HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:59 PM
Joined Nov 2009
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
I am the only one that think there should be a roll lock mode ?
Flying 1-person last day, I make sure the cam is level, but after some flights it`s not!
I have the same problem. Any suggestions?
oylore is offline Find More Posts by oylore
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:15 PM
Joined Dec 2011
11 Posts
Verify and check in zenmuse assistent software if all the parameters is on zero and recalibrate your radio with subtrim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oylore View Post
I have the same problem. Any suggestions?
cortez is offline Find More Posts by cortez
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:14 PM
zzr
DEAF-POWER
United States, CA, Los Gatos
Joined Feb 2006
297 Posts
Thumbs up

Impressive video! I'm planning to get a Sonnar 24mm soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarfworks View Post
Hey all,

I've been watching this thread come along for a while now. Thought that I'd chip in too, so I made this video. It's kind of long as I thought that I'd show it full time and didn't clip anything out just to show the whole process.

Skip to 19:00 to see it in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv0Xc...lAz30-BkEO6u7g

Cheers!
Paul
zzr is online now Find More Posts by zzr
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:18 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,043 Posts
Thanks Paul,

You make the difficult seem possible for the rest of us. Now where is that $1000 setting in my mattress? Not there, oh well better luck next time.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Photogrammetry Solution
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:33 AM
Joined Apr 2012
478 Posts
I read somewhere that DJI had a video downlink coming out, does anyone know if this will be approved for use in the US or Canada, I am having a great difficulty finding a approved transmitter, if I want to get paid for any aerial photography or video. Anyone else know a solution of if DJI will get there system approved by fcc or IC?
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:51 AM
Lost in the wind
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jun 2012
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
I read somewhere that DJI had a video downlink coming out, does anyone know if this will be approved for use in the US or Canada, I am having a great difficulty finding a approved transmitter, if I want to get paid for any aerial photography or video. Anyone else know a solution of if DJI will get there system approved by fcc or IC?
I use the RC805 5.8RX and the 5.8 TX that goes with it.... works for me... I only use it to line up the shot.. my flights are all LOS and close range.

the RC805 has 2 V-output on top and 1 port for power, and the antennae. Some users don't like it because of that.

When I ordered mine from HK, it came without a antenna. Luckly I had also ordered another one in plan to replace it anyhow.

After getting it, I realize the antennae was swivelling around, so I easily unscrewed the cover to find that the antenna solder was broke. I quickly resolder it and it works for what I use it for.

Sounds like it is something similar to what you are using for.

KS
ksrimoungchanh is offline Find More Posts by ksrimoungchanh
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:14 AM
Joined Apr 2012
478 Posts
Yes something like that, although I work a 2 person operation and the pilot doesn't use the screen at all only the camera op, but the problem is to do any aerial video work at least in Canada and a lot of other countries you need approval from the aviation authorities, the application requires a description of the downlink, and guess what if it's not FCC or IC approved you can not use it, thats why its critical for any professional aeial photography system to have an approved downlink. I am finding this a huge and relatively undiscussed problem
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:23 AM
Joined Jul 2008
129 Posts
Update:

I was finally able to make contact with DJI USA.

They are convinced that the HDMI/AV converter works in NTSC with the GH2 Zen. So I was told to send my unit back.

I was only able to transmit clear video if I set the GH2 to PAL otherwise it would be black and white and flicker.

Is anyone else using the GH2 Zen and transmitting video in NTSC?
blbills is offline Find More Posts by blbills
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:45 AM
Joined Apr 2012
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blbills View Post

They are convinced that the HDMI/AV converter works in NTSC with the GH2 Zen. So I was told to send my unit back.

I was only able to transmit clear video if I set the GH2 to PAL otherwise it would be black and white and flicker.

No mine only works in PAL, now only if I can get a legally approved transmitter from DJI
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:46 PM
Joined Jun 2011
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
Well I had an idea last night on how to mount the Zenmuse on my retracts.

A few Ultimaker prints later...

Attachment 5215749 Attachment 5215750 Attachment 5215751 Attachment 5215752
Is it a "copy" or a cheeper version of these retracts out there?

Pål
pal72 is online now Find More Posts by pal72
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:06 PM
Joined Dec 2004
21 Posts
Any recommendations for a downlink tx/rx for the zenmuse/S800? Don't want to wait for the DJI one and was hoping for some feedback from you guys on what you're using and if you're happy with the range/performance etc. I'm still running a Range Video 2.4Ghz setup on my 72MHZ camera ship, but will need to switch over to a new system (I'm assuming 5.8ghz or 900mhz) for the Zenmuze/S800... a little overwhelmed with power output options and all the different systems out there...

Thanks,
Tim
c130pilot is offline Find More Posts by c130pilot
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Nov 2009
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c130pilot View Post
Any recommendations for a downlink tx/rx for the zenmuse/S800? Don't want to wait for the DJI one and was hoping for some feedback from you guys on what you're using and if you're happy with the range/performance etc. I'm still running a Range Video 2.4Ghz setup on my 72MHZ camera ship, but will need to switch over to a new system (I'm assuming 5.8ghz or 900mhz) for the Zenmuze/S800... a little overwhelmed with power output options and all the different systems out there...

Thanks,
Tim
I use this http://www.foxtechfpv.com/58g-400mw-vtxrc805-p-551.html.
I have no problems with that solution.
oylore is offline Find More Posts by oylore
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Apr 2012
478 Posts
Quote:

Thanks,
Tim
Lots of options, but the question I have come up against is that if there is any commercial involvement, ie you get to benefit from your aerial photography, that in several places in the world (think the west)you will not allowed to use anything not approved by the govt agency (think fcc ), I am trying to see if there are any such devices we can use.
If it's just a hobby then get a ham licence and go crazy.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:11 PM
Joined Dec 2006
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blbills View Post

blbills
Yes, I have that same problem.
They will change the unit?
buhojean is offline Find More Posts by buhojean
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:14 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,043 Posts
Quote:

Thanks,
Tim
I like these when they are in stock.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=266
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Photogrammetry Solution