It's a Festivus for the rest of us! Thanks Thomas
NorCal Hobbies is offline Find More Posts by NorCal Hobbies
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:43 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,639 Posts
Reminds me a lot of my new Polaris. I guess that means you have good taste in models. As if we didn't already know we liked similar planes. Looking forward to reading a flight report.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:51 PM
Fly it like U stole it
Champaign, Il
Joined Mar 2008
2,425 Posts
Off to a slow start on mine, but I have 'till spring right

I must say I am liking the quality of this one. The fuse and tails are top notch, and light and strong to boot. The wing is very stiff and light as well. Loving the full CF

Matt
Pickle72 is online now Find More Posts by Pickle72
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:05 PM
Aurora Builder
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Nov 2003
3,501 Posts
Thomas, what's the status on the one-piece molded wings? I might have to put myself on that list...
samc99us is online now Find More Posts by samc99us
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:29 PM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,205 Posts
Weee!!!!! Looks good Matt, I'm glad you like it! Hope spring comes sooner and you can go fly it!

Sam, wing design is done, tails almost complete and waiting for fuse design to be finished. Hoping to get a couple in the air by the WC, and producing after that....fingers crossed. I know I've been badly burned this year for being too optimistic about things!!! :P
ThomasLee is offline Find More Posts by ThomasLee
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Neos Layups
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:09 PM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,205 Posts
Anyone have their new Neos' in the air yet?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:45 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
United States, CA, Lake Elsinore
Joined Aug 2003
4,196 Posts
NOPE!!! Not me. Not yet. I don't see a red and amber trimmed carbon wing yet!

Jun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee View Post
jcats is online now Find More Posts by jcats
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:57 PM
Joined Jan 2008
4,527 Posts
ThomasLee:

I'll get one in the air, when I get mine. Any guesses as to further deliveries?

Yours, Greg
glidermang is offline Find More Posts by glidermang
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:12 AM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,205 Posts
Jun, still working on the drawings for your red yellow black carbon mouldie monster! Will it be ready for WC? I really hope so!
I'm working with a few builders in Europe to bring this bad boy out, once the drawings are done in a couple weeks I hope to start getting things prepped. I musn't be too idealistic all the time though...!! :P

Since I've made hints to it a few times, I'll just give some brief background on the new Neos project, it is a solid core mouldie. Wing is based on the current Neos wing, with a slightly smaller area and modified tips and root areas to boost L/D and launch height. I do not expect float to be sacrificed, though it may require slightly more pilot workload compared to the almost 'hands off' experience of the current Neos.

Fuselage is completely redesigned by James H, I can't give complete details on it yet as some things still might change, but the gist is a mid-wing with a wing/fuse connection similar to the Stobels/Steigeisens/Salpeters. Tail group will be conventional. There's something funny going on in the nose area, more on that later

This is produced in separately from the current Neos, and I hope to have a batch of early models ready to fly the WC with. Fingers crossed!

Tentatively the new plane will be called Neos HP (high performance).

---------

An IMPORTANT update on the current Neos:

Unfortunately I was made aware that my builder's back injury has been resurfacing a week ago, leaving him less time to build and more time in bed. I just got word that it appears to have worsened over the past few days. He will be taking things slowly for now, his health is my top priority right now. As a result the production will be slowed down until he regains better health.

If you have further questions/concerns regarding your delivery dates, PLEASE email me.

At this time I will not be accepting any new orders for the current Neos, until the waitlist has been fully cleared.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ThomasLee; Dec 29, 2012 at 12:37 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:22 AM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,205 Posts
Few teaser shots of the progress!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:14 AM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,205 Posts
Hi Greg,
Looking at my records I quoted sometime in the latter part of Dec, but due to the earlier cnc problems and now my friend's health problems, my best guess will be sometime March. If you have further concerns please send me an email, thank you for understanding.

Thomas
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:11 AM
PWR
Denmark
Joined Oct 2006
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee View Post
Hi Thomas

No not me.

To get them in the air, you have to have to have them in hand.

I think it's the longest "6 weeks delivery time" I have experienced, and now it seems it pulls out even further.

The last delivery date you gave me was 6. January, what date we're talking now?

It's not good business.

Happy New Year Thomas
PWR is offline Find More Posts by PWR
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:11 AM
Jeff Carr
Ft. Mill SC / Charlotte NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,704 Posts
Oh come On. He is one guy who gave you a simple answer to why production is slowed down. You will get it when it comes. I believe giving updates as he has done is good business practice.

Maybe he should have told everyone but you. lol

Jeff
Goinav8n is offline Find More Posts by Goinav8n
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:36 AM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,205 Posts
I cannot deny that I have been too inexperienced and idealistic when quoting the original delivery times using our old production speed. I have learned from that and from now on will not stop production of earlier version models until the newer version is producing, and will not accept orders on new models until everything is already running smooth.

Jeff, thank you very much for understanding, your box is packed and labelled and will head out Monday morning.

john, your two kits are going out Monday as well.

Tim, my builder is really hopeful he can get the wings to me by the 2nd for me to trim and ship on the 3rd.

I believe the one after that is Chris D's and then Palle's, going from memory. Depending on his condition and how much time he is able to spend in the workshop between rest, we are *hoping* to get your's finished before the 13th. I understand it must be frustrating for you right now and I pray you understand our situation.

Yours,
Thomas
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ThomasLee; Dec 29, 2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:08 AM
Joined Feb 2007
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinav8n View Post
Oh come On. He is one guy who gave you a simple answer to why production is slowed down. You will get it when it comes. I believe giving updates as he has done is good business practice.

Maybe he should have told everyone but you. lol

Jeff
+ 1000000!

Every dlg manufacturer I have ordered from and for me it's been quite a few has had major delay times that were unexpected. At least Thomas is honest and communicates this when the issue arises which at this point I consider a bonus in comparison to the others. Try getting a custom colored 3+ meter TD ship from the Ukraine! It will get to you in 3 different shipments at twice the quoted lead time which for me will probably amount to 3-5 months

PWR cut the melodrama.
NorCal Hobbies is offline Find More Posts by NorCal Hobbies