HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:20 AM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
Anyone manged to order one yet, I can't get any further because it doesn't acccept anything other than Chinese credit cards. Anyone found any other place that can supply them

thanks fb
I received a reply from their email:
达普 <dupu.cn@qq.com>

I'm placing an order directly with this address. I'm still waiting for reply for possibility of paypal payments.
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:48 AM
Australia, NSW, Stanhope Gardens
Joined Aug 2012
319 Posts
Probably best to introduce myself by sharing my single operator setup for the Zenmuse on my S800. I'm using a Spektrum DX18 with the AR9020 receiver coupled to the X-Plus8 module. Have the main reciever on the S800 with the X-Plus mounted next to the GCU on the main landing gear. I can still separate the main components as there's only 3 cables connecting them, CAN Bus, Power & servo extension for the X-plus

Channels are configured
Switch Ch Func
B X+1 Mode
C X+2 Pan
D X+3 Roll
G X+4 HDMI
A X+5 FPV
I X+6 Shutter
LLv X+7 Tilt
RLv X+8 Nav Lights

The only annoying part using switches is that the speed of movement is either full on or off but I've set the servo end-points so the different axis move slow and smooth.

Hope this helps someone
Brett1868 is offline Find More Posts by Brett1868
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joined Feb 2012
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett1868 View Post
Probably best to introduce myself by sharing my single operator setup for the Zenmuse on my S800. I'm using a Spektrum DX18 with the AR9020 receiver coupled to the X-Plus8 module. Have the main reciever on the S800 with the X-Plus mounted next to the GCU on the main landing gear. I can still separate the main components as there's only 3 cables connecting them, CAN Bus, Power & servo extension for the X-plus

Channels are configured
Switch Ch Func
B X+1 Mode
C X+2 Pan
D X+3 Roll
G X+4 HDMI
A X+5 FPV
I X+6 Shutter
LLv X+7 Tilt
RLv X+8 Nav Lights

The only annoying part using switches is that the speed of movement is either full on or off but I've set the servo end-points so the different axis move slow and smooth.

Hope this helps someone
Thanks for the info! Is there an easy way to set this up with a 2 person setup say with a DX8? Something to switch between 1 and 2 person.
leemann is offline Find More Posts by leemann
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:17 AM
Australia, NSW, Stanhope Gardens
Joined Aug 2012
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemann View Post
Thanks for the info! Is there an easy way to set this up with a 2 person setup say with a DX8? Something to switch between 1 and 2 person.
Was thinking to use this :-

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18703

Which should allow you to switch control to the 2nd receiver / radio at the flick of a switch and 7 channels is just right for the Zenmuse.
Brett1868 is offline Find More Posts by Brett1868
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:59 AM
Joined Jul 2008
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Ok, that is odd that you had to convert to PAL. I don't even know how to do that. Can you let the rest of us know what you did?
On the GH2 you simply go to the settings screen and select the video output format to be PAL. Super easy. The thing that got me was that after doing that I needed to format the SD card because you get a write error if there is any NTSC data on it which is a bit weird. From my understanding is that changing the output format does nothing to change the actual recorded video.
blbills is offline Find More Posts by blbills
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:58 PM
Germany, BY, Munich
Joined Jan 2012
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
Hopefully I will get my 24mm soon (ordered since weeks), then I can tell you more in detail. To balance more accurate, you can tip with your fingers from both sides (for one specific axes) to check if the cam has a preferred direction to turn (and therefore needs more balancing). Of course you see more of any vibration on a 24mm rather than on a 16mm.

Another point is, that of course it helps, if the copter itself is running "smooth".

best regards

Ferdinand
Thanks Ferdinand.

The movie was done complete in FPV mode were the Zenmuse alway tend to have small left/right shakes. Much better in free and orientation lock mode. As far as I spend some hours today it seems I have to adjust the base plate to get everything back to COG. Did you do this for your adjustments?

As well... did you adjust the Pan Axis Arm?
Topper_MUC is offline Find More Posts by Topper_MUC
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:37 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topper_MUC View Post
Here its the link to my test with the Sonnar 24mm/1,8:

https://vimeo.com/49658770

maybe Ferdinand has a good tip what needs to be watched out while rebalancing for different optics, his videos do not have such issues @ all
Looks to be hunting Left/Right (pan)?

I like the Avant.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:48 PM
Germany, BY, Munich
Joined Jan 2012
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
Looks to be hunting Left/Right (pan)?

I like the Avant.
jup... looks like FPV mode is not the preferred one to use for movies, once in free mode the hunting left right is over. The left right hunting in FPV mode was there with the 16mm Pancake as well. More concerns I have with the micro moves on nick.

Pictures with the Carl Zeiss are amazing and a different universe than with the 16mm:

Thanks for the flowers, the Avant is always a willing model for testing.
Topper_MUC is offline Find More Posts by Topper_MUC
Last edited by Topper_MUC; Sep 18, 2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:02 PM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,350 Posts
My Zen is not under the COG of the copter:

Until now I did not balance the yaw arm.

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:28 PM
Joined Apr 2012
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
I received a reply from their email:
达普 <dupu.cn@qq.com>

I'm placing an order directly with this address. I'm still waiting for reply for possibility of paypal payments.
Ok I never heard anything back from my email. Let me know how you get on.
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:23 AM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
734 Posts
Is it normal when having z15 in H.Free ( non orientation lock) mode you can't turn it 360° pan ?

At least mine is working that way. But when in H.Trace, I can turn it 360° pan
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:36 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,350 Posts
@quadslo,

In all of my videos if use the "non-orientation-locked mode" (gimbal pointing stays unchanged when the aircraft nose moves). Here I can pan endless. The other modes I almost never use, except FPV, to point the cam straight forward for landing. I am still using the "very first" firmware.

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:57 PM
JUN
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined May 2011
148 Posts
http://youtu.be/QUbbJdhmIwc?hd=1

Name: DSC00579.jpg
Views: 101
Size: 210.8 KB
Description:
dancing in the air...with the most popular music now in the world!

JUN
leoli0205 is offline Find More Posts by leoli0205
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:55 PM
FirstPersonFlyer
Bavaria/Germany
Joined Mar 2008
104 Posts
Hey all,

I send you all some greetings from DJI directly from the phootokina.
DJI does have a great booth here with many S800 Zenmuse and some NEW Stuff as well (more infos later on).

All pictures can be seen on facebook https://www.facebook.com/GlobeFlight

I read the roumoring about the GH3 along this thread and as I tried it yesturday I can say I am really sure it will change the szene just like the Gh2 did over the last year. The GH3 does have a seperate HDMI Output setting just like the NEX series so you can record in 1080p and give the zenmuse its needed 1080i for live out. Next feature is the amazin AF what you will not need so far but ah listen you will be able to use a smart zoom lense with 14-24mm which is really small and is controlled by IR or WLAN over an Ipad i.e. As well you will be able to adjust ALL settings over WLAN so we will see how far this will work for our aerial work. So after I visited panasonic I talked to the guys from DJI and they told me they are over the Gimbal adjustement to fit the new nex5r and of course GH3 for the future.

So next roumor about a zenmuse for canon 5d or Fs100, I can tell you there is a zenmuse for FS100 here and looking very smart, just like a zenmuse looks like. Its actually not working with the setup they have here, its a 2m Vario Helicopter but they are in developing.
Ok a 2m heli is not what we like to have carriing those cameras, so there is an octocopter with 100cm dia in progress so far.

landing gears might be the next point to go, YES DJI does have a retracting landing gear in developing and I have seen the prototype as well, its light weight and easy made, with a self blocking in landing AND flying position. Powered by two servos in direct drive, so we will see how its working soon.

Videotransmitter and OSD, are ready and we got some samples for testing. Its a simple 5,8Ghz 500mW System with channel controled per rc switch. The OSD is very simple and will work with any video transmitter and videosource in combination with the wookong CAN bus. A CAN-HUB will come with the OSD so you can sue LED+DATALINK+OSD+Zenmuse together. I will make a screenshot of the OSD the next day.

Feel free to ask any open questions.
Sebastian
MrGlobeFlight is offline Find More Posts by MrGlobeFlight
Last edited by MrGlobeFlight; Sep 19, 2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined Oct 2011
396 Posts
Wow those retractable LG looks good. Just hope the price is not thru the roof...
TruckBasher is offline Find More Posts by TruckBasher