HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: With the impending release of the Tempest, what Dynam Warbird would you like next?
Bristol Beaufighter 50 15.92%
Bf 110 49 15.61%
Curtiss P-40 39 12.42%
P-38 Lightning 46 14.65%
Mitsubishi Zero 37 11.78%
de Havilland Mosquito 42 13.38%
Grumman F7F Tigercat 51 16.24%
Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 01, 2012, 03:51 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,479 Posts
I'm getting pretty fired up about Dynam's new offerings coming out. I looked at al the German birds coming and they all look like winners. The only flaw I saw that kind of bugs me was the huge ailerons on the 109. Hopefully those are only on the prototype. As for the 262 I'm wondering what the price point will be for that one. $129 for the 50" FW-190 is a heck of a deal.

Alan
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2012, 04:00 PM
Love Flying History
United States, VA, Front Royal
Joined Sep 2011
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe View Post
I'm getting pretty fired up about Dynam's new offerings coming out. I looked at al the German birds coming and they all look like winners. The only flaw I saw that kind of bugs me was the huge ailerons on the 109. Hopefully those are only on the prototype. As for the 262 I'm wondering what the price point will be for that one. $129 for the 50" FW-190 is a heck of a deal.

Alan
Alan
I'm only guessing but they have a PBY that around $179.00 so it should be in that range.
Loyd
mustangloyd is offline Find More Posts by mustangloyd
Old May 01, 2012, 04:08 PM
Just throw it up!
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2011
1,350 Posts
[QUOTE=mrshreddd;21486953]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin Power View Post

Cool! no tip stalling? did you use 9 gram servo's for the flaps?
I was thinking of making a portable arrester cable. It would make landing way easier and would also be kinda fun lol.
Nah no tipstalling at all with the flaps installed. Obviously I make sure the final approach is pretty much straight, as I am sure if you did slow it down that much and do a too tighter turn, it would stall, however coming in at that speed straight on, there has been no hint of a tipstalling at all. It lands easier than my high wing Cessna!

I did just use two 9g servos that I had from another plane I wrote off, and I had to use a servo reverser for one of them, but they work really well.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=lGa-TgLL1N8
Merlin Power is offline Find More Posts by Merlin Power
Old May 01, 2012, 04:22 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangloyd View Post
Alan
I'm only guessing but they have a PBY that around $179.00 so it should be in that range.
Loyd
Hope you are right but I see this one being more. Not only is it unique but it also is 60" in ws and has tricycle retracts and takes a 4000 mah battery. This one has some size on it.

Regards,
Alan
Old May 04, 2012, 06:19 PM
Just throw it up!
Joined Jul 2011
1,350 Posts
I think I have a problem. I had a dream last night that I was flying the new Dynam BF109. I got woken up halfway through the dream by the cat, and when I woke up, the dream seemed so real that I had to go out to the garage to double check. Unfortunately, there was no 109 sitting in the garage!

Can't wait to get my hands on this new 109. Want it even badly now that I had it in dream land.
Old May 05, 2012, 08:43 AM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin Power View Post
I think I have a problem. I had a dream last night that I was flying the new Dynam BF109. I got woken up halfway through the dream by the cat, and when I woke up, the dream seemed so real that I had to go out to the garage to double check. Unfortunately, there was no 109 sitting in the garage!

Can't wait to get my hands on this new 109. Want it even badly now that I had it in dream land.
I'll bet you were even doing perfect takeoffs and landings on that narrow gear in dreamland!
Old May 08, 2012, 06:35 AM
Just throw it up!
Joined Jul 2011
1,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe View Post
I'll bet you were even doing perfect takeoffs and landings on that narrow gear in dreamland!
Haha, I don't really remember whether I landed it or not, but it is going to be a bit of a challenge to land in real life, just like the real 109 was.
Old May 11, 2012, 05:51 PM
Joined Nov 2004
319 Posts
Glue for Dynam Planes?

I had to get an extra fuselage for my Dynam Spitfire. Dumb thumbs.
I need to glue the two halves together what is a good flexible sort of glue to use on these planes? does anyone know what Dynam uses?
Thanks
Rich Graf
richgraf is offline Find More Posts by richgraf
Last edited by richgraf; May 11, 2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old May 11, 2012, 08:53 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richgraf View Post
I need to glue the two halves together what is a good flexible sort of glue to use on these planes? does anyone know what Dynam uses?
Thanks
Rich Graf
Gorilla Glue White works really well with this foam and is really strong. You can find it at most major hardware stores

Kman
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old May 11, 2012, 09:52 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
Gorilla Glue White works really well with this foam and is really strong. You can find it at most major hardware stores

Kman
Except that it expands like crazy and is not really flexible. I love the stuff but care has to be taken when using it. You can use masking tape over it to keep the expansion to a minimum. I treat GG like pre-mixed epoxy that works well on EPO.

Rich do you have any GWS glue left over from one of those kits? Its perfect for those sorts of applications. Others use "Uhu por" sp? but i have not used it. It is supposed to be some sort of cantact cement as well.

Good Luck
Alan
Old May 12, 2012, 04:37 AM
Love Flying History
United States, VA, Front Royal
Joined Sep 2011
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richgraf View Post
Thanks
Rich Graf
Just to add to what every one else just said. If it's your fuse your gluing back together? I also cut matching slots on each side and use popsicle sticks as a biscut joint and that help strengthen the bond
Good Luck
mustangloyd is offline Find More Posts by mustangloyd
Old May 20, 2012, 11:16 PM
PEMAC
Australia, New South Wales, Penrith
Joined Jul 2007
755 Posts
Used polyurethane glue (gorilla glue?) when I had to split the fuse of my dynam P51 to fix a loose firewall after a crash. It is a little flexible, and seems to be holding up fine. Foam safe contact cement was my other option, which is more flexible but wasn't sure it would be strong enough for the firewall.
SleepySean is offline Find More Posts by SleepySean
Old May 22, 2012, 03:39 PM
Bombs Away...
United States, MI, Lambertville
Joined Nov 2009
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post

Kman
HOT GLUE works great on the epo planes.
AL1EN is offline Find More Posts by AL1EN
Old May 22, 2012, 04:29 PM
Joined Nov 2004
319 Posts
Hi All,
Thanks for the suggestions. Think I'm going with the UHU Por or 3M Scotchgrip 4693H. Testing a few glue joints on my old crashed fuselage. I've used UHU Por on depron (FSK models) works great. I've also used the 3M product on EPP and it worked well, still somewhat flexible and you apply it to both side, let tack dry and join the halves.

I think these Dynam planes are EPO, at least the 3M product doesn't seem to disolve it. I've used hot glue on most all foams and like it, I'll just never be able to do all the fuselage seams before it starts to harden.

Rich
richgraf is offline Find More Posts by richgraf
Last edited by richgraf; May 22, 2012 at 04:31 PM. Reason: clarification
Old May 22, 2012, 09:08 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,479 Posts
Here's the new 190 done up in the N. Africa scheme of Erich Rudorffer. Broke a cardinal rule of mine and did all this work pre-flight. Still needs Unit number, exhaust stains and gun stains and maybe a few more odds and ends. Sure hope this thing flies well.

Regards,
Alan