HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2013, 02:24 PM
Joined Apr 2012
175 Posts
rcfreak, I've come across a couple of postings with the same symptoms. The same motor is also used in the corsair and 109, sounds like you ruled out the esc as the problem. Sometimes a short can develop in one of the motor windings from constant overheating or you probably have a bum motor.
Also, Dynam has been shipping a short connector now with some of their planes. It goes between the esc and receiver and boost the signal. Was supposed to help spektrum users with throttle issues.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1796388&page=4
highspeedirt is offline Find More Posts by highspeedirt
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2013, 06:57 PM
United States, TX, Johnson City
Joined Mar 2005
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreakazoid View Post
Ok ,so I changed out the stock esc to the Plush that i had, pulsating/sputtering stopped but the motor still screetches when i advance the throttle to fast.
Did or does anyone have this problem with the stock motor??

I was told by the vendor that the problem is usually a cold solder joint perhaps this may be with the stock esc because of the sputtering,but that stopped with the other esc i put in..Im sending the esc and motor back to the vendor.
I have a Tacon 32 i ordered for a future plane i planned on purchasing but im going to put it in the F.W. 190 and see how it goes.
In both of my Dynam Wacos I replaced the ESCs and in one the motor was making a lot of noise, I changed it out too. Now ever once and a while both motors will make some noise but no where like it was doing before.
Someone said in the thread (in Parkfliers) that the motor was failing and that is all it took for me to replace it. It only cost $25.00

Ken smith
Ken Smith is online now Find More Posts by Ken Smith
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:54 PM
United States, NY, Mineola
Joined Apr 2008
210 Posts
Tacon Bigfoot 32 Installed

Ken,
I Got the new motor and finally finished installing It today.
I used the X mount from the stock motor and it fit in after i changed the screws around.I used the screws from the Tacon X mount to motor for the firewall screws and the original x mount to original motor screws to the X mount to new motor.The reason i had to do this is that the diameter of the new motor is much larger and the original firewall screws had a flange on them that prevented me from using them being such a tight fit for this motor.
I hope this makes sense.
Anyway i had to order 3.5 mm to 4mm bullet connector adapters for the motor to esc.I didnt feel like resoldering my esc.
Here some shots i took showing the size difference of motors and some power output of the Tacon.The only thing that doesnt fit is the spinner.The prop adapter isnt long enough,but this motor has it where i could remove the screw on prop adapter remove the e clip and set screw screw push the shaft through reinstall eclip and setscrew and use the original collet type adapter/propshaft if i wanted to to install the spinner.
Amps a wot after settled some were at 54. this was all Static.
MaximumDeflection is offline Find More Posts by MaximumDeflection
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:07 PM
Joined Apr 2008
210 Posts
This motor runs smooth.No more screetching when i blip the throttle like with the stock motor.I used thread lock where applicable,ran a bead of ca around the firewall and on control horns.Im thinking of taping the control surfaces with something different then what i used.This motor is rated at 700 watts but ive seen some people claiming to use it at 1200 watts no problem.
Should be fun.
Motor was 40bucks shipped.
Hope this helps anyone looking for and ugrade in motor selection...
Later on.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:21 PM
United States, FL, Satellite Beach
Joined Jul 2012
523 Posts
Did an amp/watt check today as well, 4s and 5s 2200 40/80 SkyLipos
very slightly used 4s (for durafly P51 watt check) = 33a/475w
Fresh 5s = 45a/815w
Still have the stock 40a ESC and motor (stock prop) in it so when the amps stopped at 45 I didnt hold it for more than a 3 or 4 seconds.
comanch is offline Find More Posts by comanch
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:29 PM
Joined Apr 2008
210 Posts
I should of posted battery used,Its is a zippy flightmax 4s 3k 20-30c .2 years old with about 10 flights on it.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:39 PM
Joined Jul 2012
523 Posts
rcfreakazoid, looks good in there. Have a Suppo 3520 to put into the 109. checked the specs of your Tacon, they are close in dimension and output. Will be intersting to see how they fly with the extra weight in the nose. Definitely going to slide the batt aft.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:36 AM
Joined Apr 2008
210 Posts
Thanks Comanch.
Is the recommended CG close?I did have to move my battery aft a little.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:07 PM
Joined Jul 2012
523 Posts
Don't know rcfreakazoid, I just look at the wing to find the apex of the upper wing surface camber and adjust CG to be slightly forward of that. Doing this gives a slightly nose heavy CG.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:06 PM
AKA RTF
United States, NY, New York
Joined Mar 2011
217 Posts
I am waiting for some affordable 5c 2200 lipos to get back in stock to try out in my FW-190.This sounds like the sweet spot for this model. Flys nice with stock motor on 4c batt, but needs a bit more top end. Would be nice to see a few more motor upgrade options posted. Does anyone know the exact stock motor dimensions,IE: diameter and length. Or is it actually 37D 20L.Thanks
LindyFlya is offline Find More Posts by LindyFlya
Last edited by LindyFlya; Mar 03, 2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:33 PM
Joined Apr 2008
210 Posts
Lindyflya,Im guessing your from Lindenhurst L.I.?
Anyway it does look like the stock Motor is 37Dx20L.i put it up to a 35Dx48L Motor and it looks to be A bit larger in diameter and much shorter.I havent actually measured it but im betting that the #s are the dimensions of the can.Im sending my stock motor bac,It got extremely hot and screetched bad when i increased the throttle to fast.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 08:42 PM
Joined Apr 2008
210 Posts
Stock Motor

For those interested I did some fiddiling around before i sent the stock motor And esc back.I ended up hooking up the stock motor and esc to my 6 channel fm radio and wiggled the wires from the esc and motor around some.Motor and esc works Fine now.Im going to switch it back to a 2,4 system again and see how if theres any difference .Ill report back.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 12:26 AM
Joined Jul 2012
18 Posts
Hey guys, very helpfull thread here. Thanks to everyone who took part of it and took the time to help others like me.

After my maiden with the FW, I've upgraded it with a Turnigy G32 motor, a 70A esc and a 5A BEC. I fly it on 3S (3300mah 65-130C), which provides enough power for scale flight on a 13x8x3 prop. On 4S (Factory low discharge Lipo that comes with the RTF version) it is a beast, just too fast. Even with carbon rod wing reinforcement, the wings do flex at extreme situations. We've fitted a 5S battery in there and tested it on ground, but it just felt like the plane was going to fall apart at half throttle.

Really like this model, my first warbird, and very forgiving. With flaps and a rake mod on the landing gear, it's almost an everyday flyer. Flaps do 'inflate' the plane, or make it baloon, not too noticeable though.

Here's a (terrible) video of the maiden flight after the motor mod. It was quite windy and the space was really limited. I've flown planes into those trees that are around the site.

Dynam Focke Wulf 190 Maiden (3 min 55 sec)

The FW is in my opinion by far the best warbird that Dynam has to offer.
warbirdzzz is offline Find More Posts by warbirdzzz
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:40 PM
Joined Apr 2012
175 Posts
Warbirdzzz, I use a G32 530kv in my Dynam Corsair with a14x9x3 prop, nice motor. So far, I'm happy with the performance of the stock motor on the 190, plenty of speed and power. I did a split flap mod on mine recently and botched a few landings when it ballooned just before touchdown.
highspeedirt is offline Find More Posts by highspeedirt
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:13 PM
Johnny Rabuse
Joined Aug 2011
469 Posts
screeching motor ???

Timming issue get yourself a turnigy program card for the esc or a dynam one ... change the timimg and add the music ... problem solved
JohnnyCrash.NYC is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyCrash.NYC
RCG Plus Member