HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Feb 2012
193 Posts
Discussion
First LiPo plane, need some help connecting

Hi,

I just received my first LiPo plane (Dynam Spitfire 1200mm).

The battery connector in the plane looks like this:

The battery that came with looks like this:

All clear so fat.

I also separately ordered a balance charger:

It has the following adapter for balance connectors:

And the following connectors:

I also ordered a couple of extra batteries, but unfortunately with a different connectors thats on the plane:

So I have a couple of questions.

1. As the charger did not include any cordings for the type of connector I have on the dynamo battery that came with the plane, how do I charge it using this charger. Can I use the cord in the middle on the picture above, where I simply connect the T-connector to the charger and "snap" on the other ends on the battery? Or would that be not safe?

2. As you can see, the balance connectors on the batteries look a bit different. The plug it self looks the same, but the colors of the cords are different, can both be connected to the lower right socket on the screen above?

3. How would I go about to connect the batteries with the T-connections to the plane, are there any adapters?
R0yalty is offline Find More Posts by R0yalty
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:11 PM
RC Helicopter Pilot
United States, CA, Westminster
Joined Mar 2010
1,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0yalty View Post

1. As the charger did not include any cordings for the type of connector I have on the dynamo battery that came with the plane, how do I charge it using this charger. Can I use the cord in the middle on the picture above, where I simply connect the T-connector to the charger and "snap" on the other ends on the battery? Or would that be not safe?
Yes
Yes
If you be careful, yes

Quote:
2. As you can see, the balance connectors on the batteries look a bit different. The plug it self looks the same, but the colors of the cords are different, can both be connected to the lower right socket on the screen above?
If they fit in the board they are right no matter what color the wires are. Most likely the red or the black wire is in the same place.

Quote:
3. How would I go about to connect the batteries with the T-connections to the plane, are there any adapters?
You may need to either buy an adapter or change a plug somewhere so everything is the same.
TheWoodCrafter is offline Find More Posts by TheWoodCrafter