HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:52 AM
Registered User
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,436 Posts
Can anyone here tell me where the current best deal on purchasing a Easy Trainer 1280 is?

Thank you?
itsme2 is offline Find More Posts by itsme2
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:17 AM
Crashmaster
Swammy1979's Avatar
United States, CA, Lakewood
Joined Jul 2012
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
Can anyone here tell me where the current best deal on purchasing a Easy Trainer 1280 is?

Thank you?
To my knowledge, this plane is only available at the bananahobby website.
Swammy1979 is offline Find More Posts by Swammy1979
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:44 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
Can anyone here tell me where the current best deal on purchasing a Easy Trainer 1280 is?

Thank you?

Yep, it seems that only Banana carries the excellent FMS EZ Trainer models, but their prices are pretty good:

http://www.bananahobby.com/easy-trai...5359-prd1.html

http://www.bananahobby.com/easy-trai...5693-prd1.html

http://www.bananahobby.com/easy-trai...5360-prd1.html
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:41 PM
Crashmaster
Swammy1979's Avatar
United States, CA, Lakewood
Joined Jul 2012
199 Posts
Well, my plane landed in a tree today (about 40 feet or more up) after a transmitter glitch...not sure if I'll get it back. For now, crashmaster is grounded...or treed.
Swammy1979 is offline Find More Posts by Swammy1979
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:08 PM
Waypoint Collector
TNug's Avatar
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Feb 2012
508 Posts
Bummer
I was lucky mine were only ~15' up - both times
Maybe some wind will dislodge it.
TNug is online now Find More Posts by TNug
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:43 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
91 Posts
Fms 1280 video

This plane is great, flies hard when you push it, floats like a bubble when you donīt... donīt hesitate, buy now and enjoy!

FMS 1280 OVER CARACAS (1 min 1 sec)
ariveroll is offline Find More Posts by ariveroll
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:55 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariveroll View Post
This plane is great, flies hard when you push it, floats like a bubble when you donīt... donīt hesitate, buy now and enjoy!
It looks like you really took to this model, although originally you were very skeptical over whether 2S would have adequate power. It just shows that a properly designed model, doesn't need to be overpowered, as the FMS Easy Trainer 1280 is so well designed that it is extremely efficient.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:09 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
It looks like you really took to this model, although originally you were very skeptical over whether 2S would have adequate power. It just shows that a properly designed model, doesn't need to be overpowered, as the FMS Easy Trainer 1280 is so well designed that it is extremely efficient.
Absolutely right! although a little more power for emergency climbs would make it perfect!
ariveroll is offline Find More Posts by ariveroll
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:14 PM
Registered User
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined May 2011
7 Posts
Fms radio

Does any one know who makes the receiver/transmitter for FMS 2.4 ghz radio. Is there a ful size Transmitter that you can buy that will bind with the FMS radio ? thank you
pat.curtin is offline Find More Posts by pat.curtin
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:14 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat.curtin View Post
Does any one know who makes the receiver/transmitter for FMS 2.4 ghz radio. Is there a ful size Transmitter that you can buy that will bind with the FMS radio ? thank you
If you want to upgrade to a better transmitter, then it's easier to get a compatible receiver while you're at it, as the receivers are typically fairly inexpensive.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:13 PM
Waypoint Collector
TNug's Avatar
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Feb 2012
508 Posts
As an FYI, I logged a 3S static run with my EagleTree just because I had the lipo laying around. No rpm or thrust measurement.

I did this because some others were asking about running the EZ1280 on 3S. I would not recommend it without upgrading at least the ESC. See below.

Battery: Zippy Flightmax 3S 1500mAh 20C
Otherwise stock electronics & prop
Pack voltage starting: 11.8 V
Pack voltage during full throttle: 10.8 V
Peak current: 26.6 A
Steady state current during full throttle: ~25.5 A
Peak power: 290 W
Steady state power during full throttle: ~275 W

There seemed to be significant voltage droop with the 30A capable 3S pack, so for giggles I hooked up my 3S 5000mAh pack - which was at storage voltage. (a little low)

Battery: Zippy Flightmax 3S 5000mAh 45C
Otherwise stock electronics & prop
Pack voltage starting: 11.3 V
Pack voltage during full throttle: 11 V
Peak current: 27.9 A
Steady state current during full throttle: ~26 A
Peak power: 306 W
Steady state power during full throttle: ~286 W


For comparison, these are numbers from a 2S test:

Battery: Zippy Flightmax 2S 2200mAh 25C
Otherwise stock electronics & prop
Pack voltage starting: 7.9 V
Pack voltage during full throttle: 7.6 V
Peak current: 16.0 A
Steady state current during full throttle: ~15 A
Peak power: 122 W
Steady state power during full throttle: ~115 W

Without thrust measurements, I can't tell you how much of the increased power translated into additional thrust. All I can say is I held the plane while running the tests and the 3S push startled me. I certainly felt like it could be 2X the thrust. I probably won't go through the trouble of measuring thrust, but I hope this may be helpful to others.
TNug is online now Find More Posts by TNug
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:35 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2008
12 Posts
FMS Easytrainer 1280 - radio upgrade advice sought

I have the RTF model and love it, but regularly suffer radio drop outs and loss of control with the stock radio, so looking to upgrade. Thinking about the Turnigy 9x Radio / Module / Receiver combo but need advice on what else I may need. For example, will the existing FMS servos and ESC work with the Turnigy receiver?

Thanks
neil_f_real is offline Find More Posts by neil_f_real
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:33 PM
Waypoint Collector
TNug's Avatar
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Feb 2012
508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_f_real View Post
I have the RTF model and love it, but regularly suffer radio drop outs and loss of control with the stock radio, so looking to upgrade. Thinking about the Turnigy 9x Radio / Module / Receiver combo but need advice on what else I may need. For example, will the existing FMS servos and ESC work with the Turnigy receiver?

Thanks
Yes, the Turnigy (FlySky) 9x will work just fine. I use the FS version with the 6 channel rx. It's quite a bit bigger than the stock rx, but smaller than the 8 channel rx. The servo connectors are labeled, so it should be straight forward. I also got a tx lipo from HK for it.
TNug is online now Find More Posts by TNug
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:48 AM
Crashmaster
Swammy1979's Avatar
United States, CA, Lakewood
Joined Jul 2012
199 Posts
I, too, switched to a turnigy due to cost and reviews. Do yourself a favor and make sure your batteries have a solid connection if using the supplied AA battery pack. Mine had a weak connection which ended in an in-flight power outage.....sending my plane into a nearby tree.

I can attest that the tx/rx will work just fine with the stock servos, no issues there.
Swammy1979 is offline Find More Posts by Swammy1979
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:55 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swammy1979 View Post
I, too, switched to a turnigy due to cost and reviews. Do yourself a favor and make sure your batteries have a solid connection if using the supplied AA battery pack. Mine had a weak connection which ended in an in-flight power outage.....sending my plane into a nearby tree.

I can attest that the tx/rx will work just fine with the stock servos, no issues there.
Any luck retrieving your model yet?
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Hobbyking Yak 54 30ep 1280mm (ARF) - Crash budkeywest 3D Flying 41 May 19, 2012 08:17 AM
Discussion crash Video - Hobbyking Yak 54 30ep 1280mm (ARF) - Crash budkeywest Crash Discussion 1 Jan 01, 2012 11:51 AM
Video Hobbyking Yak 54 30ep 1280mm (ARF) - Crash budkeywest Electric Plane Talk 2 Dec 12, 2011 01:02 PM
Wanted Want: Trainer/Easy Fly - 3DHobby Shop EBT Trainer or similar rstoomanyhobbies Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Sep 11, 2008 11:56 AM