Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Jyester, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 02:12 PM
Jyester
Massachusettes
Joined May 2010
128 Posts
Discussion
Why does spectrum have so much control

Why is spectrum such a successful company other than the price and quality of their product. I fly futuba and I like it! I like the feel of the transmitter and the linked in feeling when I fly. Had a bad spectrum radio dx6i killed two planes sent it back via hobby shop won a radio at a fly in futuba 6ex fasst system but I traded up for a 6j . The Rec. Are affordable vs. The Fasst. the 6J is s-FHSS with 15 model memory more than enough. I think spectrum has done so well because of the Bnf, PnP, Rtf. With all these umx's flying around it's hard to resist the spectrum fever. Even with my futuba radio I still long to buy a small anything plane and go fly! It's useful when you don't have the time, space, or skills to build or assemble a plane of good quality. Can anyone give me other reasons why spectrum rules the market? Why hasn't these other manufacturers put out viable systems to maintain an evenness in the hobby market. Plus why haven't these other guys lowered their prices to compete with spectrum, or even jumped in bed with a company producing indoor/ micro planes and heli's?
Jyester is online now Find More Posts by Jyester
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2012, 04:26 PM
Build straight - Fly twisty
Australia, QLD, Little Mountain
Joined Feb 2010
4,172 Posts
Good questions.
My Spectrum owning friends have plane-killing control issues from time to time, but I never have any with my FASST system. Or with a HK $30 2.4ghz thing either, which I have flown very high and quite wide.
One of the funny quirks of human nature, I guess, how an inferior product becomes the popular one.
Whiskers is offline Find More Posts by Whiskers
Old Mar 04, 2012, 05:32 PM
Asheville, NC
Joined Mar 2009
282 Posts
Jyester,

Have you looked into the AnylinkŪ??

http://www.tacticrc.com/tacj2000.html

I bought one and use it to fly my Flyzone Micro Albatros with my Futaba 7C.

Mark
Scirocco14 is online now Find More Posts by Scirocco14
Old Mar 05, 2012, 06:31 AM
Jyester
Massachusettes
Joined May 2010
128 Posts
I think what's happening here is a overwhelming amount of products geared towards Bnf,PnP,rtf yes you have options but these options may or may not work for you if your not flying spectrum. I looked at the any-link and I think it will do well, but I like to scratchbuild! Finding useable liteweight parts posses a challenge. If wanted to build a foamy under 40grams I'd be running around find or looking to find what I need. With spectrum all you need is the brick and motor bam! You've got your self a plane!
Jyester is online now Find More Posts by Jyester