin
Old Jun 13, 2012, 09:03 PM
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Quote:
Well I may have a answer to our prop adapter problem..??
I purchased a Great planes GPMQ4965 prop adapter 4.0mm motor shaft collet 1/4x28 output shaft..The tech info at Tower Hobbys stated that this adapter was 40mm long.not true.
So I called as the adapter is only 33mm long and the prop nut only went on one thread.
Sales person stated that there is a packing error and the info is incorrect..I wanted to return the adapters but was told to keep them at no cost...But they are of no use on the DYNAM P-51.....So now what.??There is enough material in the plastic prop hub to open the prop hole from 6mm to 8mm.
I drilled out a Brass pipe plug all the way thru and taped the hole 1/4x28 internal thread.
I turned the brass plug down to 8mm outside Dia x 10mm long and left the hex head on.
I hope that this brass "prop Nut" will go on to the 1/4x28 prop shaft from the front and extend the length of the adapter and hold the prop on...
I can not test this work as the P-51 A/C is in FL and I am in Ct. But plan to fly a pz p-47
with this set up,when it stops raining in the N.E.
I ordered one from Target Hobby today. It is a Great Planes 4mm but it has a different item # than yours. it is for a 4mm shaft but appears to be slightly wider than the stock adapter. Not sure if it will work or not?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMSG4&P=7
Old Jun 13, 2012, 09:32 PM
Joined Oct 2009
277 Posts
HI>. Look out. Check out the tower hobby prop adapter "Tech notes" It states Grub set screw
but shows a Collet prop adapter....It states "40MM LONG" BUT they ARE ONLY 33 MM LONG
No thread for the nut to hold on to...
I got three free ones because they are not as stated.. That is why a made new prop nuts
as stated above....I do not plan to buy DYNAM a/c again,as parts are not available.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 09:37 PM
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Quote:
HI>. Look out. Check out the tower hobby prop adapter "Tech notes" It states Grub set screw
but shows a Collet prop adapter....It states "40MM LONG" BUT they ARE ONLY 33 MM LONG
No thread for the nut to hold on to...
I got three free ones because they are not as stated.. That is why a made new prop nuts
as stated above....I do not plan to buy DYNAM a/c again,as parts are not available.
NOTES FROM OUR TECH DEPARTMENT

This is the Great Planes ElectriFly 4mm to 1/4-28
Prop Adapter with Set Screw and Propeller Nut.

FEATURES: Large shaft size for Brushless or Brushed motors with 4mm shafts

INCLUDES: One prop adapter
One prop washer
One 1/4-28 prop nut

REQUIRES: Tightening the prop nut to compress the prop adapter onto the motor
shaft

SPECS: Total length: 1.57" (40mm)
Diameter of prop washer: 1.1" (28mm)
Old Jun 13, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Oct 2009
277 Posts
Do you see as I do, the conflict in the tech notes???
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:01 PM
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Quote:
Do you see as I do, the conflict in the tech notes???
With set screw?