HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Mr Kamikaze, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 10:30 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,393 Posts
Discussion
Composite ARF Yak 55SP 2.1mtr with DA50R

Well I maidened the Comp ARF Yak and let me say awwwwwesome!!! I put 5 flights on and did everything from IMAC to hovering and torque rolling about 12ft off the deck.

Man once I got it's feeling for hovering it locked in and just started torquing! I hardly had to touch elevator to keep it going. Looked pretty cool getting blown across the field in the wind hovering and torque rolling.

Also it does high alpha knife edge is incredible, it slows right down and sits at 45 degree angle with pretty much no coupling. At one time I did it for a bout 50 meters one handed, not touching ailerons or throttle.

I was concerned the roll rate wouldn't be what I wanted as it's not super high throws on the ailerons. Pffffft yeah right at speed it's like 2 rolls a second!!!

Rolling harrier circles and loops were easy as well!

When it comes to IMAC far out it draws super straight lines, on low rates I was doing slow rolls, the length of the strip for one roll, about 20ft off the deck, it was just so locked in.

Landing??? Just fully shut throttle to idle and let it float in. Soooooo easy.

Love it!!!!
Mr Kamikaze is online now Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
to remove ads between posts