HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2012, 07:34 PM
Joined Aug 2006
210 Posts
Discussion
just got the e revo bl edition.. any upgrades?

I just got the e revo bl edition. I want to get an upgrade right off the bat if it needs one.. dont need any blings but something functional.. thnak.s.
playerpete is online now Find More Posts by playerpete
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2012, 07:55 PM
why am i here???????
United States, OR, Oregon City
Joined Mar 2009
714 Posts
go with rpm parts. very strong. have arms, front bumper, and hubs for mine.
traxxas13 is offline Find More Posts by traxxas13
Old Mar 05, 2012, 03:15 AM
Mt helena western australia
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
upgrade the drive shafts to the metal oner as u can tell the stock ones are about to go when they start twisting. A metal gear servo, a $20 hk one will be fine. New tyres, the stock ones are crap and have very little grip so get some proline badlands ( this is if ur driving offroad only). Last of all some lipos, id go 4s as anything more is stupidly op.
rangamatchstic is offline Find More Posts by rangamatchstic
Old Mar 06, 2012, 06:48 AM
United States, VA, Bedford
Joined Oct 2011
178 Posts
I wouldn't upgrade anything until it breaks.

What battery setup are you running? If you're still running the stock NiMhs, you won't have any issues for a long time, except for driver error issues. The stock batteries aren't strong enough to cause much damage.

RPM arms if you ever break the stock ones.

I would suggest stock Summit shafts as replacements, instead of metal ones. They are a lot cheaper, and they are as durable if not moreso than the metal ones. The metal ones don't twist, but they bend if you are bashing it.

Shim your differentials, check your bearings, install a front and rear chassis brace if you are doing a lot of big air jumps.

Buy the Castle Link software and adjust the punch control to the recommended bash settings.

Upgrade to LiPos if you haven't already. Stick with 4s to start with, 18/54 gearing. Plenty fast until you get used to running the truck. 6s will tear the truck apart if you aren't used to the power.
LaTuFu is offline Find More Posts by LaTuFu
Old Mar 07, 2012, 02:54 AM
Mt helena western australia
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
6s will just tear about ur car in general
rangamatchstic is offline Find More Posts by rangamatchstic
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:33 AM
why am i here???????
Joined Mar 2009
714 Posts
a erevo bl can run 6s you just have to be careful. I very rarely use 6s. only for high speed runs. Other than that i use a mix of 4s and 5s lipo for bashing.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 03:58 PM
Joined Aug 2006
210 Posts
I already have the lipo so wont need that as an upgrade..

I prefer the plastic driveshafts as its a weak pt. If i get the metal ones then there is no place to give, and all that pwr will be transferred to the drive train which will be more labor and $.. Let me know if im wrong.. Thanks..
playerpete is online now Find More Posts by playerpete
Old Mar 07, 2012, 05:39 PM
why am i here???????
Joined Mar 2009
714 Posts
upgrade the outer cv shafts to metal but keep the center chafts plastic thats gonna be your fail point. but even on plastic shafts all the way around you can blow out your diff on 6s. just got to be very careful.