HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Twinboom, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:08 PM
Semper Fidelis...........
United States, CA, Calimesa
Joined Dec 2003
1,472 Posts
Trader Rating: 45
Sold
14' Custom Gnome, 600.00 Local Pick Up, Yucaipa California

Price reduced to $450.00

Hey Gents,
I have a Gnome built by a friend of mine back in the 80's sometime. It was used a few years ago by Dan Borer for some of his LSF-V tasks. If you gents know Dan, you will know the plane of which I speak. It is built extremely tough. I have flwon it several times in the last few years off a winch, and it takes full pedal launches no problem.

You gents who fly cross country ect, may have seen Dan BOrer fly it. I don't want to give it away, but I want to make a fair amount on it as well. It has a few patches on the wings ect, and it could use a new canopy but the one that is on it works fine.

It is a one of a kind plane, and flies, floats great. Don't know the airfoil, but if anyone might be seriously interested in it, I'd be happy to let you take it up. Right now it is set up with Futaba gear and receievr, RES flight ready. I flew it at the Little Mountain Old Timers flyin a few years ago, and the photo's here reflect that day. Thanks for any input.

Doug Blackburn

P.S. I posted a thread in the Thermal forum wondering what it might be worth, but was not able to post any photo's. If anyone is interested, I can email photo's as I cannot post attachemnts right now for some reason. If you are, send me an email at twinboom@msn.com . Many here in the slope forum know me, and I have been with the Inland Slope Rebels since late 1997.

Price reduced to $450.00
Twinboom is offline Find More Posts by Twinboom
Last edited by Twinboom; Mar 08, 2012 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Trying to get attachments to load, still no worky..
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2012, 01:25 PM
Joined Jan 2011
94 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
I am interested

GuyPilot@charter.net

I would like to know how the plane breaks down
GuyPilot is offline Find More Posts by GuyPilot
Old Mar 05, 2012, 01:52 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,863 Posts
Trader Rating: 382
Wow!
Very nice.
Price seems fair, as would cover up the current price of balsa, spruce and moneycoat.

Good luck, and per-congrats to the new soon to be custodian.
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2012, 01:54 PM
Joined Dec 2003
1,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPilot View Post
I am interested

GuyPilot@charter.net

I would like to know how the plane breaks down
Tonight when I get home, I'll send some more photo's of it to your home email, and also try and post them as well. I found a coouple online in the Little Mountain Thread, and posted them from work, which is the only reason I was able to put anything out. I cannot post attachments from home for some reason.

The plane breaks down into the center section, 8', and the two wing tips, each 3'. The rudder and elevator are permanently attached. Let me know what photo's you want, and hopefully I will be able to attach thinjgs when I get home. I wrote RCGuru's and told them what was happeneing. Thanks for the interest.

Doug B.

There is minimal repairs, and I will photo those as well.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 04:50 PM
build, launch, rekit...
Columbia, MD
Joined Oct 2003
167 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
Very cool! Have flown Gnomes for years in different sizes. None quite this size! Looks like serious washout from pic. Great design that's built like a brick craphouse. Neat.
Shreve is online now Find More Posts by Shreve
Last edited by Shreve; Mar 05, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:31 PM
Joined Dec 2003
1,472 Posts
If you guys need anymore shots, let me know. I'm dropping the price to $550.00 and it is still obviously a local pick up.

GuyPilot has first dibs, and a Gent who sent me an email for photo's, MuscleCBT, has second dibbs if GuyPilot decideds to pass. Thanks for looking,

Doug Blackburn

P.S. If I did not make it clear, it comes with the three servos, receiver, just throw in a battery and it is good to go.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 11:36 PM
Joined Dec 2003
1,472 Posts
More Photo's

I took some more photo's when I got home this evening, and also lowered the price a bit. There are some small spots where the mono-cote came off up by the canopy where I tape it on. The servo for the spoilers is shown now as well as the spoilers and how they actuate, and are assisted back down with the springs.

The center section is just shy of 8 feet, while each tip is spot on at 3 feet. Just a tad under 14' if you add it all together. One of the photo's shows the index peg on the center section took a hard landing and elongated a bit. Should be an easy fix with some bondo/epoxy filler.

Doug B.

Tape thrown in for measuring purposes. The fuse had the 1200 ma receiver battery, so that goes as well. Channel 54 crystal I believe in the Futaba Receiver.
Last edited by Twinboom; Mar 05, 2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 04:12 PM
Riverside, CA
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Nov 2004
97 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
Hey guys
I was with Doug when he was flying this for thermal deration. Wasn't the best day but it was flying great. This is a great deal
RLTBULLDOG is offline Find More Posts by RLTBULLDOG
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:39 PM
Joined Dec 2003
1,472 Posts
Thanks for the words Richard. This is a nice flying plane. I dropped the price a wee bit. Still fair for the wood alone. ha ha. Somebody make me an offer I can't refuse. I need to start a new project for the 2013 Fest....

Doogie
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:47 PM
Carlsbad, Ca
Joined Mar 2007
3,038 Posts
Trader Rating: 229
Very cool plane Doug,

Who ever gets this one should also pick up my friend's custom made 20' Olympic
chip.greely is offline Find More Posts by chip.greely
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:11 AM
Joined Dec 2003
1,472 Posts
Price reduced to 450.00

Hey gents, final price reduction. If no-one takes it at this price, I will hang onto it. Have a good one. I'll leave the post open so I can bump it later oif need be.

Doug B. twinboom@msn.com
Old Mar 08, 2012, 08:53 PM
rpm
United States, WA, Sequim
Joined Jan 2010
7 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
i have an interest in this glider.if the other guy's do not purchase then i think i will.keep me informed.760-612-5962
richard
rmoten is offline Find More Posts by rmoten
Old Mar 09, 2012, 11:45 PM
rpm
United States, WA, Sequim
Joined Jan 2010
7 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
did you read my message.did you sale the sailplane yet.i wanted to be in line after the other people.
thanks much,
richard 760-612-5962
rmoten is offline Find More Posts by rmoten
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:07 PM
Joined Dec 2003
1,472 Posts
Hey Richard, There is one Gent who sent me a PM yesterday morning. I have replied to him, and to you. If he takes it, or does not, I will call you as soon as I know. Where are you located? I have not checked my post and or email much this week, so answered everything this morning. Check your PM's gents. Thanks,

DDoug
Closed Thread