HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:55 AM
Fly it like U stole it
Champaign, Il
Joined Mar 2008
2,428 Posts
Thanks for the update, and no rush. Just worry about making a great part. We can wait

Matt
Pickle72 is online now Find More Posts by Pickle72
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:36 PM
United States, SC, Mt Pleasant
Joined Nov 2003
1,208 Posts
I did some painting today and added a new vertical. The paint should help with orientation in the air and the new vertical with rudder flies really nice. Still could use just a bit lighter tails to completely remove all the weight from the nose but its not bad. AUW is 285 grams with two JR 285s, two Hyperions in the wing, 1S 500mah lipo and Specktrum rx.
hohensej is offline Find More Posts by hohensej
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Information
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:56 PM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
7,082 Posts
The Neos wins again. Dave took top honors at the PSSF Olympia contest today. Congrats Dave.
davidjensen is offline Find More Posts by davidjensen
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:16 PM
Woodinville, WA
Joined Jul 2009
442 Posts
Looks nice James, makes the wing look like it came out of a video game. DLG is so much better than video games. I don't know if you know yet, but I've been flying your old XP5 with much delight. Thanks for not destroying it so I could eventually have it.

Congrats Dave! glad to hear the Olympia contest wasn't completely rained out.

Joseph
JoeCube is offline Find More Posts by JoeCube
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:34 PM
Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Patricks Island
Joined Nov 2005
630 Posts
Love your bird man! and the colour.

Not to change the subject, but is running on the 1s 500mah lipo sufficient power?
and how long will that give you in flight time??

Regards

Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohensej View Post
AUW is 285 grams with two JR 285s, two Hyperions in the wing, 1S 500mah lipo and Specktrum rx.
drmgcm is offline Find More Posts by drmgcm
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:50 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jan 2011
59 Posts
what kind of paint

Quote:
I did some painting today and added a new vertical. The paint should help with orientation in the air and the new vertical with rudder flies really nice. Still could use just a bit lighter tails to completely remove all the weight from the nose but its not bad. AUW is 285 grams with two JR 285s, two Hyperions in the wing, 1S 500mah lipo and Specktrum rx.
HI!

Would like to know what kind of paint you used?
I'm struggling with Neose's orientation in the skies.

Thanks
Lev11081955 is offline Find More Posts by Lev11081955
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:17 AM
United States, SC, Mt Pleasant
Joined Nov 2003
1,208 Posts
For the white, I used Epoxy White Krylon spray paint. It's supposed to be used on appliances but it had fewer chemicals then some of the other spray paints so I gave it a try. The green is just the fluresant green sign paint. What ever you end up buying try it out first and spray it on light, slowly building up the color.

I have not flown out the battery yet but have flown for an hour and only put 180 mah back in the pack. Pack voltage under load at that time was 4 volts so I am not too worried about power, in fact I just bought a bunch of 650 mah batteries to upgrade my Stobels with. The interesting thing is I can take weight out of the nose with these new packs even though they are lighter because they take up less space and everything can move forward. I think that is the real benefit of 1S systems. YMMV though.

James
hohensej is offline Find More Posts by hohensej
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Information
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:54 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,240 Posts
I used orange Krylon on my Mystic after flying it for a while, but the paint dusts off really easily. Is there a trick to getting a nice, smooth coat that doesn't rub off?
bwill6 is offline Find More Posts by bwill6
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:26 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jan 2011
59 Posts
Quote:
For the white, I used Epoxy White Krylon spray paint. It's supposed to be used on appliances but it had fewer chemicals then some of the other spray paints so I gave it a try. The green is just the fluresant green sign paint. What ever you end up buying try it out first and spray it on light, slowly building up the color.

I have not flown out the battery yet but have flown for an hour and only put 180 mah back in the pack. Pack voltage under load at that time was 4 volts so I am not too worried about power, in fact I just bought a bunch of 650 mah batteries to upgrade my Stobels with. The interesting thing is I can take weight out of the nose with these new packs even though they are lighter because they take up less space and everything can move forward. I think that is the real benefit of 1S systems. YMMV though.

James
Thank you James!
Lev11081955 is offline Find More Posts by Lev11081955
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:11 PM
Joined Nov 2005
630 Posts
Thanks for the info James,

It's really interesting the 1s power concept, I'll be having a play around with that in time, was just curious how people are getting on with it.

Thanks again.

Danny

Quote:

James
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:19 PM
SCSA - Nick Wu
China, Guangdong, Guangzhou
Joined Apr 2009
921 Posts
Got my Neos from Thomas, Great work man!

Will update my building progress soon.
nickbox is offline Find More Posts by nickbox
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined Nov 2005
630 Posts
Wow Nickbox,

Now that's one sweet looking DLG, the Neos has changed alot!, looking forward to seeing your building progress.

Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbox View Post
Got my Neos from Thomas, Great work man!

Will update my building progress soon.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:05 PM
Fly it like U stole it
Champaign, Il
Joined Mar 2008
2,428 Posts
Looken good!
Pickle72 is online now Find More Posts by Pickle72
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:05 PM
United States, AZ, Arizona City
Joined Sep 2001
5,011 Posts
Regarding fluoro paint. I understand that top sealing it with a clear really helps. Clear topcoat from the auto store might work best.

If you try it, let us know how it turns out.

Gary
GaryO is offline Find More Posts by GaryO
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:18 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
United States, CA, Lake Elsinore
Joined Aug 2003
4,200 Posts
I just pulled the d47s from my Neos wing...
jcats is online now Find More Posts by jcats