HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:29 AM
Joined Feb 2012
30 Posts
Discussion
"Warranty" provided by DJI - means absence of warranty !

Hi guys.
about one month ago i ordered so long expected wookong M.... It was received by me here in Ukraine in local hobby shop and as i findout they received it from flying hobby.... After alot of atempts to get GPS lock - from 14 min to 4 hrs - i try
to flew my bird without any GPS sattelites found in GPS Atti mode, and after abt 5 min of tuning of PIDs for roll/pitch it unexpectedly turn to some direction and proceed straight from me without any reaction to the sticks! after it flew abt 50 m from me without reaction to stiks - it finally crashed into a tree. there was no serious damages exluding 1 ESC and 2 props. after connecting power it was continuosly fast blinking- saying that it recorder some home lock or course lock with IOC setting off in wookong assistant menu! so it was necessary to turn it on and turn off that lock to put copter in normal state....
Same day i opened the GPS dome and findout that GPS antenna has a crack! but case and mainboard have no any damages!
Name: IMAG0041.jpg
Views: 208
Size: 105.2 KB
Description:

Name: IMAG0038.jpg
Views: 194
Size: 80.7 KB
Description:
After i contacted DJI regarding replacement of this part by warranty - there was no response for about 1 week - like i was writing somewhere on Mars. Today i receive an E-mail from them where said that in case if DJI product received by me not from official distributor - it means void of warranty! Nothing about this written in warranty card/warranty agreement! so this guys just looking for any reason to void warranty! Also you will not receive any adequate support from them if something "unusual" will happen - like your copter with wookong M and Mark II will fly somewhere - for example into the sea by its own....
Zmeyuko is offline Find More Posts by Zmeyuko
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:50 AM
Joined Jan 2007
4,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmeyuko View Post
Hi guys.
about one month ago i ordered so long expected wookong M.... It was received by me here in Ukraine in local hobby shop and as i findout they received it from flying hobby.... After alot of atempts to get GPS lock - from 14 min to 4 hrs - i try
to flew my bird without any GPS sattelites found in GPS Atti mode, and after abt 5 min of tuning of PIDs for roll/pitch it unexpectedly turn to some direction and proceed straight from me without any reaction to the sticks! after it flew abt 50 m from me without reaction to stiks - it finally crashed into a tree. there was no serious damages exluding 1 ESC and 2 props. after connecting power it was continuosly fast blinking- saying that it recorder some home lock or course lock with IOC setting off in wookong assistant menu! so it was necessary to turn it on and turn off that lock to put copter in normal state....
Same day i opened the GPS dome and findout that GPS antenna has a crack! but case and mainboard have no any damages!
Attachment 4683050

Attachment 4683052
After i contacted DJI regarding replacement of this part by warranty - there was no response for about 1 week - like i was writing somewhere on Mars. Today i receive an E-mail from them where said that in case if DJI product received by me not from official distributor - it means void of warranty! Nothing about this written in warranty card/warranty agreement! so this guys just looking for any reason to void warranty! Also you will not receive any adequate support from them if something "unusual" will happen - like your copter with wookong M and Mark II will fly somewhere - for example into the sea by its own....
I believe, in order to get warranty, you have to send it back to "Flying Hobby", not your local dealer. If "Flying Hobby" is not an official dealer, then they have to send it to the official dealer that they bought it from. A long convoluted process but better than just letting it sit there.

- Jeff
Canadian Geek is offline Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:58 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,270 Posts
Depending on were you are your warranty "may" reside with the retailer , in the UK i would send it back to whom i bought it from.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Mar 04, 2012, 09:17 AM
Joined Feb 2012
30 Posts
Hi
Thanks for your comments guys. I receved this item with warranty card. In warranty agreement stated that it between me - final consumer and DJI. Also in this warranty card stated following - "In countries where the product is not distributed by DJI, service is provided by DJI headquarter". So i contacted the headquarter and get warranty void due to buying this item from non authorized dealer !!!
In any case i already removed it from the board and waiting for new antenna to solder it on.
Just wanted to warn all of you that in case of ANY problems - DJI ll do outmost everything for warranty void!
Old Mar 04, 2012, 09:18 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Hi
Thanks for your comments guys. I receved this item with warranty card. In warranty agreement stated that it between me - final consumer and DJI. Also in this warranty card stated following - "In countries where the product is not distributed by DJI, service is provided by DJI headquarter". So i contacted the headquarter and get warranty void due to buying this item from non authorized dealer !!!
Flying hobby is most definitely an authorized DJI dealer.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Old Mar 04, 2012, 09:27 AM
Joined Feb 2012
30 Posts
Thanks for information, TC, but they also dont respond regarding this case to local hobby shop, owner of which is my good friend for more than week! Actually its first time i meet such "support" from somebody... I'm not a newbie in copters - and for this moment coptercontrol is still my favorite... waiting for openpilot. here is my channel on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/zmeyuko77?feature=guide
Old Mar 04, 2012, 10:48 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,986 Posts
Zmeyuko, it seems your issue is with Flying Hobby, not with DJI. DJI places a lot of responsibility on their dealers vs back to them. That is what the dealer is getting paid to do. If they do not respond, then I would let DJI know. But you need to pursue your claim against Flying Hobby.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:02 AM View Post
Zmeyuko
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). It is temporarily hidden while Zmeyuko edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:14 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,986 Posts
There are many examples of DJI and Dealer support for their products; motors, escs, pmu's, imu's, mu's, and GPS units. Your's is not the usual but the unusual. I understand your frustration and anger. I would be the same way if it happened to me. I would continue to pursue your options.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:24 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
I will take your case to Flying Hobby in the morning. If you don't hear from them in two days. Drop me a PM with the hardware ID and your mailing address, I will take care of both you and flying hobby at the same time, the later won't the same you will receive. You will get the replacement part.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Feb 2012
30 Posts
i dont need nothing at this moment from this DJI. As i was out of service as a final customer of this device who already made 9 quad/hexa/octo copters for FINAL customers on diff IMUs
i'm just warning any future customers not to buy any kind of devices from this company as
you ll never get any support or warranty replace.
I'm really angry and upset due to absence of quality control of their "industrial made" device
BTW TE - how many devices sold ? i mean wookong M ? 1 million ? they have my E-mail address after initialization/first install of assistance software - so what is the question ?!
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:39 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,108 Posts
Quote:
i dont need nothing at this moment from this DJI. As i was out of service as a final customer of this device who already made 9 quad/hexa/octo copters for FINAL customers on diff IMUs
i'm just warning any future customers not to buy any kind of devices from this company as
you ll never get any support or warranty replace.
I'm really angry and upset due to absence of quality control of their "industrial made" device
BTW TE - how many devices sold ? i mean wookong M ? 1 million ? they have my E-mail address after initialization/first install of assistance software - so what is the question ?!
WOW even though your problem is not with DJI you still blame them. ALL DJI products purchsed from a DJI dealer and not direct MUST let me repeat cus you dont seem to understand MUST contact there "DEALER" for warranty. You dont want to blame your dealer cus he is your friend so you try to make DJI look bad. As you can see others disagree with you and feel the same way and that ALL warranty claims MUST be handled through your "DEALER" NOT DJI.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:42 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
I will take your case to Flying Hobby in the morning. If you don't hear from them in two days. Drop me a PM with the hardware ID and your mailing address, I will take care of both you and flying hobby at the same time, the later won't the same you will receive. You will get the replacement part.
I think you might have missed the fact that he did not buy from Flying Hobby. He bought from his Local Hobby Shop who bought it from FH.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:52 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,986 Posts
@Zmeyuko

I don't understand. A senior representative from DJI offers to intercede on your behalf and you go, "I don't need nothing at this moment from DJI." Do you want your problem solved or not? If your purpose here is just to bitch then I have no sympathy for you and it makes me wonder about your motives in making this thread. As I said before, there are many instances of excellent customer service from DJI and it's dealers. Sidney's offer to you is an example of that service.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:52 AM
Joined Feb 2012
30 Posts
hey Tony wassup ?
did you read warranty agreement ? who you are ? what you want to provide ?
He bought it from FH and have all necessary confirmations. So who you blaming ? me or him ?
or youre one of such "official dealers" who not listed on their site ? This Vivian offered me to buy from some guy Artyom who not listed on their site also. So what u tryinf to push in my head ?!
Closed Thread