HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:55 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
After my crash, I cut the ailerons off and used Dubro hinges. One aileron just seemed sticky, But it's much better now. I use a Hobbywing 40amp esc now. take the fake cowl fan out and line the inside of the cowl with packing tape....you'll get 200% better airflow thru the plane....double check the balance of the prop/spinner combo....I finally got mine right and marked it....The spinner is badly unbalanced....
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:40 AM
A Global Force For Good
USA, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Jun 2009
730 Posts
Digital Servo's ???

A word of caution about the use of digital servo's. The intent behind the creation of the digital servo was to give precision to those who need it, mainly precision aerobatic pilots of both the plane and heli ilks.

Because digital servos are constantly hunting center, they eat up battery power exponentially and most ESC's (standard Castle ICE for instance) can handle only two digital servo's on line at a time. The addition of a third, a forth or more could soon have you scratching your head and possibly scraping your plane off the pavement.

Although there is no need to use digital servo's in a warbird, if it's what you wish to do, then make sure the ESC you intend to use can handle the load.
jmpdgs is offline Find More Posts by jmpdgs
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:40 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
just got back from a couple flights in 10mph wind.....This plane always feels like it's gonna stall....it feels so wheezy......I firewalled it and it just putzed along.....My Funcub might be as fast and in better control....I read somewhere the 650kv motor is a better choice? But I need to upgrade the esc to a 50-60 amp??
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:02 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
just got back from a couple flights in 10mph wind.....This plane always feels like it's gonna stall....it feels so wheezy......I firewalled it and it just putzed along.....My Funcub might be as fast and in better control....I read somewhere the 650kv motor is a better choice? But I need to upgrade the esc to a 50-60 amp??
The newer Dynam 3D planes come with the 650kv motors and a 50A ESC. That setup would be a little more entertaining that the stock config. It would definitely be greater than a 1 to 1 power ratio.

Kman
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:25 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
13 Posts
Hi guys, Small problem I have. Im new to electric models, (do fly helis though) Anyway I stuck my 190 into a tree, It fell out and landed on the nose. lucky only broke prop and a scratch or two. Removed cowl made a few adjustnents no damage to engine mount. Went to fit the new prop and my engine shaft is about half inch to short. No room for the nut or spinner. No I had not been drinking. Question.............Can the shaft move, can it push through the windings. I know its possibly pressed on. Can I after removing motor could I pull the shaft out a bit. It must have gone in can it come back. Motor runs fine with no bent shaft. Any ideas. Thanks
Waterman1711 is offline Find More Posts by Waterman1711
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:39 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,385 Posts
Waterman - it is possible to have the shaft slip through the motor. It is held in place by the grub screw on the front of the motor. Loosen the grub screw and pull the shaft back into place. Then retighten the grub screw. Just don't pull it too tight or it could cause you overheating issues when you fire the motor on.

Kman
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:48 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
13 Posts
Thanks Kman. Bye the way my 190 is from HK. It flys well. How the hell do you unscrew the phillips head scews that bolt motor to engine mount. The motor covers the scews
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:15 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterman1711 View Post
Thanks Kman. Bye the way my 190 is from HK. It flys well. How the hell do you unscrew the phillips head scews that bolt motor to engine mount. The motor covers the scews
Is yours this one...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=22916

Kman
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:40 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
13 Posts
Kman yes thats the one. good value plane. But Dynams ME262 is fantastic.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:55 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
4,996 Posts
Quote:
This motor is 500kv which is perfect for 5s or 6s. I flew mine on 5s and it became a totally different plane. I used a 60amp ESC with a UBEC just to be safe and it worked out perfect! Only upgrade you need is the ESC and 5s pack...
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:06 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterman1711 View Post
Kman yes thats the one. good value plane. But Dynams ME262 is fantastic.
I can't see the motor mount from those pictures on their website, but typically you unscrew the X-mount from the front, pull it and the motor from the firewall, and then you can access the screws in the back.

Yes, Dynams ME262 is an impressive plane. I would love to have one, too

Kman
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:05 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
Okay, My plane has gone done again. smashed cowl/prop/wing. same scenario as before. plane flipped to the left in a right turn this time with no control. rx status light was off. battery plugged in. SO again the plane shut off while flying.....

So no more Dynam ARF and RTF's. I can't stress enough to stop anyone from buying them...
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:33 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,385 Posts
Quote:
Okay, My plane has gone done again. smashed cowl/prop/wing. same scenario as before. plane flipped to the left in a right turn this time with no control. rx status light was off. battery plugged in. SO again the plane shut off while flying.....

So no more Dynam ARF and RTF's. I can't stress enough to stop anyone from buying them...
Sorry to hear Jim

Kman
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:20 PM
Warbird Madness
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Dec 2006
242 Posts
Hey Waterman 1711,
I also have the HK FW-190. The bell motor is held onto the mount by 2 hex type set screws located between the motor and the mount. They screw down onto the rear motor shaft. I used loc tight on mine and the set screws got stripped when I tried to remove the motor. I could not remove the motor from the mount. I used a flat bladed screwdriver to wedge behind the mount to pull it away from the plywood backing enough to get ahold of the mount screw heads with needle nose plyers and was able to remove the motor mount that way. The replacement motor came with a new mount so I didn't need to reuse the original motor mount. The only issue I now have with the new motor is that it only flys for about 4.5 minutes while the original motor flew for about 6 minutes with a 2200 40C Nanotec battery.
Sharperguy is offline Find More Posts by Sharperguy
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:23 PM
AKA RTF
United States, NY, New York
Joined Mar 2011
221 Posts
Got a few flights in today at the beach.Winds gusting to at least 20mph,she flew nice and looks awesome, but on one not particularly hard landing I noticed one retract had started to push through the wing.That ended the day for the FW190 but had trusty old PZ T-28 with retracts on a power10 with 4 cell 2200 in it.This plane flies through the winds like nobody's business.Flew her mostly on half throttle.Love this bird.Also had my FMS F-5 freedom fighter edf,also on 4c1800.Could not believe how stable this thing is in high winds also.Amazing.Well,got some retract fixing to do,going to reinforce the gear mount best I can.
LindyFlya is offline Find More Posts by LindyFlya