SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by StayQuiet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:20 AM
United States, MA, Oxford
Joined Jul 2011
78 Posts
Build Log
Demi Duster Electric - part 7 - first laser cut parts

The parts cut by the LHS (free plug to Creative Hobbies in Mendon, MA here!) are done. It's fascinating to watch the wood go into the laser cutter, see a little smoke, and end up with the parts you need, precisely cut, and just pop out of the wood sheet. I would much rather spend my time in front of a computer, teaching myself CAD, than to spend hours trying to manually cut those same parts, and probably not as accurately.

Who am I kidding? Definitely not as accurately.
StayQuiet is offline Find More Posts by StayQuiet
Last edited by StayQuiet; Mar 23, 2012 at 08:46 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:16 PM
Joined Mar 2011
118 Posts
hey welldone on the cad learning im doing same thing for 3 weeks now its amazing watching my cad drawrings go into a cnc machine then cut 2mm carbonfibre to acuracy that is still beyond me lol.

good work
monit111 is offline Find More Posts by monit111
Old Mar 04, 2012, 07:42 AM
United States, MA, Oxford
Joined Jul 2011
78 Posts
I'm still fumbling my way through CAD. The shop called me, and said there was a problem with one of my files. The laser kept trying to cut a huge circle.

Evidently, when I was trying to put a very small circle in the firewall for the motor shaft, I inadvertently drew a second one, with about a 40" radius. I couldn't see it while I was zoomed in on the part, but when I zoomed out (way out), sure enough, there it was! Easy enough to correct, but something I will have to work on in the future.
StayQuiet is offline Find More Posts by StayQuiet