HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:43 PM
Joined Jul 2008
129 Posts
Just FYI, switching my GH2 from NTSC to PAL solved all of my downlink problems.

Haven't actually flown yet but this is one awesome gimbal so far.
blbills is offline Find More Posts by blbills
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:00 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,920 Posts
blbills, where are you located?
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:09 AM
Joined Jul 2008
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
blbills, where are you located?
Orem, Utah
blbills is offline Find More Posts by blbills
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:13 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,920 Posts
Ok, that is odd that you had to convert to PAL. I don't even know how to do that. Can you let the rest of us know what you did?
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:01 AM
Germany, BY, Munich
Joined Jan 2012
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1ik View Post
Ferdinand, you are the pioneer of Z-15 rebalancing. You inspired me to rebalance my Z-15 to accommodate my Zeiss Sonnar E 24mm f/1.8. Without your successful tests I wouldn't touch it. I did the rebalancing starting with tilt, then roll and finally pan - i.e from the camera to the base. To balance the pan I had to put the gimbal/landing gears assembly on its side. I managed to get away w/o any additional weights. For each axis I was able to locate adjustment points that allowed to move the parts in pretty big range achieving needed balance. I have not tried to power it up yet but off-power tests look good. So I am wondering why you had to use some lead? Different design?

Thank you,

--Alik
Hi Alik,

I started exactly the same yesterday, I cant work with the quality of 16mm pancake. How did you get roll back to COG. I have moved the Unit with the IR to the most possible left to still have 360 tilt. I had to add 15 gramm of extra weight to get roll back to center. Can you share some Pictures and/or explain what units you moved to were?

I have flow a quick test yesterday, does look promising but i have very smal short shakes. Those tell me I'm almost back to COG but not 100%.

Video is on it's way to Vimeo, I post a link ones upload is done.
Topper_MUC is offline Find More Posts by Topper_MUC
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:35 AM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicwins View Post
Is it possible to use the servo output on the R6208 for the zenmuse while using S.bus for WKM/S800?

I only have 3 channels left and was wondering if I could reassign the sbus channels so I can plug in all of the zenmuse servo leads and have full functionality.

Any help much appreciated!
Nope s-bus only works on channels 1-8 according to WKM manual, you have to get another receiver (FRSky or Orange) and put a jumper on pins 1-2, bind with Tx, than that makes the other channels 9-14. Its been talked about quite a bit here with me and Robert (UAVProducts). Do a quick search.
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:58 AM
Joined Nov 2011
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemann View Post
As he has written in a German forum only the Wookong IMU has to be connected. So he took out the board of the IMU, connected it to the Zenmuse and placed it somewhere on it.
Knilch is offline Find More Posts by Knilch
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:33 AM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knilch View Post
As he has written in a German forum only the Wookong IMU has to be connected. So he took out the board of the IMU, connected it to the Zenmuse and placed it somewhere on it.
still expensive....
Nettraptor is offline Find More Posts by Nettraptor
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:08 AM
Joined Nov 2011
134 Posts
Of course, as long as you need to buy a Wookong to get that board .
Knilch is offline Find More Posts by Knilch
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:04 AM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I am trying to figure that one out. It appears that a 14 channel tx is required for a one man operation, unless you sacrifice all control of the gimbal.
Yes that what I have, 14 ch and than split them up to 2 man using the trainer mode. Works well
flyingbiscuit1 is offline Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:24 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,472 Posts
Re. Tx and channels.

A few years ago the Futaba 14MZ was the Tx used by most AP folks (single-rotor at that time). Maybe the 12FG too by some. And you bought just one Tx and used it for an eternity. Nowadays it looks like everyone wants to invest at most USD 100 in a junk of HK Tx, even people lifting more than USD 5k in gear. If I am the only one finding this weird, so should it be.
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:35 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
First result for that 14MZ radio... 2000 bucks? How about.. NO!
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:15 AM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
Wow! Those maxamps 11000s are really expensive!

DUPU 10400 is also available in Taobao, btw.

http://mydupu.taobao.com/search.htm?...&queryType=cat
Anyone manged to order one yet, I can't get any further because it doesn't acccept anything other than Chinese credit cards. Anyone found any other place that can supply them

thanks fb
flyingbiscuit1 is offline Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:54 AM
Germany, BY, Munich
Joined Jan 2012
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topper_MUC View Post
Hi Alik,

I started exactly the same yesterday, I cant work with the quality of 16mm pancake. How did you get roll back to COG. I have moved the Unit with the IR to the most possible left to still have 360 tilt. I had to add 15 gramm of extra weight to get roll back to center. Can you share some Pictures and/or explain what units you moved to were?

I have flow a quick test yesterday, does look promising but i have very smal short shakes. Those tell me I'm almost back to COG but not 100%.

Video is on it's way to Vimeo, I post a link ones upload is done.
Here its the link to my test with the Sonnar 24mm/1,8:

S800 Zenmuse 2nd test (4 min 8 sec)

maybe Ferdinand has a good tip what needs to be watched out while rebalancing for different optics, his videos do not have such issues @ all
Topper_MUC is offline Find More Posts by Topper_MUC
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:17 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,420 Posts
Hopefully I will get my 24mm soon (ordered since weeks), then I can tell you more in detail. To balance more accurate, you can tip with your fingers from both sides (for one specific axes) to check if the cam has a preferred direction to turn (and therefore needs more balancing). Of course you see more of any vibration on a 24mm rather than on a 16mm.

Another point is, that of course it helps, if the copter itself is running "smooth".

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Last edited by EndOfDays; Sep 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM.