Cool new Heli Pitch app for iphone and Android

Cool app:
HeliPitch
guyro is offline Find More Posts by guyro
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:15 AM
Joined Feb 2012
25 Posts
Its a good idea, but probably a dud. I have the iphone app for a heli tach which was a waste of money. Doesn't work properly.
824TSV is offline Find More Posts by 824TSV
Old Mar 04, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Jul 2010
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 824TSV View Post
Its a good idea, but probably a dud. I have the iphone app for a heli tach which was a waste of money. Doesn't work properly.
Hi there!

The author of this app here. I have really tried my best to make it work and so far it seems to work pretty well for all that have contacted me (including my testers). It is important to have a correct angle (see description) and fairly good lighting conditions. When I tested with by bevel box I got a difference of 0.1 degrees. (10.3 on bevel box and 10.2 in the app). It will however vary depending on how steady you hold the camera, angle against the rotor head etc. One good thing is that it does not need any calibration as it measures the angles between the blades, so even if you have the heli on a table that is not level etc it will still measure the angles correctly.

Unfortunately one cannot re-fund using AppStore, but if you have an Android you can buy the app and test it before the refund period expires. If you do not like it, you can return the app and get the money back. I guess the refund time is pretty short, but if you plan (i.e. have the heli ready) you should be able to test and evaluate before this happens.

Best regards
Stefan
Gruffy is online now Find More Posts by Gruffy
Old Mar 05, 2012, 02:56 PM
Joined Mar 2012
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruffy View Post
Hi there!

The author of this app here. I have really tried my best to make it work and so far it seems to work pretty well for all that have contacted me (including my testers). It is important to have a correct angle (see description) and fairly good lighting conditions. When I tested with by bevel box I got a difference of 0.1 degrees. (10.3 on bevel box and 10.2 in the app). It will however vary depending on how steady you hold the camera, angle against the rotor head etc. One good thing is that it does not need any calibration as it measures the angles between the blades, so even if you have the heli on a table that is not level etc it will still measure the angles correctly.

Unfortunately one cannot re-fund using AppStore, but if you have an Android you can buy the app and test it before the refund period expires. If you do not like it, you can return the app and get the money back. I guess the refund time is pretty short, but if you plan (i.e. have the heli ready) you should be able to test and evaluate before this happens.

Best regards
Stefan
lol
teamscon is offline Find More Posts by teamscon
Old Mar 09, 2012, 05:57 PM
Never Go Full Retard
Sverige, Västra Götalands Län, Dals-Ed
Joined Sep 2011
134 Posts
So does it work or not? i meant to a reliable degree or just for fun?
1Man1Mountain is offline Find More Posts by 1Man1Mountain
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Mar 2012
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Man1Mountain View Post
So does it work or not? i meant to a reliable degree or just for fun?
I would lean towards no lol
teamscon is offline Find More Posts by teamscon