HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by mandevil, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Jun 2011
114 Posts
Discussion
GoPro first flight

Today we went to a slope and tried some soaring. There was some lift, but not enough to sustain flight, though paragliders were soaring nicely nearby. Maybe the spot I was on wasn't very good. I also crashed a little, but nothing got broken. Then we moved to another location and after quick test I put on my GoPro HD Hero and spent rest of the time flying with the camera attached. I made some 45 minutes of footage (on two batteries). Flying was OK, nothing unexpected happened (apart from my accidental switching off throttle and gliding to unexpected landing), wings were holding just fine, even ESC wasn't sliding off its velcro strip. Great.

Unfortunately, the footage is quite disappointing. The flight is very unsteady and I don't have good idea why it is. I reviewed my previous raw videos and they are definitely steadier. My hope is that the wind was rather gusty and that flying in better conditions will yield better video, but I'm bit dubious about it. Well, I have to wait and see.

I'll post the video when it's ready (that's gonna be at least several day, just first pass of Deshaker is about 6 hours).

BTW, I used up 4150 mAh (in three batteries).
mandevil is offline Find More Posts by mandevil
Last edited by mandevil; Mar 04, 2012 at 03:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts