Closed Thread
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:41 PM
The Netherlands, FL, Zeewolde
Joined Mar 2012
24 Posts
EU pre order pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
Will most definite release video before the date. 6-8m/sec = 25km/hr = 16mph, right?

@Nozzy, I will give this another thought in a few days. Thanks.
Sydney,

about ten days ago you said you would get back to me about this,
but no info from you or the Dutch distributor of DJI.

Did I miss it ?

Regards
Nozzy is offline Find More Posts by Nozzy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:59 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzy View Post
Sydney,

Did I miss it ?

Regards
There is no dealers worldwide for Zenmuse & S800. You did not miss anything. The issue with price including tax can be confusing .... I am accustomed to price + tax. One or two dealers carrying other DJI products, is willing to work with his existing customer who is interested in pre-order in doing consolidation without any profit.

I have a couple of options for EU euro based countries. But, no decision has been made. Hopeful in another week or two.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:20 AM
Joined Mar 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
There is no dealers worldwide for Zenmuse & S800. You did not miss anything. The issue with price including tax can be confusing .... I am accustomed to price + tax. One or two dealers carrying other DJI products, is willing to work with his existing customer who is interested in pre-order in doing consolidation without any profit.

I have a couple of options for EU euro based countries. But, no decision has been made. Hopeful in another week or two.
Most european countries require prices to be quoted including tax by law.
If you look at the DJI WKM prices quoted by dealers in Euro countries they are all 899 which is the DJI MSRP.

We will wait, albeit a little impatiently <grin> But delays will probably mean that prospects source large multicopters from european companies instead.

Regards
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:21 AM
Nederland, Limburg, Heerlen
Joined Jun 2010
55 Posts
Quote:
Sydney,

Did I miss it ?

Regards
Hi Nozzy

we have not heard anything also.
i see a good conversation going on multikopters forum in the uk.
with the CEO of dji.
as for now we will not support any DJI Item that has not been ordered or delivered thru us.
if you are a existing customer (DJI or none DJI) offcourse we will supply support.
please dont get us wrong , but we have to pay for the lights to burn , the heating.
the food and staff.
we see a lot of so called "dealers" that sell it, but will not give any support , and in some cases send them to us , since we handle a easy "swap service".

i,m afraid you have to order it yourself , thru DJI.
and pay for shipping , handling , import taxes , local taxes , eeeg rates.
on top DHL or Fedex will take a handling fee also and 5% on the total amount for handling the goods from china to you.
in case of faulty product or warranty, you will need to package it again.
make a copy of your purchase note , Fexed shipping papers.
and send it back for Repair Return.
now it could happen that China customs will try to charge the receiver , the total amount that was written on the original invoice.

so said all that , you have a glimpse of what we need to do in case of a warranty.
to be honnest we scrap the parts , and give new ones

S800 / Z15

so for now we are kept in the dark, we have no clue in how this is going to work.
so we will not stock any S800 or Z15 items.

as for the delay in answers i have been hospitalised for the last 10 days.
recovering a small hart surgery , toulk a week of rest (only 20 hours workweek)
and now trying to get back 100%.

Regards Sandor Kruise
Digitech is offline Find More Posts by Digitech
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:27 AM
Santiago, Chile
Chile, Región Metropolitana, Stgo
Joined Oct 2011
75 Posts
S800 Looks Great, but Wat's about spare parts cost? may be will expensive spare parts.

I have a Wookong-M, and last week crashed with no explanation, The GPS Cable was cut, I asked to My Dealer for a GPS spare for Wookong-M, and He tell me that is US$580 aprox.
flozano is offline Find More Posts by flozano
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:50 AM
Joined Jun 2010
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flozano View Post
S800 Looks Great, but Wat's about spare parts cost? may be will expensive spare parts.

I have a Wookong-M, and last week crashed with no explanation, The GPS Cable was cut, I asked to My Dealer for a GPS spare for Wookong-M, and He tell me that is US$580 aprox.
send us the GPS unit for repair.
we have our own repair and service.
secondly we have all DJI Spares on stock
GPS module is : 176,- euro,s NO VAT
shipment is about 80 euro,s to chile or 25 euro,s with normal mail (none tracable)
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:54 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
GPS module is about ~$40 in parts, and I'm being generous and using single qty pricing. Last I checked, shipping 50 grams worth of stuff in an envelope, cost 3-4eur, not 80 or 25.

Must add magical pixie dust to each DJI item.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:57 AM
Joined Jun 2010
55 Posts
Quote:
Most european countries require prices to be quoted including tax by law.
If you look at the DJI WKM prices quoted by dealers in Euro countries they are all 899 which is the DJI MSRP.

We will wait, albeit a little impatiently <grin> But delays will probably mean that prospects source large multicopters from european companies instead.

Regards
Yes we discussed this problem with DJI in Neurenberg , that all euopean deales are giving away 20% of their margin to taxes to keep the same price.
like i said there are a lot of dealers that work from their bedroom or shed in the back garden and are professional dealers :-)

they have no clue about taxes , until the tax man shows up.

basicly the price should have been MRSP + 20% for europe.
this would be a Fair price for everyone.
and stop Asia dealers to sell to europe.
get a good customer support for europe and ONLY a few good dealers with cash flow and huge stocks in spares.
this way customers will pass on the grey import of articles.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:01 AM
Joined Jun 2010
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
GPS module is about ~$40 in parts, and I'm being generous and using single qty pricing. Last I checked, shipping 50 grams worth of stuff in an envelope, cost 3-4eur, not 80 or 25.

Must add magical pixie dust to each DJI item.
no problem to put it in Envelope , but if the envelope comes empty??
so we ONLY ship UPS.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:52 AM
Joined Mar 2012
24 Posts
European pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitech View Post
Yes we discussed this problem with DJI in Neurenberg , that all euopean deales are giving away 20% of their margin to taxes to keep the same price.
like i said there are a lot of dealers that work from their bedroom or shed in the back garden and are professional dealers :-)

they have no clue about taxes , until the tax man shows up.

basicly the price should have been MRSP + 20% for europe.
this would be a Fair price for everyone.
and stop Asia dealers to sell to europe.
get a good customer support for europe and ONLY a few good dealers with cash flow and huge stocks in spares.
this way customers will pass on the grey import of articles.
Looking at the cost of the electronic components, the hardware component prices include then a large marging for DJI. The cost of the software options like Multiwaypoint has (too) huge margins for DJI.

Seems like the DJI is learning from Apple <grin> Whilst DJI product is good it is not highly innovated, just well manufactured. Unfortunaely it needs good support from local dealers as it is a more complex product for the end user.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 03:35 PM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Anyone considering shooting AP using FPV where the craft is NOT in line of sight without a spotter should not even consider doing AP as it just shows they are a danger to anyone or anything they are around. Alot of guys who barely understand there craft and the hobby in general think they are gonna make money doing AP are in for a big surprise and should get a few years flying a multirotor or a CP heli before they consider trying to make $ shooting AP. I know there are many who cannot hover nose in and think they are ready LOL.
Safety should always come 1st and foremost.
If you go to a sanctioned heli event nobody is allowed to fly without an AMA card and a spotter.

Yes, I'm aware of the importance of a spotter when doing FPV, even when it's on sight range! After all when you and the camera controller are with googles they can't see the drone. And that implies in a few risky situations that can occur.

So a professional aerial team would need at least 3 guys working together.

But an OSD is still very handy!

If you are filming nose in even the spotter can't see the information led if it's attached to the back, not to mention if you are flying far away. And I prefer to also read the essencial info on the google screen than only having a guy calling it for me.

So I believe a DJI OSD 100% compatible with WK-M would be a perfect addition to the products line regarding the safety it will offer showing battery capacity remaining, GPS lock situation, etc, etc, etc.
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Last edited by Velociraptor73; Mar 19, 2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:00 PM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
755 Posts
I have seen a lot of multi-rotors been sold here in Brazil in a ebay like actions site and if I'm having difficulties setting up a multi-rotor for aerial filming after 2 years experience flying and reselling RC hobby products I can only imagine what total beginners will face when trying to start working with that right away after spending a lot of money in a Droidworx that they don't have a clue how it works or any flight time in the book.
there will be some funny and other not so funny dangerous situations going on...LOL
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:54 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor73 View Post
I have seen a lot of multi-rotors been sold here in Brazil in a ebay like actions site and if I'm having difficulties setting up a multi-rotor for aerial filming after 2 years experience flying and reselling RC hobby products I can only imagine what total beginners will face when trying to start working with that right away after spending a lot of money in a Droidworx that they don't have a clue how it works or any flight time in the book.
there will be some funny and other not so funny dangerous situations going on...LOL
You have seen some of the posts here on the WKM and Naza threads. The DJI products are attracting a lot of new users to our sport. Which is a good thing. The best we can do is try and support them, even if they have no clue how to program the new transmitter they just bought with their DJI kit. This is not a mQx RTF but some look at it that way.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Photogrammetry Solution
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:17 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
You have seen some of the posts here on the WKM and Naza threads. The DJI products are attracting a lot of new users to our sport. Which is a good thing. The best we can do is try and support them, even if they have no clue how to program the new transmitter they just bought with their DJI kit. This is not a mQx RTF but some look at it that way.
I am reading between the lines
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:23 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,034 Posts
Don't read too much, it was not intended that way.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Photogrammetry Solution
Closed Thread