SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: With the impending release of the Tempest, what Dynam Warbird would you like next?
Bristol Beaufighter 50 15.92%
Bf 110 49 15.61%
Curtiss P-40 39 12.42%
P-38 Lightning 46 14.65%
Mitsubishi Zero 37 11.78%
de Havilland Mosquito 42 13.38%
Grumman F7F Tigercat 51 16.24%
Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 22, 2012, 05:20 AM
Just throw it up!
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2011
1,345 Posts
Well I maidened the Dynam Spitfire this weekend and it was the most uneventful maiden I have ever had. It flew like it was on rails. What an amazing plane. Good on Dynam for making their planes fly so sweetly.
Merlin Power is offline Find More Posts by Merlin Power
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:54 AM
PEMAC
Australia, New South Wales, Penrith
Joined Jul 2007
748 Posts
Congrats Merlin.

Work on my Spit has stalled mid-paint-job due to work, but it's my first priority. Hope my maiden goes as well.
SleepySean is online now Find More Posts by SleepySean
Old Apr 24, 2012, 04:31 AM
Just throw it up!
Joined Jul 2011
1,345 Posts
I am sure it will be fine. Just make sure all the control surfaces are even. Mine balanced perfectly with a 4cell 2800 30c battery stuffed up against the firewall.

It was a dream seeing the spitfire fly the way it did, and under my control too. With the dual rates set at 70% and 30% expo it was not twitchy or hard to contol at all, actually it was just as easy as the Texan and that is supposed to be a trainer!

On the four cell setup, it has more than enough power and will climb until it looks really small. There is not a lot of difference in speed from 3/4 throttle to full throttle, so I kept it at 3/4 throttle and seemed really efficient at that throttle setting, almost like cruise speed. I flew for 5mins and still had heaps of battery life. I think 7 mins flight would be easy.

Just love this plane.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 06:17 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2012
544 Posts
Added the D-day stripes to my Spit.
Scamp73 is online now Find More Posts by Scamp73
Old Apr 24, 2012, 06:36 AM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Feb 2012
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp73 View Post
Looks GREAT!
GunnerV is offline Find More Posts by GunnerV
Old Apr 24, 2012, 06:49 AM
Joined Jan 2012
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerV View Post
Looks GREAT!
Thanks...
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:23 AM
Just throw it up!
Joined Jul 2011
1,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerV View Post
Looks GREAT!
That looks tops! It is going to look even better once airbourne!
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:25 AM
Joined Jan 2012
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin Power View Post
That looks tops! It is going to look even better once airbourne!
I hope so... It dropped out of the sky on it's maiden flight so this is after repairs.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 04:25 PM
Just throw it up!
Joined Jul 2011
1,345 Posts
Quote:
I hope so... It dropped out of the sky on it's maiden flight so this is after repairs.
Do you know what caused your failed maiden the first time? Great job fixing it up. It looks tops.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:47 PM
Joined Jan 2012
544 Posts
Quote:
Do you know what caused your failed maiden the first time? Great job fixing it up. It looks tops.
We do not know for sure what caused the issue. I had one of my friends "experianced pilot" take her up to make sure it was trimmed out ect for me. As we were trimming it out he lost all power and it dropped out of the sky. I had issues with my Corsair in this same field. The issues with the Corsair were different though. I lost radio contact with it and it just kept doing what ever my last input was when I lost signal. We narrowed it down to either my Spectrum DX5 which was on the recall list with the DSM2 mode issues. Or a bad Orange reciever. I stopped using both of those and never had the issues again. This time I was using my DX4 and a brand new Orange RX. The difference being that this time all power was lost to the plane. This actually sounds more like an ESC issue to me but we definately were not pushing the plane at all. What do you think? Have you heard of any other issues?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 01:18 AM
Doug ''Doctordug'' Steele
Joined Jun 2011
247 Posts
Quote:
Hi all

This is a thread that I have created to discuss all Dynam warbirds. It can include any suggestions that Dynam can use as feedback to allow then to build better RC warbirds including any suggestions for future Dynam warbirds.

I currently have two Dynam planes, the AT-6 Texan, and the Spitfire.

The things that I like about Dynam warbirds are:

- for the price, they are excellent value for money.

- they are normally in the 1200-1300mm size, which are easy to fit in the car without dismantling them, but large enough so they still have presence in the sky and stable.

- the motors they use are very good and provide more than enough power, particularly when running on four cell batteries (but enough power on 3 cells for more scale like flying)

- The epo they use is tough and can take a beating

- I like that the decals come uninstalled, as it allows you to customize the paintwork without having to remove decals like other brands.

- they are excellent flyers, and never need much trim to get then flying right.

The things that I don't like so far about Dynam planes is:

- The landing gear needs to come with more forward rake out if the factory to avoid nose-overs

- the control rod/horn setup that they use with the screw and bolt is dated, and would work much better with a normal plastic clevis setup.

- Sky blue is not grey, and looks silly when it is expected to.

- The pilots they use are never to scale. How hard can it be to get scale pilots that don't looks like midgets or bigfoots.

- a mustang does not looks good or right at all with a three bladed prop unless it is an Allison engined early one

The retracts seem to be tempremental, temperature sensitive, and have moments where they just decide not to work for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Feel free to add any more issues that you may have with the products.

Cheers, MP
Ha.Funny you started this thread.I have the mustang and the spitfire.I removed the metal parts of the landing gear so i can easily bend it back on a regular basis.unless there is no wind then landing is much better.Took a minute to get the stang going.I ended up using the thunderbird54esc and c3542 1250kv motors on both and the 3s batteries run like bats out of .... I also coated both with packing tape.really seems to make them fly better and faster.Learned by accident by rebuilding it a couple times.I thought the tape being heavier would drag it down.but much the opposite.I do run the 11x8 3 blade prop. I had a gear come loose on the spit. and took a minute to figure how to tighten it,but there is little allens in the brass hole on the side of the landing gear. At least the spit came with lighter plastic pieces on the landing gear. I'm thinking about doing a spring heat temper process on the struts so the don't bend so much. heat them till there glowing red.dip them in water to cool them. then heat them to glowing red again then dip them in (I use engine oil mixed with transmission oil)or used motor oil.It turns them into spring metal.supposed told its flex alot better.
Doctordug is offline Find More Posts by Doctordug
Old Apr 25, 2012, 01:21 AM
Doug ''Doctordug'' Steele
Joined Jun 2011
247 Posts
Quote:
that's pimp.gotta take that one from ya bro
Doctordug is offline Find More Posts by Doctordug
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Dec 2011
68 Posts
hey scamp, your problem is with the esc ,e flite ecs's are having big problems. what ecs are you using? tom
tbnil is offline Find More Posts by tbnil
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:13 PM
Joined Jan 2012
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbnil View Post
hey scamp, your problem is with the esc ,e flite ecs's are having big problems. what ecs are you using? tom
I was using the Dynam 30amp ESC with an Orange RX with a Sprectrum DX4i.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:21 PM
Joined Jan 2012
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctordug View Post
that's pimp.gotta take that one from ya bro
LOL..... I have always luv'd the Spits with the Stripes.