HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:23 PM
Joined Feb 2007
703 Posts
MKS now? LMK what you find works Jun.

I had a chance to fling my buddy's Textreme NEOS last weekend. Very nice flying plane. Nice balance of float and run. Coordinated turns{AKA you have to have a rudder} were very nice. I dig it enough to put in my order for one. Thanks Thomas.
NorCal Hobbies is offline Find More Posts by NorCal Hobbies
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:28 PM
Monroe, Wa
Joined Aug 2005
364 Posts
Rudder, ya got to have a rudder man! Thomas are you listening?
DBSkyout is offline Find More Posts by DBSkyout
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:48 PM
Woodinville, WA
Joined Jul 2009
442 Posts
+1

Joseph
JoeCube is offline Find More Posts by JoeCube
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:42 PM
Seattle, Wa
Joined May 2006
88 Posts
Yea flying with no rudder is like flying with one eye shut, or half a wing. you can make it work but why would you want to! But the Neos ROCKS!
freya is offline Find More Posts by freya
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:48 PM
Monroe, Wa
Joined Aug 2005
364 Posts
DBSkyout is offline Find More Posts by DBSkyout
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:58 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
United States, CA, Lake Elsinore
Joined Aug 2003
4,200 Posts
Dry fitted mks6100 now at the original servo location behind the spar. The front of the servo fits nicely but the rear of the servo sticks out about 1mm. I do not want to cut another servo bay in front of the spar but if I did, i think the servo will stay buried. The control horn will have to stick out about 2mm to have any meaningful servo resolution.
I'm using the 6100s in other planes so I know that they work nicely in the wings if you can work with their 10mm thickness. I also have them installed for rudder/elevator.

Yeah, Thomas, rudder. Lol!

The minimum dihedral suggestion for the Neos wing is 5.5". That's what I did with mine and I was wondering if you guys tried more dihedral? I think 6 to 6.5 inch dihedral 'might' be better. Anyone?

Jun
jcats is online now Find More Posts by jcats
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:29 AM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,255 Posts
Absolutely no idea what a rudder is, I thought we're talking about planes, not boats?

HAhaha, no problem at all, if you want a rudder let me know and I will definitely cut one in for 'ya! We've been building all of them with a hinge just for that reason

My new prototype will be made with 6 degrees of dihedral, will see if that gets incorporated into the kits.

Some updates on the production:
We initially planned on being able to start shipping new kits out in the beginning of September, but unfortunately met with some delays. We chose to custom build our CNC machine rather than buying one off the shelf in hopes of saving some money and to allow the machine to fit our requirements better. In hind-sight, if we bought one off the shelf we should have been able to start shipping kits out on time. Some of the custom parts were delayed from the milling shop for a couple weeks, until we were finally fed up and commissioned another shop to do it. The whole ordeal put us back 5-6 weeks unfortunately....

The good news is, we have the machine 'running' for about a week now, so the end is near (end of the waiting that is)!!! It's a holiday right now with the Mid-Autumn festival coinciding with the National Holiday, so everyone is back home with their families until late next week before we start finishing the calibrating and cutting out some jigs. Hopefully we will be able to start sending parts out in a few weeks time.

Sorry about the delay guys! This should mainly affect the planes scheduled to deliver in September/October/and part of November. Things should be caught up by the time we get to the orders scheduled for December as I got smart and left some room for error on the later orders.

It will be worth the wait.

Thomas
ThomasLee is online now Find More Posts by ThomasLee
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Neos Layups
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:37 AM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,255 Posts
Nick, get it ready for the October contest!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:38 AM
SCSA - Nick Wu
China, Guangdong, Guangzhou
Joined Apr 2009
921 Posts
Sure, And I will add rudder too.lol~~~~
nickbox is offline Find More Posts by nickbox
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:49 AM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,255 Posts
bad boy....
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:17 PM
Woodinville, WA
Joined Jul 2009
442 Posts
What an undertaking to produce dlg kits! Don't know if I'd have the courage! If I had this stuff called money, I'd probably be on the wait list for one (with a rudder) sorry Thomas It's nice that you provide the option cuz I'd probably destroy the vertical trying it myself.

I timed for someone that had one at a contest a couple weeks back and that thing ROCKS! I wish mine could cover that much ground so easily. And as tough as a rock too: at a visually confusing moment it smacked the ground hard! and I thought, this thing's gotta hurt. He picked it back up and couldn't find anything amiss. Flew the rest of the contest on it if I'm not mistaken.

Joseph
JoeCube is offline Find More Posts by JoeCube
Old Sep 30, 2012, 01:06 AM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Sep 2008
2,510 Posts
Neos / Australia / For sale

Neos latest full ST wing

Tahzmo Ail servo's
JR 285 ELE servo
Standard tailset. Rudder is rudderless no hinge, may need new one
Rhino 360mah lipo and reg 5V

$600 RTF add rx. + postage
AlpineDSacro is offline Find More Posts by AlpineDSacro
Old Sep 30, 2012, 05:59 PM
a.k.a. GlideZilla
Australia, VIC, Macleod
Joined Sep 2003
203 Posts
Why selling?
Dean.roberts is offline Find More Posts by Dean.roberts
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:31 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
United States, CA, Lake Elsinore
Joined Aug 2003
4,200 Posts
Mks6100's made a huge difference! Ailerons are solid now.
All I need now is a battery upgrade. 1000mah 1s lipo is starting to sound really good.
My 400mah viper nihms took a dump at 30mins.

Jun
jcats is online now Find More Posts by jcats
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:04 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcats View Post
Mks6100's made a huge difference! Ailerons are solid now.
All I need now is a battery upgrade. 1000mah 1s lipo is starting to sound really good.
My 400mah viper nihms took a dump at 30mins.

Jun
30 min?! I get almost 2 hours on a 250 mAh NiMh running all digitals. I'd say either those are some seriously power hungry servos or something else is probably going on.
bwill6 is online now Find More Posts by bwill6