Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Apr 2012
482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I can definitely say it is not. I wish they offered it in both versions. Now my diversity receiver is useless until I get another receiver.
DO you think there is any chance DJI will get it certified by the FCC/IC CE otherwise it's not going to any use to people who intend to charge for their work. I keep seeing the word professional thrown about by DJI but see no follow up making there equipment legal to use by professionals
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:08 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
DO you think there is any chance DJI will get it certified by the FCC/IC CE otherwise it's not going to any use to people who intend to charge for their work. I keep seeing the word professional thrown about by DJI but see no follow up making there equipment legal to use by professionals
If you care about what the FCC thinks then why don't you look into what the FAA thinks about AP for commercial purposes.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:05 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,949 Posts
I had a friend ask me today what licenses were necessary for commercial use right now in the US. As far as I know there are none and the FAA has not set any regulations that would allow one to be issued, let alone the mechanism for certifying airframes and pilots. It may take years. People work now under the radar. Some large companies have received cease and desist orders.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: P2 Lightbridge set up
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:12 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Can anyone give me a guarantee what the new rulings are when they are all done, and when and if they are done?

I am getting bits and pieces from all over the world. I don't think DJI throwing out "professional" as some users are professional in AP either from commercial point of view or academic or after flying a few years point of view.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined May 2005
1,165 Posts
Do we need an OSD for Areal Photo shooting ?
My first mind was that it will be perfect for mine FPV F500 hex, but the Z15 does not need any OSD.

But what I need is a quality video link !
is the DJI video TX\RX my best opinion to buy ??

I like my lawmate , but DJI TX seems to be more professional.
But it`s still Chinese quality.
liteglow is offline Find More Posts by liteglow
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Dec 2010
65 Posts
I posted some questions in the main forum about the Zenmuse and video downlinks etc. Perhaps I posted in the wrong spot because nobody has replied, so I'll try adding a link to that thread here. Can anyone help me out?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1749691
voidunknown is offline Find More Posts by voidunknown
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:08 PM
Joined May 2005
1,165 Posts
you can use whatever video link you feel to use, you also need a monitor.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:16 PM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,044 Posts
voidunknown separate threads get washed away fast in this forum. Most people post their questions in the main threads.

Also many people are just watching threads they've subscribed to and dont often watch the main forum.
Dolby is online now Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined Apr 2012
482 Posts
[QUOTE=sidneyw;22974741]Can anyone give me a guarantee what the new rulings are when they are all done, and when and if they are done?

If you want to have an idea of what the ruling will be and likely adopted by ICAO
and the FAA check out the UAV working group report 2012 from Transport Canada, it lays out the frame work from the integration of RPAS. The models and information are there if you care to look.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviatio...20indent-left5

here is a sub para on airworthiness from the 2012 update report

Part V – Airworthiness

o RPAS owners should conform to existing aircraft reporting regulations;

o Creation of a new Subpart 5xx – Remotely-Piloted Aircraft Systems to include all RPAS related airworthiness standards. This includes the requirements to be met to achieve an acceptable small RPAS type design and addresses such areas as:

 Flight (Performance);
 RPA Structure;
 Design and Construction;
 Propulsion System;
 Systems and Equipment (includes RPAS Control, Sense and Avoid, and Launch and Recovery Systems); and
 Manuals and Documentation;

o Small RPAS (25kg or less) would not be required to have “approved” or “certified” type designs, but would require a self-declared “Manufacturer’s Statement of Compliance” attesting that the type design of the RPAS complies with applicable airworthiness standards and that the specific RPAS is in conformity with its type design;

o The Manufacturer’s Statement of Compliance would be sufficient for TC to issue a “Special Certificate of Airworthiness – RPAS”; and

o The owner/operator is responsible for all maintenance associated with small RPAS. Maintenance should only be performed by a person with relevant training and experience on the specific RPAS.

They are trying to make sense of the new technologies and not stifle innovation or business , but there goal is also safety.

Even if you don't want to look, it's clear the integration of technologies like the WKM is a serious business and DJI is moving into the aviation world. The rules are strict and the consequences for braking them are severe, the demarcation point is usually from amateur to professional, if you can be seen to be making gain (not just money btw) on the use of your product you are seen as professional and a whole set of other rules apply, including the requirements for detailed performance charts of the aircraft (I have asked for performance documents for the S800 but it appears there are none) this sort of information isn't just optional it's a requirement for professional use.

As is the certification for any equipment used for professional use in transmitting signals. HAM rules do not apply. So the fine products you may make are not going to be approved by the TC and or ICAO unless you go through these steps. I guess you could say professional "in any place where we can get away with it." WHy not just start right you have great ideas and all we need at this point is the documentation an certifications, lots of companies do it. I guess I should add you would have heard a lot more of this if the FAA had a framework for Professional Aerial photography, they don't as yet but will soon and they will require all the same information and certification we do here.

oh an apologies I don't mean to hijack this thread but it's important to discuss these issues
Last edited by flyingbiscuit1; Oct 11, 2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined Dec 2010
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
you can use whatever video link you feel to use, you also need a monitor.
Thanks! Do I have to specially "rig" something up to connect it to the Zenmuse HDMI output? I don't have my Zenmuse just yet so I haven't seen it in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
voidunknown separate threads get washed away fast in this forum. Most people post their questions in the main threads.

Also many people are just watching threads they've subscribed to and dont often watch the main forum.
I'll remember that for next time and post in a main thread. Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:03 PM
Joined May 2005
1,165 Posts
the zenmuse have a HDMI --> composite converter, so mostly video TX will work.
but be sure you have a step down voltage from 12v to 5volt if you use a 5v video TX.
zenmuse have 12v 1A output (from the oem plug)

I guess if you buy the DJI video TX, i think (will guess) it`s plug`n play.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:28 PM
Joined Dec 2010
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
the zenmuse have a HDMI --> composite converter, so mostly video TX will work.
but be sure you have a step down voltage from 12v to 5volt if you use a 5v video TX.
zenmuse have 12v 1A output (from the oem plug)

I guess if you buy the DJI video TX, i think (will guess) it`s plug`n play.
That helps a lot, thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:34 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
flyingbiscuit1, ok one from Canada. Need one from every country .... start a thread of this. Be nice to have reference from other companies selling/manufacturing multi-rotors or rc helicopters on the subject. Yes, better not hijack camera gimbal thread.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:55 PM
Joined Apr 2012
482 Posts
I think that's a good idea, I. Will do that. I know the ICAO want some conformity on the issue and most groups are working on that, so I think you will find them all pretty close. Basic stuff such as performance charts etc are already asked for.
It's a good question on what other manufacturers are doing. I think anyone playing seriously, think mil or ems are all over this right now they know there future business depends on having every i dotted and t crossed. I know aeryon labs here in Canada have been carefully. 2eful to make sure the quad they design fits in the new ultra light category, under 2kgs or something like that. Knowing it will be much easier to sell and operate in that category.
Anyhow I'll start another thread, but I don't think that this might be the right forum for people who have the information, but. There again I have been constantly amazed at the depth of knowledge here.
Thanks for the response I have always appreciated how dji interact with the users.
Fb
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:43 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,949 Posts
flyingbiscuit1, once you do that, can you post a link in this, the S800 and WKM threads. It will make it easier to others to subscribe. I will distribute to the other forums that I am active in. Thanks for taking the lead in this.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: P2 Lightbridge set up