Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 05, 2012, 04:01 AM
Joined May 2011
1 Posts
Discussion
Setting up Dynam E-Razor 450

I bought a Dynam E-Razor 450 about 10 months ago and still could't fly properly. The TX/RX came with that and very dificult to fine tune. I have already broke several parts and how can I tune this to fly. Do you need me to change the TX/RX
Rabeendra is offline Find More Posts by Rabeendra
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2012, 06:41 AM
Tom
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Dec 2011
254 Posts
If this was your first helicopter, I've no doubt you cant' fly it and will rebuild it several times before you can. I managed to get it off the ground with the stock radio but quickly decided it needed a better system. Installed a FlySky th-9x and that has helped a lot along with some other modifications to the servos and gyro. However, everything that has gone wrong with the helicopter has been pilot error.

You need, at a minimum, a flight simulator program that is realistic and you need to practice for many, many hours. Then you need to read all over the Internet on how to setup a helicopter - lots of good instructional videos on Youtube. And even after you get it setup properly, it will not fly itself in any way shape or form. From the moment you apply sufficient throttle to take off, your fingers will be moving sticks. It will never hover on its own (at least mine won't) and requires constant pilot input.

Altitude is your best friend and worst enemy . Height gives you some time to react but it also means the heli can get away very quickly and you've still got to bring it in for a landing which requires hovering it close to the ground. I cannot control it when it's only a few inches off the ground and yet that's critical to feeling confident and being able to actual return the machine to earth when the time comes. Right now I cheat it down from about two feet by hitting the throttle hold (at 0%) and giving it full positive collective which gives me a little auto rotation effect to bounce off the training wheels but that won't work in real life with the training gear off.

I consider the dynam my "disposable" helicopter. Hopefully I'll learn on it, likely crash it a few times, rebuild whatever breaks and then when it's a battered and beaten mess, I'll build a kit with all better components and salvage whatever I can from the Dynam.

Good luck. It isn't easy but it is (eventually) fun.
tom4416 is offline Find More Posts by tom4416
Old Mar 06, 2012, 02:11 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Start here:
http://www.mycoolheli.com/reviews/ReviewERazor450.html
Note the eRazor specific RCG thread link

then here:
http://www.mycoolheli.com/HeliTraining.html
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Mar 06, 2012, 02:16 PM
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Aug 2010
127 Posts
Get rid of the factory radio. I use an Orange 6ch Spektrum compatible Rx from HK and my Spektrum DX6i.

Set up for a beginner it flies and hovers beautifully.
winginman is offline Find More Posts by winginman