HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: With the impending release of the Tempest, what Dynam Warbird would you like next?
Bristol Beaufighter 50 15.87%
Bf 110 49 15.56%
Curtiss P-40 39 12.38%
P-38 Lightning 46 14.60%
Mitsubishi Zero 37 11.75%
de Havilland Mosquito 43 13.65%
Grumman F7F Tigercat 51 16.19%
Voters: 315. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:54 PM
Joined Apr 2010
648 Posts
Putting together my F4U tonight, can't wait
Technica is offline Find More Posts by Technica
Last edited by Technica; Aug 22, 2012 at 05:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:17 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
2,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technica View Post
Putting together my F4U tonight, can't wait
Cool. What batt are you running it on? What prop size? After you get it up tell what you think.
Griphin is online now Find More Posts by Griphin
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:54 AM
Joined Feb 2012
9 Posts
Dynam BF109

Received my Dynam BF 109 from Nitro Planes last week. Upon unpacking found the vertical stabilizer leading edge damaged and no connectors on the running lights wiring. Of course proper repair parts were available from Hobby King and matching paint was available from my local hobby shop. Light weight Spackle from the local hardware store took care of the damaged rudder problem. I wonder who packs these items? Of course Nitro offered a generous $10.63 refund for the damages. :-(

Maybe our suppliers should understand that customer service insures continued business. If Nitro, Banana etc want examples they can take lessons from Cabela's, a great company with good products and immediate replacement of damaged goods, no questions asked.
rehafner is offline Find More Posts by rehafner
Last edited by rehafner; Aug 25, 2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: corrections
Old Aug 25, 2012, 01:55 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,550 Posts
I don't think you are comparing apple's to apple's when you compare NP or BH to Cabelas. The sporting goods stores markups are quite generous so they can afford to replace it. I am sure NP or BH could replace it in a same manner if they had a bigger markup, but that is not their business model.

Just trying to tell you the way it is, that's all

Kman
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Aug 25, 2012, 04:03 PM
Just throw it up!
Joined Jul 2011
1,396 Posts
The wires for the lights on dynam planes don't come with connectors. They leave it up to you to decide how you are going to power them.

Good luck with the 109. It is the next plane on my wish list.
Merlin Power is online now Find More Posts by Merlin Power
Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Feb 2012
9 Posts
TKS for the info. Good thing we have Hobby King for repair parts.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:15 AM
PEMAC
Australia, New South Wales, Penrith
Joined Jul 2007
755 Posts
Yep. I'd have a lot of broken models in the repair queue waiting for funds or even worse, with cheap electrics that didn't work, if I hadn't found HK. The reviews are what is lacking from the other Chinese vendors, makes it a lucky dip without them. With HK I can see what others thought of it.

plus, don't ask why it works, but their $8 mig pilot looks perfect in an 1100mm ww2 warbird.
SleepySean is offline Find More Posts by SleepySean
Last edited by SleepySean; Aug 29, 2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:30 AM
Joined Feb 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphin View Post
Odd. They should have a JR connector and Y cable. I'd take it back to your LHS and ask them. If necessary get JR plugs and a Y cable as required. I don't have this model so not sure what might be going on.

That's great news about HobbyZone shop in Melbourne. Parts on hand mean a lot for deciding on what models you should get. Thx for that.
Hobby King sells the connectors and inserts. MY BF 109 came the same way.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:41 PM
Flying from Vic Park
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
2,391 Posts
I ordered on line some just incase parts for my Dynam Spitfire for Hobby Zone in Melbourne, Brandon is great to deal with and provides a fast service.
Great_Goose is offline Find More Posts by Great_Goose
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:16 PM
Just throw it up!
Joined Jul 2011
1,396 Posts
Hi all. For those of you who have been cursing like I have after a nose over or a crash that it was near impossible to find motor shaft replacements for the stock motor, http://www.pw-rc.com now has replacement motor shafts in stock. Great news.

While it is a bit late for me as I have replaced the old motor due to a bent motor shaft with a new motor, hopefully this will help others out.

Cheers.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:58 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,207 Posts
late to the game .....

But I have had 2 now 1 Dynam warbird. My Folke Wulf was a great flyer but I crashed it in the Fog, I know... but it looked very cool until I lost orientation and put it in terribly.
My other is the 109 which is a great flyer too.
The retracts are still soft. Anything close to a rough landing will necessitate bending the strut back into position... The electric LG motors have been good for me.
The ESC failed on the 109 in flight #3 or 4 and I bought a new airframe. The revived model has aftermarket servos and receiver. I'm flying her with a power 25 motor on 4s... and she is fun..... really pretty tame on the ground considering the close to scale type LG. I recommend the airframe but suggest you change electronics. By the way I was able to buy a fuse online in the USA.
scootrb4 is offline Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:06 AM
Joined May 2012
23 Posts
Here is a nice video of many Dynam planes. my LHS fly em all each and every Saturday and when there is good weather.... BBQ for all!

Enjoy!

HOBBYZONE.COM.AU First day of spring, BBQ and great flying! (5 min 5 sec)
iratherbeflying is offline Find More Posts by iratherbeflying
Last edited by iratherbeflying; Sep 15, 2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:22 AM
Mansell Models
United States, UT, Layton
Joined May 2004
1,349 Posts
I wish Dynam would come out with a Twin prop WWII Fighter / Bomber like:

P-38 Lightening, Mosquito, BF-110, F-82 Twin Mustang, B-25, Heinkel He-111.

Something along these birds. They have done awesome with the Single engine Warbirds, its time for a Twin engine Prop Warbird!!

Tom
N827TM is offline Find More Posts by N827TM
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:59 AM
Just throw it up!
Joined Jul 2011
1,396 Posts
I agree, a twin engined warbird by Dynam would be awesome. A twin engined warbird has been on my wanted list for a while, however I have been waiting for Dynam to bring one out. I would love a Mosquito as there is no decent ones out there, however I would also settle for a P38 or BF110.

The guys at Hobbyzone are great, so glad to have a Dynam distributor in Melbourne. They are friendly, their prices are good, and they enjoy flying as much as the rest of us.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:59 AM
Joined May 2012
23 Posts
Freewing has a mosquito, seems like its a nice bird. the alloy retracts, suspension system. Any one got one ? ( Sorry, i know its a Dynam thread)

Hobbyzone said that they are having a Gee Bee by Mid next month from Dynam. But yeah, it be great to have a new Twin prop war bird, (The Dakota looked cool though too).

Hobbyzone.com.au - Dynam C-47 RC plane (3 min 16 sec)
iratherbeflying is offline Find More Posts by iratherbeflying